Soulsborne Thread #10

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Not only is it cool as hell, both for the executioner sword and regalia, but they've been buffed in the last patch.

Faster to use and can roll out of it sooner too 

Glad to hear that. I started to rock this sword on my main and the speed buff will be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Glad to hear that. I started to rock this sword on my main and the speed buff will be much appreciated. 

My one wish was that the weapon art for the executioner sword was those long wide swings, or maybe a stance version of the two.

But either way it's such a cool weapon art. Really strong when combined with godfrey icon and alexander's shard, then fully charge it. I've taken like 4k off Mohg before doing that.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

One thing I thought was undebatable a huge downgrade from Dark Souls was the lack of these

I still spent my first playthrough smacking every chest before opening it. XD 

I thought the teleporting chests were a good substitute. They created much more memorable moments for me. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I still spent my first playthrough smacking every chest before opening it. XD 

I thought the teleporting chests were a good substitute. They created much more memorable moments for me. 

Gameplaywise there a really cool trap, but they look so boring compared to a chest coming alive and shoving you into it's mouth XD

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gameplaywise there a really cool trap, but they look so boring compared to a chest coming alive and shoving you into it's mouth XD

True. But one cool thing about ER is how every creature seems to "belong" in the world and have a natural and explained role there. Not sure where mimics would fit, honestly.

Maybe at Ranni’s manor.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I mean, even lorewise it’s not supposed to be anything special. Just a dull old blade used for walking. 

But that's what so cool about it; some old knight went on a journey with a sword-cane to help him with his rusty old legs XD Least they could do is give it a stamina boost when you wear it 

30 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But that's what so cool about it; some old knight went on a journey with a sword-cane to help him with his rusty old legs XD Least they could do is give it a stamina boost when you wear it 

That is cool, but it’s also why it probably shouldn’t be a very good weapon. XD I say let it suck, and so it takes a real badass to actually do a good job with it.