Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #34

Snow Whales  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where are they?

• Hibernating under snow/in glaciers
    • REALLY high up
    • The Waters of Oblivion
    • In my futile hopes and dreams

One thing I despise is the flanderization of the Empire. Stormtroopers used to be this feared SS like branch of the Empire that was the most elite of their galactic spanning armies. But according to more modern cannon they can barely see out of their helmets and are dispatched by everyone. As stupid as I consider the battle of Endor, at least I can understand how severe blunt force trauma of getting twenty pound stone crashed against your head and chest can at the least incapacitate you.

Or how Grand Moff Tarkin used to be a sophisticated, and twisted but very disciplined officer, think like an old school Prussian general. But new cannon has him daydreaming about showing off his scars and wanting to knife his officers.

When the Empire was competent, serious and dangerous, it made them a huge threat. Something that builds tension and relief when they come crashing down.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Don't know what that is, and I don't wanna know :P

But if it's recent, then I'm sadly not surprised. After all he did (in my opinion) fuck up with Samurai Jack's new season's storytelling half way through.

Hollywood's latest attempt at ruining Gothic Horror 

• Sad 1

The 2003 series sucked. The 2008 series is far superior and I like the 3D style. Grevious was always supposed to be a coward. In the 03 serious the reason he was so “badass” was because Fartovsky was given a concept art design and a general noncomplete overview of the character. Lucas didn’t want another Vader which is was the 03 series produced. The 2008 series was the true representation of his character. Just because it’s older doesn’t mean it’s better imo. Ahsoka wasn’t anyones favorite until later. She was literally 14 when she was introduced so yes she was whiny and immature then she grew and is one of my all time favorites now. 

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

The 2003 series sucked. The 2008 series is far superior and I like the 3D style. Grevious was always supposed to be a coward. In the 03 serious the reason he was so “badass” was because Fartovsky was given a concept art design and a general noncomplete overview of the character. Lucas didn’t want another Vader which is was the 03 series produced. The 2008 series was the true representation of his character. Just because it’s older doesn’t mean it’s better imo. Ahsoka wasn’t anyones favorite until later. She was literally 14 when she was introduced so yes she was whiny and immature then she grew and is one of my all time favorites now. 

The true red pill. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The 2003 series is all style, no substance. It barely has any writing in it. 

The 2008 series has no style and shit substance. 

I’ll take the one with style. B|

Idk where you got the notion that 2008 had shit substance but that’s on you.

2003’s style can be found under the category “damn near unwatchable”

11 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I could write a big ass text wall that's super biased as I love Tartakovsky's earlier work, but it's all just subjective.

Agree to disagree really :P

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Yyq4rvyNnKws1EWZyNDfhLX4FkfLcgA7gXBF1p-G

CvJ2xgMUAAAboZD.jpg

zXQilNkdRMIMRMHWfRCLp-K7yqMlcVp6cYvG9M5q

Nah yah guys are wrong. 2008 had so many gorgeous shots. 

Aren't all of those from it's continuation a few years ago?

Set pieces looked really good in it's later seasons, but the character models...not so much.

Umbar was one of my favorite arcs, mostly for the warfare and alienness of the planet.

I can’t stand 2D super flashy disgustingness with 0 substance what so ever with Clone joust troopers and yoda riding hairy yoshi. It is beyond anything the sequels that shall not be named ever did. I wish I could back the time I wasted watching Fartatovshit’s miniseries

• Haha 1