Soulsborne Thread #10

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Pebble and the glintsword would be beyond frustrating to go against three people, guarding the archers, spamming that lol

Three guys with greatshields and glintswords with the triple archer spam sounds like the kind of nightmare that would’ve kept the Golden Order from being able to take Liurnia by force.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Three guys with greatshields and glintswords with the triple archer spam sounds like the kind of nightmare that would’ve kept the Golden Order from being able to take Liurnia by force.

Ironically from the lore we've been given, a handful of Enchanted Knights, mages of the academy, the best mage to ever live, and the Cuckoos held back the whole ass Golden Order. For two wars.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Ironically from the lore we've been given, a handful of Enchanted Knights, mages of the academy, the best mage to ever live, and the Cuckoos held back the whole ass Golden Order. For two wars.

Yeah, Liurnia in its prime was really badass. Basically just two relatively small factions who held out against the biggest empire in the world being led by gods. 

I think it makes sense when you look at the geography. 

entropy-xu-816357fb3f07ae441cf5c97f5214f

Raya is basically just a cross between a university and a Fortress; it's elevated on the side of a cliff with multiple walls, magical traps, and a horde of angry mages. Surrounding it a massive, equally fortified town that's more like a small city. And what surrounds it? Just endless amounts of swamps with horrible conditions, dangerous animals and who knows how much disease. There's no cover when you approach this deathtrap through the swamplands, and there's going to be massive attrition for the invading army. 

You don't need a massive army to hold here, it's the perfect condition for Liurnia to resist. And so the Golden Order had to settle for a special deal.

Reminds me of how Morrowind surrendered to the Septim Empire but with a special status no one else had. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

9bbfjmusme4a1.jpg?width=2559&format=pjpg

I love the detail of the little feet people XD

:rofl: That is hysterical. Like they never invented basic pedals, so they came up with this bizarrely impractical Fred Flintstone design.

17 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You don't need a massive army to hold here, it's the perfect condition for Liurnia to resist. And so the Golden Order had to settle for a special deal.

Yeah, Liurnia would be a nightmare to conquer. But then, that applies to pretty much every region in the Lands Between.

Gelmir is a constant narrow uphill push with sheer cliffs and tons of elevated defensive positions. 

Nobody seems to have any halfway decent navies, so the entirety of Limgrave can only be reached through Stormveil, which is a massive obstacle for any army.

The giant lands are treacherous, with huge chasms and steep cliffs and certain points that I don’t think any army could cross without a champion such at Godfrey leading the charge. Not to mention, giants. XD 

Caelid is the only region that seems especially vulnerable to attack. But Radahn and his crew can shut that notion down right quick. 

• Like 1

Even someone who doesn't like PVP is enjoying the Coliseums, I like how each has different rules :rofl: The fucking 3 VS 3 with summons in Caelid is fucking crazy. Really fun

I know it's a vital part of the series, but honestly, I think these structured matches suit Elden Ring way more then invasions did. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Even someone who doesn't like PVP is enjoying the Coliseums, I like how each has different rules :rofl: The fucking 3 VS 3 with summons in Caelid is fucking crazy. Really fun

I know it's a vital part of the series, but honestly, I think these structured matches suit Elden Ring way more then invasions did. 

Oh, is it already out??

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog

Have you found any way to reach the Leyndell arena once the capital is at the later world state? I'm losing my mind trying to find a way there. I seriously hope From didn't forget to add a way up there.

I hope they aren't gonna just say to ng+ it 

There's a new statue in the Round Table hold, you should be able to access it there. 

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The sad thing is it's probably only acceptable before ashen capital. Which sucks because it's the only arena that allows duels without spirit summons lmao

Nope. I just accessed it in the Ashen Capital.

You’ve gotta go waaay around, by the dead dragon, and you’ll find a ladder leading up to the wall that normally is before Roundtable Hold. Follow the wall and it’ll take you all the way there. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nope. I just accessed it in the Ashen Capital.

You’ve gotta go waaay around, by the dead dragon, and you’ll find a ladder leading up to the wall that normally is before Roundtable Hold. Follow the wall and it’ll take you all the way there. 

T h a n k  y o u

I gave several characters a thorough look at their fashion souls. Some of them already were changed after the poise increasing update, but I recently discovered some really fucking cool combinations that I'm happy with.

No internet right now, otherwise I'd send screenshots :P

Edited by TheCzarsHussar