Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion @BTC

New Outer Worlds article. Not a ton of new info, but there are a couple tidbits and they'll be covering it all month. They did go into more detail on what the story structure's gonna be like and how you can affect it. And they further emphasize how much your choices can alter the experience even though it's less open than New Vegas and games like it.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02/15/how-the-outer-worlds-lets-you-play-your-way

Less open usually means less glitchy so let's hope XD

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

unless it’s to include Athena in the main game for BL2

As fun as she was to play as, that wouldn’t really make any sense narratively, since the Vault Hunters considered her an enemy at that point because of the part she played in helping Jack.

But yeah, I don’t see much point in remastering those games. They look like cartoons by design.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I should mention, if anyone wants me to make a map for them, just let me know. I don't know how long it'll take, but I bought that map making program so I might as well us it. I'll probably try and make one for the Fallout RP at some point, though that'll take some playing around with considering its borderless within a pretty large geographic area. Might take some thinking on it to figure out the best way to do it. Though I do think I could put together a local map of Wellstone, maybe. Anyway, the offer is on the table, though no guarantees on how long it'll take

• Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, BTC said:

I should mention, if anyone wants me to make a map for them, just let me know. I don't know how long it'll take, but I bought that map making program so I might as well us it. I'll probably try and make one for the Fallout RP at some point, though that'll take some playing around with considering its borderless within a pretty large geographic area. Might take some thinking on it to figure out the best way to do it. Though I do think I could put together a local map of Wellstone, maybe. Anyway, the offer is on the table, though no guarantees on how long it'll take

I'd definitely like to make one specifically for the part of Skyrim where Kyne's Watch is, and markers for the town itself.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'd definitely like to make one specifically for the part of Skyrim where Kyne's Watch is, and markers for the town itself.

So like a smaller regional map? I could probably manage that. Do you have something to base it off of? For my High Rock map I traced the hand traced version I had, and I’d prefer a map to trace if at all possible

Just now, BTC said:

So like a smaller regional map? I could probably manage that. Do you have something to base it off of? For my High Rock map I traced the hand traced version I had, and I’d prefer a map to trace if at all possible

Let me n Celan talk more on that, as of right now its only really starting to take form around the newly erected town square, and I plan on them putting up walls eventually as well. Might be easier to make one based off of that version.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Let me n Celan talk more on that, as of right now its only really starting to take form around the newly erected town square, and I plan on them putting up walls eventually as well. Might be easier to make one based off of that version.

So like a map of the town’s layout or one of the town and the surrounding area? Or both?

5 minutes ago, BTC said:

So like a map of the town’s layout or one of the town and the surrounding area? Or both?

Both pretty much, though the outer area wouldn't be as detailed. Would include stuff like the area where the forsworn were defeated, trials area, and in the distance, naaf's perch, but the town would have more areas of interest centered inside if that makes sense.

Or, maybe it'd be easier to do the latter, and maybe tackle the town itself once it's done being developed. 

As I was typing this, I started realizing there'd be more to the outer area than I thought, like Volkihar castle and stuff too.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Both pretty much, though the outer area wouldn't be as detailed. Would include stuff like the area where the forsworn were defeated, trials area, and in the distance, naaf's perch, but the town would have more areas of interest centered inside if that makes sense.

Or, maybe it'd be easier to do the latter, and maybe tackle the town itself once it's done being developed. 

As I was typing this, I started realizing there'd be more to the outer area than I thought, like Volkihar castle and stuff too.

I originally thought you meant the outer area, basically place it and some of the other places you've detailed in relation to other known landmarks like Volkihar Castle. I think I could manage that

I'm not sure how much the assets available allow for super detailed cities. I'll have to look at examples other people have made and see if there are other images I can download as well. There probably are. But I'm glad you brought it up that way I can start looking and thinking about it 

Rofl personally I think the more normal recognizable setting is what sold me on it and when shit occasionally got super weird.

Maybe if they made it like an exhibition crew slowly working their way into the depths of the city, and on the way they had normal shit like squatter bandits mixed in with more stranger but still human enemies, and the occasional location that was just all eldritch but not major eldritch shit just yet till you progress. 

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Rofl personally I think the more normal recognizable setting is what sold me on it and when shit occasionally got super weird.

Maybe if they made it like an exhibition crew slowly working their way into the depths of the city, and on the way they had normal shit like squatter bandits mixed in with more stranger but still human enemies, and the occasional location that was just all eldritch but not major eldritch shit just yet till you progress. 

Things were pretty low fantasy till you reached the Darkest Dungeon (were things quickly become full on cosmic horror) so that could work.

• Like 1