Soulsborne Thread #10

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It was hilarious seeing the god of war fans spam Lden Mid in chat and then lose their shit claiming it was rigged when Elden Ring won that award. :rofl:

Given how much critics whined about ER, and the fact that it doesn’t cater to any agendas, would’ve had me thinking it’d be more likely rigged against it than in favor.

Course, TLoU2 won every damn award on the book despite being one of the worst AAA games in the last decade and massively underperforming, so I’m pretty skeptical of the process as well, or at least the voters’ judgement.

Also, I don’t understand Sony people. Whether it’s GoW, TLoU, Uncharted, etc. they always seem like they want to go to war over it. XD I think Ragnarok is great, but is it really so hard to believe Elden Ring was good enough to beat it?

GoW4 already beat RDR2, which is a way bigger leap, in my opinion. 

@The Good Doctor  @TheCzarsHussar

IGN did an interview with the Armored Core team, and 90 percent of there questions were just asking if it was going to be Soulsborne, with an increasingly pissed off dev telling them "no"  :rofl:

https://www.ign.com/articles/armored-core-6-interview

3rd person action game more focused on single-player, going to have a "weird" multiplayer system
Retains mission-based with an extra heavy focus on customized mech. Missions will be alot more "open", will have multiple options and routes to pursue mission objectives. Described as "open-field" not "open-world"
Boss battles are the highlight, want to have a variety, "not just mech suits" and are the biggest "inheritor" from the Souls games.
Intense and aggressive battle-system with a mixed of ranged and melee combat 
Will not be Souls-like gameplay, but will have "Souls-like" influence. There's going to be for example a posture meter based on Sekiro's.

Want to retain classic AC gameplay with a "very heavy and grounded" feel, alongside modern systems to make it less daunting. But stated to be " just as difficult as other FROM games (:rofl:) and will not have a difficulty selector

My favorite part of the interview is when Miyisaki stated he believes "the darkness and mystery of our Souls games is not inherent to the genre, but to our company." 

• Like 1

To be honest, for me Armored Core is to Fromsoft what Starfield is to Bethesda, in the sense that I’m not interested in it and would’ve preferred the resources going towards one of their other IPs. That said, it is a classic, so I’m happy for the fans who have been waiting so long for more of it.

And at least Fromsoft doesn’t take 8+ years to make new games like Bethesda these days, so it’s not as much of a delay.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

To be honest, for me Armored Core is to Fromsoft what Starfield is to Bethesda, in the sense that I’m not interested in it and would’ve preferred the resources going towards one of their other IPs. That said, it is a classic, so I’m happy for the fans who have been waiting so long for more of it.

And at least Fromsoft doesn’t take 8+ years to make new games like Bethesda these days, so it’s not as much of a delay.

The multiple teams for each studio is the best approach :rofl: Bethesda should have invested in making a separate Fallout/Elder Scrolls group. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's...a hell of a first project XD

Yeah, not a clean start. XD 

Although for all the faults in 76, it has some good things about it that make me think their B team does have some potential. Wish they’d ditch the time and resource-consuming online stuff and just keep making spin-offs to Fallout and TES in-between the main games. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, not a clean start. XD 

Although for all the faults in 76, it has some good things about it that make me think their B team does have some potential. Wish they’d ditch the time and resource-consuming online stuff and just keep making spin-offs to Fallout and TES in-between the main games. 

I think it was kind of unfair to push on an mmo-lite (infamously expensive and hard to make genre) when the main team had zero experience with online stuff, gave them pennies, and had to rely on 70 percent of Fallout 4's code and assets to make the game. 

It reminds me what happened with the B-Team of FROM with Dark Souls 2 funny enough XD But at least they were able to mostly save the project.