Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #34

Snow Whales  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where are they?

• Hibernating under snow/in glaciers
    • REALLY high up
    • The Waters of Oblivion
    • In my futile hopes and dreams

Apparently Sony is planning to release TEN new live service games by March 2023 to combat XBOX XD As if we needed anymore of this shit. Kinda funny DLC did not bring the gaming industry to it's knees like people said it would, but this new live service model I can clearly see doing it once people grow sick enough of it.  

If you guys haven't you should really watch, Nosferatu the Vampyre. 

Nosferatu-the-Vampyre-Werner-Herzog-1979

It's a remake of Nosferatu  (and it's directed by Werner Herzog, aka the Client from the Mandalorian and the savior of Baby Grogu :rofl:), and an attempt to meld it more seamlessly with the original Dracula. I was expecting a snooze fest, but it's actually damn good, a rare remake that can stand with the Original. The set, costume, and authencity are superb, but the real star of the show is the Gothic atmosphere. It's fantastic. 

gnyFZV2.jpg

e5232b9a5740a059b893b5764cf8a599.png

9967_5.jpg

Dracula the Lord of Rats is portrayed as utterly inhuman, but he has a layer of tragedy and he's a fantastic villain.  Whole movie is a treat. I prefer it over the Francis Coppola version of Dracula (though I still greatly admire it). Shudder is a great service XD

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If you guys haven't you should really watch, Nosferatu the Vampyre. 

Nosferatu-the-Vampyre-Werner-Herzog-1979

It's a remake of Nosferatu  (and it's directed by Werner Herzog, aka the Client from the Mandalorian and the savior of Baby Grogu :rofl:), and an attempt to meld it more seamlessly with the original Dracula. I was expecting a snooze fest, but it's actually damn good, a rare remake that can stand with the Original. The set, costume, and authencity are superb, but the real star of the show is the Gothic atmosphere. It's fantastic. 

gnyFZV2.jpg

e5232b9a5740a059b893b5764cf8a599.png

9967_5.jpg

Dracula the Lord of Rats is portrayed as utterly inhuman, but he has a layer of tragedy and he's a fantastic villain.  Whole movie is a treat. I prefer it over the Francis Coppola version of Dracula (though I still greatly admire it). Shudder is a great service XD

Is it on Netflix?

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Welp, my daughters hip sockets are under developed and she has to get check ups every 6 months with possible surgery when she’s 3. This will be the second time I’ve reenlisted for her sake. She don’t know it yet, but she fucking owes me big time

Broooooo, fucking hell man. Best wishes for your daughter. 

Hope we don't get dragged into anything major. I recall you used to be so pumped for going to war when you first joined, I reckon that changed :rofl:

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Broooooo, fucking hell man. Best wishes for your daughter. 

Hope we don't get dragged into anything major. I recall you used to be so pumped for going to war when you first joined, I reckon that changed :rofl:

Now I’m just a salty boy. And I’m not pumped anymore because the army has gotten so fucking weak in the last 4 years

Fuck:dntknw:

12 hours ago, Centurion said:

Now I’m just a salty boy. And I’m not pumped anymore because the army has gotten so fucking weak in the last 4 years

I’m curious, have you considered looking to get into any other lines of work for this? I know the Army comes with lots of benefits for this type of thing, but there is a super high demand right now for workers of any kind. It’s basically the best time in our lives to negotiate the terms for a job.

I just helped a guy get a solid job with decent pay, full benefits, and insurance. He had no experience at all with this sort of work, but his Army background basically guaranteed him the position. Considering how well you’ve done these last few years, I bet you’d rise pretty quickly in most jobs you take.

• Like 1

You could always become a soldier of fortune XD One of my schoolmates served in the Canadian army for awhile, and he was telling me those security contractors want to eat up young, ex-army folks, and he really easily got a job from one of those firms after, he left. Really good pay, according to him. 

10 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m curious, have you considered looking to get into any other lines of work for this? I know the Army comes with lots of benefits for this type of thing, but there is a super high demand right now for workers of any kind. It’s basically the best time in our lives to negotiate the terms for a job.

I just helped a guy get a solid job with decent pay, full benefits, and insurance. He had no experience at all with this sort of work, but his Army background basically guaranteed him the position. Considering how well you’ve done these last few years, I bet you’d rise pretty quickly in most jobs you take.

When I get out I want to go to trade school for either HVAC, Electrician, or plumber but the reason I’m going to reenlist is because if I get out and go to school and try to buy a house and move my family and everything else that comes with getting out we aren’t gonna have the money for the surgery because it will all happen in the same year

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You could always become a soldier of fortune XD One of my schoolmates served in the Canadian army for awhile, and he was telling me those security contractors want to eat up young, ex-army folks, and he really easily got a job from one of those firms after, he left. Really good pay, according to him. 

I was gonna do that when I was single, it’s not a feasible job with a family. 6 months on 6 months off over seas, six figures, high high possibility of death.

Apparently, Universal Studios sent a memo to the team working on Dracula (1931) explicitly saying Dracula wasn't allowed to kill and feed on dudes, due to the gay panic and the "possibility" of people viewing it as subtext. XD

This is from the same work, in the book, that has Dracula pimp-slap his "brides" to get away from Harker cause "he belongs to him and him alone"  XD

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

One thing I love about the OG Clone Wars cartoon, was it actually showed the Jedi sometimes wear armor. Obi wan and that one horned dude rocking that robed clone armor looks sick.

Why would Jedi bother with body armor when plain Jane destroyer droids can casually be equipped with OP bubble shields? You’d think they’d just start carrying those instead.

That’d be kinda cool, actually. Jedi with bubble shields. Similar to Dune.