Soulsborne Thread #10

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/hidetaka-miyazaki-says-hes-trying-not-to-get-distracted-by-elden-rings-success/

"I'm at a loss when people ask me why [it's been so successful], but my feeling is that I don't intend to change the way I've been making things in the future," he said. "I try not to think about it too much, because it could become a distraction when I make the next project. However, I am very grateful and feel honoured."

The director said he had the same opinion when it came to user feedback. "Personally, I try not to look directly at user feedback," he said.

"That's because I can't listen to all the users' opinions. I'm afraid that if I do, the voices and opinions I happen to hear will have a strong influence on my future decisions, so I'm careful not to put other opinions directly into my own mind.

"However, when I do look at the reactions, there are many people who first played the same genre (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls series, etc.) with Elden Ring. It makes me nostalgic when I hear them.

"I remember feeling really happy when I experienced Demon's Souls for the first time. It's an exciting title to discover, and we've had an increase in new users. I was personally happy to hear that kind of feedback."

Based XD

• Like 1

Artbook included a shot of the Blasphemous Blade before it was corrupted XD

I guess a member of the Royal Family, the leader of it's holy Inquisition and a step-son of Queen Marika becoming what he did is the ultimate blasphemy. Just like with Aldritch, you almost want to admire them in a way XD

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Artbook included a shot of the Blasphemous Blade before it was corrupted XD

I guess a member of the Royal Family, the leader of it's holy Inquisition and a step-son of Queen Marika becoming what he did is the ultimate blasphemy. Just like with Aldritch, you almost want to admire them in a way XD

Damn that thing looks sick uncorrupted. It looks like an incredibly ornate Lothric Knight Sword.

__titan_erwin_smith_blaidd_the_half_wolf

You know what I noticed; there's pretty much a representative warrior from every faction at the Redmane Festival. A recusant, one of Fia's Champions, a representative of the roundtable, two of Ranni's vassals, Radahn's own Commander, one of Mohg's elite warriors, and a adventurer from Jarberg. All enemies, all teaming up take Radahn out honorably XD

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s a really cool observation!  But you’re right. Basically every surviving faction before Leyndel is trying to bring down Radahn. Man. What a cool enemy.

I know Blaidd’s there. Who’s the other?

Selvius send his puppet Theodora (it's the priest who looks weird and cant speak to her) to help you. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh, that’s who she was? That’s really cool. 

I beat Radahn on a new character last week. I recognized everyone present except for her. 

It's about the only nice thing he does...which is further twisted by the fact it's his creepy abducted sex slave XD

So I finished the Ancient City....I-kinda take back what I said about Kingsfield. The first three games are really primitive, but the Ancient City is such a huge step up i'm kinda blown away. 

The game is super moody and atmospheric; the game's soundtrack was composed by Tsukasa Saito who would later do Bloodborne, so it's top notch. 

The fantasy is really weird FROMSOFTY. There's alot of parrels that I found from the Dark Souls games in it, i'm kind of shocked to see how early FROM was putting there trademark stuff, The storyline is vauge FROMSOFT nonsense like usual, but the stuff that's there interested in me, tons of cool lore.

690527-king-s-field-the-ancient-city-pla

29673f45fc2bbae769c579af7ac595e995f03cc5

193795.jpg

flZuMdz.jpeg

The combat is...not very good, but it's passable if you adapt to it's jank. The exploration and progression though, is very good (reminds me of Dark Souls) 

Speaking of which, ALOT of the concepts we attribute to Dark Souls are present all the way back here. Shulva, New Londo, and even Lake of Rot prototypes are all in this. 

Art-style is that weird "western, but with crazy Japanese shit infused in" we've come to know from them. 

@TheCzarsHussar You probably could adapt to it's jank if you grab it on emulator,  I think you'd love it especially XD

This is a great video on it. Ya'll should at least consider watching a playthrough. 

Kinda reminds me of how Morrowind took a mostly generic fantasy series and turned it weird, because Kingsfield is filled with weirdness, but in the case of Kingsfield-Demon's Souls, the game's progressed in a good way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1