Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Y'all trying to work Theu to death XD

Oh god, how many people tried getting him to drink mead on that ship, I feel like the Nords stopped listening to him after it :P

No court mage of Baldur’s is gonna be drinking water at his table ;) get ready to nut up buttercup

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Wouldn’t it be some shit if all this work was for nothing and Theo’s entire line just anticlimactically dies choking on their own guts?

Who becomes next in line? I nominate my boy Lord Bolton Traven.

Hmm, I’m not sure. No more Gaerharts, so it wouldn’t come from that line. Theo has his cousin Manis who is the ambassador to Cyrodiil but he more likely to end up a hostage or Imperial backed claimant than get to High Rock and make a claim.

Honestly, the Traven line is the most connected to the current ruling family, and they would have the support of the Estermonts because of intermarriage there. At the very least, the Travens would take the Adrards’ place as the preeminent power of the four peninsular cities, though you’d likely have reversion to the pre-Theo east and west split, since no one over there has any allegiance to Traven or his family.

Edited by BTC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BTC said:

though you’d likely have reversion to the pre-Theo east and west split, since no one over there has any allegiance to Traven or his family

That’s when Traven sends Lord Estermont to crack some skulls aaaaaand High Rock’s warring with itself again. Go figure.

Best hope this cure works or we’ll probably be sitting out GW2. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s when Traven sends Lord Estermont to crack some skulls aaaaaand High Rock’s warring with itself again. Go figure.

Best hope this cure works or we’ll probably be sitting out GW2. XD 

Theo and his family dying and High Rock’s unity lasting all of a year would be the most Breton thing to happen. 

But like you said, this cure is theoretical, and dealing with Daedra is never goes how one expects. So I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens...

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If you ever encountered a depressed drunk, that's how Theu is. Combine with how poorly he handles his lead is just something he wants to avoid. It's legit be cruel to make him drink XD

We don’t consume lead, that’s those savages down south ;) I assure you we use only the finest spices and honey in our mead.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This could be a fun discussion. What would it take? Let’s say, at the minimum.

A lot, actually. High Rock isn’t exactly in a great position to be sending its soldiers off to foreign lands while the royal family could easily die off. 

12 minutes ago, BTC said:

A lot, actually. High Rock isn’t exactly in a great position to be sending its soldiers off to foreign lands while the royal family could easily die off. 

I was thinking the same, actually. That’s why I asked. The alliance agreement was that they would ban together against the Aldmeri Dominion, and the Empire if it threatened one of them. So I figured that if Baldur hypothetically wanted to get the westerners to attack Cyrodiil with Skyrim, he’d have to either bait the Imperials into attacking first or orchestrate a believable false flag. 

But because of Theodore’s current unique situation, I wonder if it would take even more than that. Like a direct threat to High Rock.

Can’t even begin to speculate on Hammerfell because while they seem more likely than the Bretons to honor their agreement, their current “Prince” is one of the RP’s biggest wild cards.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Okay so if the Bretons are high tailing it, then certainly, the redguards would attack if the Empire threw a garbage can in one of it's deserts! 

If there is one leader in the RP who I’d be least surprised to see this actually happen with, it’s definitely Sain. Like I said, dude’s a wild card. For all we know he’s crazy enough to do it for fun. 

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD no comment lol I was bluffing, though personally I don’t think I’d need to with the altmer south of their border. Not that I even would

Lol I know. I brought this up as a fun hypothetical. I’m curious how Baldur would make this happen in a world where he wants it to. That favor from Naaf could come in handy maybe. 

42 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Lol I know. I brought this up as a fun hypothetical. I’m curious how Baldur would make this happen in a world where he wants it to. That favor from Naaf could come in handy maybe. 

Remeber Dales made Naaf promise whatever favour he does for Baldur, can't harm her Empire in anyway XD  

Then again, I don't think you can exactly trust the word of a sociopathic giant death lizard.