Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And if I recall, in the Floating City, a Orismer legion trooper mentions the reason she joined in the first place was because the Legion acted as a vanguard to protect a bunch of fleeing citizens, sacrificing themselves to protect them. 

Weirdly enough, I had that passage bookmarked:

“You became an Imperial soldier because of her?”

“I became a soldier because of her. I became an Imperial soldier because if it hadn’t been for the Seventh and Fifteenth legions, a lot more of us would have died. They put themselves in harm’s way for us, got the survivors to safety in Skyrim.”

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And if I recall, in the Floating City, a Orismer legion trooper mentions the reason she joined in the first place was because the Legion acted as a vanguard to protect a bunch of fleeing citizens, sacrificing themselves to protect them. 

How’s that go against Celan’s point? If anything that fortifies it. Legion =/= Empire

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Weirdly enough, I had that passage bookmarked:

Reveal hidden contents

“You became an Imperial soldier because of her?”

“I became a soldier because of her. I became an Imperial soldier because if it hadn’t been for the Seventh and Fifteenth legions, a lot more of us would have died. They put themselves in harm’s way for us, got the survivors to safety in Skyrim.”

Legion seemingly does that quite a bit. If I remember from Dragonborn, the reason why General Carius died was because him on the rest of his men refused to leave behind the citizens on Solsthiem and died trying to save them from the diaster.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Legion seemingly does that quite a bit. If I remember from Dragonborn, the reason why General Carius died was because him on the rest of his men refused to leave behind the citizens on Solsthiem and died trying to save them from the diaster.

Against the Empire’s orders, I might add. Same thing happened in Hammerfell when the Generals left behind a lot of soldiers to help the Redguards when White Gold recalled them to Cyrodiil.

At the end of the day, the institution of the Empire is all about Cyrodiil. Credit to the Legionnaires who defy their masters to go against that.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BTW quick lore question, it's seems most people (from what i've looked up) are divided over the Bosmer language. Whether it's it's own thing, or a variant/dialect of Ayleidoon, for the sake of the RP what do you people think it is? 

To be honest, I know literally nothing about the Bosmer language or if they even have their own in modern times. It’s possible that so many centuries speaking common tongue under the Empire and Thalmor have killed their older languages.

But if you go back far enough to a time when they would’ve probably had their own, it wouldn’t likely have been a variant of Ayleidoon. The Ayleids migrated to Cyrodiil from the Summerset Isles, and only really mixed with Valenwood in a substantial way in the 1st Era when the humans had them on the run.

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

for the sake of the RP what do you people think it is? 

For the sake of the RP, I imagine we can say that the vast majority of them speak common. The Bosmer have a weird “hive-spirit but not really” thing going on with the Silvenar and all that. They’re still individuals with more freewill than Argonians under the Hist, but it seems like the natives of Valenwood overwhelmingly trend in the same direction. To the point where a single person can be used to represent the state of their race.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

For the sake of the RP, I imagine we can say that the vast majority of them speak common. The Bosmer have a weird “hive-spirit but not really” thing going on with the Silvenar and all that. They’re still individuals with more freewill than Argonians under the Hist, but it seems like the natives of Valenwood overwhelmingly trend in the same direction. To the point where a single person can be used to represent the state of their race.

Gotcha, thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Centurion said:

I vaguely remember Doc mentioning that he had plans for Morrowind in the RP, but I can’t find anything on so, I’m asking, you Doc? Whatchu got goin on or had going on? Lol

Doing something with them in chapter 4. Right now it’s nothing huge, but depending on how the rest of the RP gets on with it, I’ll probably take it further.

• Like 2

I'll admit, I am still not totally content with my part in this newest post. There was so much that got cut. But it wasn't really fair to hold up Czar for as long as I had, so I've gone ahead and wrapped up what I was comfortable with including and posted it. Theudofrid is finally free. XD 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I'll admit, I am still not really content with my part in this newest post. There was so much that got cut. But it wasn't really fair to hold up Czar for as long as I had, so I've gone ahead and wrapped up what I was comfortable with including and posted it. Theudofrid is finally free. XD 

I don't think it's as bad as the time you made me wait literally eight months for that Solsthiem post XD The best part of the RP is how we can act like slugs and sloths, it's enjoyably slow paced. 

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't think it's as bad as the time you made me wait literally eight months for that Solsthiem post XD The best part of the RP is how we can act like slugs and sloths, it's enjoyably slow paced. 

Don’t bring that up. It'll remind BT of how long I took with his Soltheim post. XD Something about that island, man. Though honestly, everyone here can roast me for taking long at some point or another. Especially Witch and BT.

At least we’re still going strong. 

38 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Don’t bring that up. It'll remind BT of how long I took with his Soltheim post. XD Something about that island, man. Though honestly, everyone here can roast me for taking long at some point or another. Especially Witch and BT.

At least we’re still going strong. 

Better going slow and strong than not at all. 

Though it wasn’t even the Solsethiem post with me that was real long, but one with the Tynes. I’m so busy nowadays I totally feel how you did back then. My pace this semester has already slowed down considerably I feel

• Like 1

In seeing the new post I realized I never got around to reading Centurion's and lol, after our discussion about the fox and snake, who knows how that conversation with them will go XD I like it tho, especially the beginning with A B C's for barbarians :rofl: A book probably intended for Ragna slipped into the pile lol. That's what he'll go with.

As for the actual new post, I've missed Endar a lot and Theu too... but poor Rebec's gonna be overloaded with the three of them all in a room together XD I'm excited to begin that post for certain and seeing Endar's reactions to the crazy rumors and such was fun. I can imagine how insane it all sounds to an elven outsider. Nord nonsense and such. Plus, that ending statement lol.

And poor Theu lol it's nice to hear about the challenges of his task in preaching the good word and seeing how well, or not, that's going. Funny that people in Skyrim seem to think the dragon is Baldur's, rather than thinking of it as Dales and it being a reminder of their relationship, which is what I thought would happen, even be a point of critique, but it makes sense in hindsight with what happened at the moot and people seeing Paarthurnax in the sky.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

I'm excited to begin that post for certain and seeing Endar's reactions to the crazy rumors and such was fun. I can imagine how insane it all sounds to an elven outsider. Nord nonsense and such. Plus, that ending statement lol.

I reckon it would all sound pretty insane to a Nord of Skyrim too. XD See Boldir and Rebec’s reactions to some of it. Endar was probably less thrown off than anyone so far given that he’s witnessed so many equally crazy things throughout his life. 

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Funny that people in Skyrim seem to think the dragon is Baldur's, rather than thinking of it as Dales and it being a reminder of their relationship,

His preference for hanging out on the mountain next door to Baldur’s town definitely helps give that impression.

It's great to see Endar again, and more of Theudofrid!

Not as many answers as I was hoping for about the lexicon or what exactly Endar has learned. And I was hoping Theudofrid would have a conversation with Endar at some point, or at least Ilorwe. Even if it was antagonistic I think it would've been really interesting. 

But I really like learning a little more about the Druids' attempts to convert the Nords back to the old religious ways, even if it isn't totally working how the Druids expected. And any indication that Endar cares about people besides himself, like saying Elara's name in his sleep, is always great. I'm looking forward to the possibility he realizes he has *feelings* and what he'll think of that. 

And I'm really excited about this meeting between the Nords and Endar, not least of all because of the possibility Endar runs into Boldir and/or Mila. That would be a very interesting reunion. Good job guys!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

Not as many answers as I was hoping for about the lexicon or what exactly Endar has learned. And I was hoping Theudofrid would have a conversation with Endar at some point, or at least Ilorwe. Even if it was antagonistic I think it would've been really interesting. 

But I really like learning a little more about the Druids' attempts to convert the Nords back to the old religious ways, even if it isn't totally working how the Druids expected. And any indication that Endar cares about people besides himself, like saying Elara's name in his sleep, is always great. I'm looking forward to the possibility he realizes he has *feelings* and what he'll think of that. 

And I'm really excited about this meeting between the Nords and Endar, not least of all because of the possibility Endar runs into Boldir and/or Mila. That would be a very interesting reunion. Good job guys!

Me and Doc were debating that, having Theudofrid interact with either or. But we just couldn't think of anything besides fluff. Theu is too naturally good natured to be instantly rude to the two elves, at least in this peaceful setting. And Doc couldn't think of a reason Endar would want to talk with him.

17 minutes ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

Not as many answers as I was hoping for about the lexicon or what exactly Endar has learned. 

Like I said, a lot was cut, including two more journal entries that didn’t get used because I felt like they were too revealing. And I considered continuing with Illorwe’s POV after the lexicon instead of Endar’s to for the same reason, but hers would be way less entertaining to read, I think.

I figured a travel post would be a good chance to show what effect the lexicon’s knowledge was having on Endar, but would rather save the contents for when they’re being implemented. There have been a few hints throughout these last couple posts though.

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

And any indication that Endar cares about people besides himself, like saying Elara's name in his sleep, is always great. I'm looking forward to the possibility he realizes he has *feelings* and what he'll think of that. 

Preposterous! It was a meaningless and involuntary happening!

To Czar’s part, the Druids have slowly gone from friendly looking holy men to a really creepy cabal of backwater elites who seem to tell each other everything and are fairly good at exerting influence. They’re like some kind of Roscrean Illuminati, pretending to just be the church. XD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

Like I said, a lot was cut, including two more journal entries that didn’t get used because I felt like they were too revealing. And I considered continuing with Illorwe’s POV after the lexicon instead of Endar’s to for the same reason, but hers would be way less entertaining to read, I think.

I figured a travel post would be a good chance to show what effect the lexicon’s knowledge was having on Endar, but would rather save the contents for when they’re being implemented. There have been a few hints throughout these last couple posts though.

Preposterous! It was a meaningless and involuntary happening!

To Czar’s part, the Druids have slowly gone from friendly looking holy men to a really creepy cabal of backwater elites who seem to tell each other everything and are fairly good at exerting influence. They’re like some kind of Roscrean Illuminati, pretending to just be the church. XD

Theres meant to be some sinister, if not at least for a decent purpose, among the highest Druidic hierarchy. The Archdruids. All below them are just good ol wise men, what little they know.

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

So basically the Medieval Catholic Church. Hell, convincing Roscreans to go fight for Tamriel is basically their version of the crusades

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Theres meant to be some sinister, if not at least for a decent purpose,

Sounds just like something the Illuminati would say.

They’re even obsessed with Jhunal, whose totem is an owl. And why do you think they immediately started mingling with High Rock? They have the banks! Open your eyes, people! 

• Haha 2