Soulsborne Thread #10

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s cause Miquella isn’t male enough. XD 

He inherited his father "Wait that's a dude" weird ass genes, but he dosen't have Radagon's chiseled abs XD

On the topic of Mohg I found it hilarious despite being quite possibly one of FROM's most depraved and overtly evil motherfuckers, the fanbase loves him to death XD And it's even weirder when he seems to be inspired by Zeus's abduction/rape of Ganymede  

37 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

despite being quite possibly one of FROM's most depraved and overtly evil motherfuckers, the fanbase loves him to death 

I get it. He’s just that interesting. And he stands apart from all the other demigods due to the fact that he is currently in his prime and only getting stronger. If not for the Tarnished, Mohg would probably win.

Plus, I think Dung Eater and Shabriri kinda divert away some of the hate that Mohg would have gotten.

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

DLC begging aside, last patch was so amazing balance wise i'm excited to see what they'll do next XD I love all the little micro QA features they've been putting in each update. 

Yeah, they have been really good at addressing small balance and QoL issues. I hope they continue. 

50 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's good to know though; after the first few deal mandated blogs, a year later he's still constantly talking about ER and when he does he's happy to talk about it and seems to be genuinely proud of his contributions to the game. 

No surprises there. GRRM has always been really big into awards. There was some controversy back in 2001 when A Storm of Swords lost to Goblet of Fire for the big Hugo award, and he made some snide comments at JK Rowling over it, basically saying that his fans are still better than hers. Dude really likes to win. XD 

Personally, I’d just like to know what his contributions to Elden Ring even were. It still feels a lot more like Miyazaki writing than GRRM. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

No surprises there. GRRM has always been really big into awards. There was some controversy back in 2001 when A Storm of Swords lost to Goblet of Fire for the big Hugo award, and he made some snide comments at JK Rowling over it, basically saying that his fans are still better than hers. Dude really likes to win. XD 

Personally, I’d just like to know what his contributions to Elden Ring even were. It still feels a lot more like Miyazaki writing than GRRM. 

That's so hilariously petty :rofl:

Though i'd argue both the Harry Potter and ASOIF fanbases are pretty crazy.  Would be hard to tell which one was more toxic. 

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Though i'd argue both the Harry Potter and ASOIF fanbases are pretty crazy.  Would be hard to tell which one was more toxic. 

Definitely Harry Potter, not even close. It released just in time to grab up the generation that would grow up to mostly be tribalistic psychopaths. They’ll slit your fucking throat for badmouthing their favorite characters. XD 

ASoIaF fans aren’t really that toxic, and definitely weren’t back then. Nowadays, they are mostly just dead inside after twelve years of waiting for a book that there’s no sign of releasing any time soon.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Definitely Harry Potter, not even close. It released just in time to grab up the generation that would grow up to mostly be tribalistic psychopaths. They’ll slit your fucking throat for badmouthing their favorite characters. XD 

ASoIaF fans aren’t really that toxic, and definitely weren’t back then. Nowadays, they are mostly just dead inside after twelve years of waiting for a book that there’s no sign of releasing any time soon.

I used to visit the forums when the show and books were at the top of their popularity; and it was filled with holier then thou elitists who discredited and looked down on every other fantasy series as being "inferior" and "for children" XD Maybe it's different these days, cause it was very toxic back then XD

Looking back too it though, I think your right that Harry Potter fans are definitely way more crazy.  

54 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I used to visit the forums when the show and books were at the top of their popularity; and it was filled with holier then thou elitists who discredited and looked down on every other fantasy series as being "inferior" and "for children" 

I know what it was like. I was on the frontlines. XD Those sorts of elitists exist in any fandom, but I wouldn’t say they were particularly bad with ASoIaF. Its more discerning feature is the insane tinfoil hat wearing theorists.

By comparison, Harry Potter is a juggernaut. It is basically the go-to example when people refer to crazy fandoms. 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'd rather have Elden Ring dlc, but another Sekiro, maybe set in the land to the west (Was it China they hinted at?) would be fun.

I'd rather see a continuation from the Shura ending, or a prequel about Isshin's rebellion, but that'd be cool too XD And yeah, they go on a journey to the West. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

They’re flying so high with ER right now. They’d be crazy to show up but then announce nothing for it. I reckon they’ll either do both, or this rumor isn’t legit. 

I think it's a 90 percent chance of at the very least a DLC announcement, the date is just too convenient, along with all the backdoor patching that's been happening XD