Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Really?

Hide contents

Him just doing what he always does, not learning from any of it and just going on his endless war rampage was satisfying? I found that depressing as hell.

I don’t know what I expected with billy but he never truly faces what he did or acknowledges it with Frank, though tbh the way he put him down was awesome. 

Still it almost felt rushed at the end to me.

Don’t look doc

He finally has closure on his families deaths, he worked through it and finally put down the last man holding that tie. He learned to care about someone again with Amy and he truly accepted his vigilante life as his purpose.

hes no longer doing it now out of rage or a desire to get revenge. He’s doing it to stop innocents from getting getting caught in the crossfire of criminals and gang wars. That is what’s satisfying to me. 

Fuck:dntknw:

I guess I didn’t get all that.

for me he already had closure, he just fixed his mistake which was letting billy live.

And he let himself care for someone again but instead of taking that and saying “hey I can move on” he believes being a vigilante is his purpose, even though he almost killed three women in doing that.

Yea that was a setup and he didn’t actually but he sure as hell could’ve, easily. 

It just doesn’t feel like he grew from any of this for me. But I guess that’s probably realistic.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I guess I didn’t get all that.

Hide contents

for me he already had closure, he just fixed his mistake which was letting billy live.

And he let himself care for someone again but instead of taking that and saying “hey I can move on” he believes being a vigilante is his purpose, even though he almost killed three women in doing that.

Yea that was a setup and he didn’t actually but he sure as hell could’ve, easily. 

It just doesn’t feel like he grew from any of this for me. But I guess that’s probably realistic.

different backgrounds and points of view on life and purposes see different things from stories. That’s just what I got from it. I feel like Amy was his growing point. He truly cared about her by the end of the story and her and her struggles changed him. He learned from her and she learned from him. That’s what I got

Learned what tho? If they learned something it should be reflected in the story somehow. He cared for her but doesn’t let anyone stay in his life. She’s shipped off and he goes back to killing. Never calls up bitch from Michigan or wherever the fuck they were lol... it’s just business as usual.

Hes accepted that it’s what he is and that’s that. 

If that’s what he learned from all this, it’s kinda sad. 

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Learned what tho? If they learned something it should be reflected in the story somehow. He cared for her but doesn’t let anyone stay in his life. She’s shipped off and he goes back to killing. Never calls up bitch from Michigan or wherever the fuck they were lol... it’s just business as usual.

Hes accepted that it’s what he is and that’s that. 

If that’s what he learned from all this, it’s kinda sad. 

Beth wasn’t his learning point. Amy was and he sent her to Florida so she could get away from the danger and do what she wanted to do with her life. She’s 16. If anyone is truly going to settle Frank Castle it will be Karen. But that’s not the Franks story.

Thats what he decided his purpose is now. Before it was revenge, now it’s his duty. That’s the change. He continues to take down criminals so innocents don’t get caught up in it and experience what he has experienced, instead of trying to avenge his life.

The Punisher isn’t a story that has an ending where he says “Ok I’m done” and throws down his guns. He tried that and his family was murdered in front of him. He can’t let that happen to him again because it would break him and there would no longer be an honorable Frank Castle.

Punisher spoilers

Man fuuuuck Madani. Trigger happy bitch just enters a house without a warrant, shoots a detective by mistake, and then has the nerve to trash talk? Not even an “I’m sorry,” she just immediately blamed him, treated him like a pussy for saying it hurt, and threatened his reputation.

She is legit the worst fictional cop I can think of. I feel like we’re supposed to like her, but she has virtually no redeeming qualities and constantly acts like she’s hot shit even though she fails hard at everything she does.

You don't need a warrant to enter a house if you have reason to believe someone might be hurt, especially since she's not just nypd like that dude, she's Homeland Security. Best believe they'll barge into your home with only an inkling of suspicion. She had reason to believe Billy was gonna murder that dude and he sure did lol.

That guy getting shot was 100 percent on him, he came to snoop on her. Didn't announce his presence or anything. 

And yea he is a total pussy XD Not to mention annoying as fuck and completely dense. If anyone's a shitty cop its him.

I honestly don't get the hate for her, she does okay for the most part, she's just usually well out of her league, and she got pretty unlucky with who she banged and who he happened to be.

She was acting against direct orders. If she wanted to do things legally, it would’ve been as easy as telling literally anyone what was on her mind. She got lucky that the guy was dead, weirdly enough.

I can’t put it 100% on the detective when she opened fire on him without even looking. And that dude stood up like ten seconds after taking two rounds in his vest. Maybe things change but right now she ain’t a pussy.

I don’t even particularly like the guy, but at least this investigation is actually his to be running. And he’d be doing a better job if she wasn’t intentionally keeping everything she can from him just to alleviate her guilt over fucking up so bad in season 1. Far as I can tell, the dude is just a moderately competent detective, and if she’d told him her suspicions when he came to her door, he could’ve dispatched officers to the house and possibly stopped Russo then and there.

My dislike for Madani comes from the fact that she is an unlikable fuckup who hogs way too much screentime from a cast of characters that’s otherwise fun to watch. 

Except maybe the Daredevil characters from season 1. I’d be fine if they stayed out of it too.

Agreed on Russo. I still don't get the Madani hate, she doesn't trust this hard headed nigga because he's been off the ball since season 1 when he was so convinced Frank was a terrorist despite knowing his profile and following him for years. I wouldn't trust his instincts to try and stop someone like Billy either. 

And plus, it was a tip she got from Frank, who she can't tell about. Certainly not to that douche who would be too busy questioning her about Frank to likely react in time. 

He got shot because he snuck up on an investigator and she was on a crime scene. That's his dumb ass fault. It was reactionary as far as I'm concerned.

In fact she was already operating out of the bounds of legality ages ago when they covered up Franks existence and when she brought him to New York to help with Billy. Fuck legality at this point lol. Are you really that hung up over her entering a house without a warrant when chasing friggin Billy of all people?

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

In fact she was already operating out of the bounds of legality ages ago when they covered up Franks existence and when she brought him to New York to help with Billy. Fuck legality at this point lol. Are you really that hung up over her entering a house without a warrant when chasing friggin Billy of all people?

No. I’m more hung up over her sabotaging he investigation for personal reasons even though she has not done a single thing so far to indicate she’s competent enough to handle it herself.

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I wouldn't trust his instincts to try and stop someone like Billy either. 

Frankly (lol) I wouldn’t trust any individual to go after Russo besides the Punisher himself. But if it’s between loose cannon, emotionally unstable Madani and the entire NYPD, I’d put more faith in the latter.

Even after she called in the one guy who can take on Russo, she got like one tip from him and then restricted him from helping further because she just has to get her revenge. As if she’s the only one Billy has wronged or would stand an ounce of a chance against him.

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

No. I’m more hung up over her sabotaging he investigation for personal reasons even though she has not done a single thing so far to indicate she’s competent enough to handle it herself.

Sabotaging, that nigga wouldn’t have gotten within ten miles of Billy without being killed if not for Madani involving Frank, and Madani herself. Trust me.

This guy is just dense, he couldn’t investigate his way out of a paper bag.

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Frankly (lol) I wouldn’t trust any individual to go after Russo besides the Punisher himself. But if it’s between loose cannon, emotionally unstable Madani and the entire NYPD, I’d put more faith in the latter.

Even after she called in the one guy who can take on Russo, she got like one tip from him and then restricted him from helping further because she just has to get her revenge. As if she’s the only one Billy has wronged or would stand an ounce of a chance against him.

I’m not saying she’s perfect but sadly, her instincts are indeed better than all of the nypd. 

all they manage to ever do is get in the way, spoiler alert lol. 

I also think she’s at least partially right about being wary of involving Frank. If you think she’s a loose cannon.. well XD 

Anyway keep watching.

Besides, she didn’t stop Frank from getting involved bcuz teh revenges, she did so because she was afraid of what else came along with Frank I.E. this business with the priest which is a whole other world of shit that gets thrown into New York on her doorstep. Along with the fact that Frank is not exactly subtle in how he operates. 

Youll see, shit gets craY and out of hand Very quickly.

Hide contents

Sabotaging, that nigga wouldn’t have gotten within ten miles of Billy without being killed if not for Madani involving Frank, and Madani herself. Trust me.

I can’t speak for later in the season, but if they’d just dispatched a bunch of cops thirty minutes earlier (as I’m assuming it would’ve taken her at least that long to reach the dude’s house from the middle of NYC), they’d have had a pretty decent shot at catching Russo before he could’ve even killed that guy. Let alone got away. He is super recognizable, not at full strength, and where I’m at he doesn’t even have any firearms. How far could he get?

Sure, she’d have to come clean about getting Frank involved again, but so? Does she want Russo caught or does she want to do it herself?

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This guy is just dense, he couldn’t investigate his way out of a paper bag.

Only because Madani would get involved and end up lighting the bag on fire. XD 

If she came clean about Frank on the off chance that they “might” catch Russo, she’d have fucked Homeland and everyone involved with the coverup by admitting she was complacent and aware he was alive, AND taken her best piece off the board for good, which she admittedly attempts to do herself but this is far more permanent. They’d also be divided on their attention and time because that idiot is even more dead set on catching Frank than he is Billy.

That would’ve been very much the wrong move.

At least he’d be out the bag XD 

Shes not badass enough to handle things alone like Frank (actually neither is he)and I rolled my eyes super hard at one point when the writers make it very obvious they want us to like her but I don’t think her instincts are bad at all, her only blind side was Billy but to be fair he was Franks blind side as well.

Hide contents

If she came clean about Frank on the off chance that they “might” catch Russo, she’d have fucked Homeland and everyone involved with the coverup by admitting she was complacent and aware he was alive, AND taken her best piece off the board for good, which she admittedly attempts to do herself but this is far more permanent. They’d also be divided on their attention and time because that idiot is even more dead set on catching Frank than he is Billy.

That would’ve been very much the wrong move.

Telling him about Frank then and there would’ve been the wrong move. Telling him that she is going to investigate the old man’s house right at that moment and that she suspects Russo is going after him wouldn’t have been. It very likely would’ve saved the old dude’s life and gotten Russo caught.

She was under no obligation to tell him how she knew in that moment. And his options would’ve been to either follow her like he did anyway, or dispatch units to get there sooner. The latter very likely could have cut the story short.