Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

NEW DETAILS ABOUT KENOBI! 

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-series-disney-plus-footage-description-sizzle-darth-vader-rematch/

"Concept art shows a Jedi, lightsaber blade ignited, defending a trio of Younglings as the newly-anointed Darth Vader marches on the Jedi Temple with a legion of Clone Troopers. "He has this one task left," McGregor said of his exiled Jedi, "which is to keep Luke safe."

More concept art shows a stingray-like creature floating above slave workers toiling away in the barren, sandy landscape of Tatooine. "We start on Tatooine, and we go on a rollicking adventure," McGregor teased over a glimpse at a watery planet, where armed soldiers fire upon a many-armed sea creature.

"We couldn't tell the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi without addressing Anakin or Vader," Chow added over an image of the armored Vader seated on a throne as he communicates with a hologram — possibly his master, the reigning Emperor of the Galactic Empire.

Seem's like Vader's massacre of the Jedi temple is going to be shown in full. 

I would've made two of them fight in phase one, then you fight the oversoul in phase two and three.

Wulfharth and Zurin Arctus fight you on the first, then when they die, their souls escape you and are pulled in by Hjalti, and his third phase has him turning into a dragon.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@Centurion The Visual Dictionary for Rise of Skywalker was released. And it has...a really cool piece of concept art, that didn't make it into the movie because of Disney probably. 

You can see them right? 

1WYSkORQCJOHQ0PMk4hS1SXaV8YmzBAkaP4j0-Ns

Sorry man, I don’t much care because I don’t recognize the sequels as actual Star Wars. Those characters were always real to me and I don’t need no mouse to confirm it lol. Fuck the sequels. 

not related, but kinda, I don’t own a single copy of the movie that shall not be named and I do own TFA and RoS only because they were gifted to me, but when I get back stateside I’m using them as target practice lol

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Sorry man, I don’t much care because I don’t recognize the sequels as actual Star Wars. Those characters were always real to me and I don’t need no mouse to confirm it lol. Fuck the sequels. 

not related, but kinda, I don’t own a single copy of the movie that shall not be named and I do own TFA and RoS only because they were gifted to me, but when I get back stateside I’m using them as target practice lol

I can still appreciate cool art direction, the Sith homeworld was dripping with it. XD I think it'd been awesome to see ancient Sith Lords as murals on the planet. 

20 minutes ago, Centurion said:

The only sith homeworld I know of is Korriban.

And the last of the Sith died screaming as he got yeeted down a chute by the Chosen One and exploded. Twice. 

And Luke went on to rebuild the Jedi the right way.

/saga

Oh, and some Mandalorian ran around afterwards doing cool shit. That happened too. XD 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is the Luke I know. The Jedi Master whose willing to enter hell and carve his way through death bots to protect a child who needs his help. Not some cynical hermit drinking alien milk. I was crying when he showed up honestly. 

It's multilayered.

On one hand; he's an terrifying force of nature in combat. Whereas auntie Soka is a stealthy Ronin, he's full on Black Knight. He was channeling his father in that scene, freely carving his way like some kind of monster, and using borderline darkside powers like Force Choke and Force Crush. And the image of him wearing all black and hooded made him the spitting image of his father. He was unleashing his full power and it was terrifying to behold.  Including flirting with the darkside and being able to control it. 

original.gif

And the other...as soon as he takes off his hood, and you see him kindly smile. You know he's the same kind hearted farmboyhe was back on Tatooine. He treats both Grogu and Din with respect, empathy, and kindness, comforting both of them when they depart and giving them all the time they need to say goodbye. He isn't like this stoic fuckheads. 

43fqatw1exw11.jpg

ae7w22dui248.jpeg

The old Jedi Order tried to bury things like empathy down the hole in a misguided attempt to avoid attachment. Luke? He's as kind he ever was. A true Jedi Knight. 

That scene where Grogu is reaching for him, and he picks him. Man. 

• Like 2

More of the Empire being unable to hit the broad side of a planet, yay.

Overall decent episode but I wish Moff Gideon was better used, I'm really disappointed how easily his flagship was taken and how he was defeated. Granted Gideon is probably much older than Mando. 

Seeing Luke made me do a double take, not for him being there, I already thought he'd show up; but because of how young he was. I thought the series took place many years after the second Death Star blew up. I must have misremembered.

• Like 1