Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

All the Lemmiwinks songs are a thousand times funnier when you realize they straight up ripped them off from that animated The Hobbit movie from the 70s. XD 

Hide contents

Fully aware, grew up on that movie XD The elves used to scare me when I was super little. 

• Like 1

You know its some serious shit when they break out the Alice in Chains.

Anyway, I think the second Punisher seasons actually better in a lot of ways, though the thing that gets Castle back into the shit seems unnecessary in comparison to the conflict with Billy.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Anyway, I think the second Punisher seasons actually better in a lot of ways, though the thing that gets Castle back into the shit seems unnecessary in comparison to the conflict with Billy.

I just finished the first episode and really liked it.

Though the focus at the end going back to Shit Cop and Glass Face kinda just had me like meh. That dude’s beaten. Right now I’m much more interested in whatever’s going on with this girl and the people who are after her. 

It’s also a little hard to take him seriously with that mask. XD I know it’s based on a comic but the rest of the show feels so much more grounded that seeing an obvious comic villain, mask and all, kinda takes me out of it a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I just finished the first episode and really liked it.

Hide contents

Though the focus at the end going back to Shit Cop and Glass Face kinda just had me like meh. That dude’s beaten. Right now I’m much more interested in whatever’s going on with this girl and the people who are after her. 

It’s also a little hard to take him seriously with that mask. XD I know it’s based on a comic but the rest of the show feels so much more grounded that seeing an obvious comic villain, mask and all, kinda takes me out of it a bit. 

I had that same reaction but trust me, that'll change eventually, maybe four or five episodes in. 

I think its because eventually they switch locations and I honestly think they shouldn't have. You'll see what I mean.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for the mask, its not too prevalent. His actual face honestly doesn't even look that bad.

That makes it even weirder. Like it’s only in the show at all so the comic crowd can recognize it. XD I’m glad it’s not prevalent.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think its because eventually they switch locations and I honestly think they shouldn't have. You'll see what I mean.

That’s a shame. I’m really digging the “on the road” western countryside feel so far. It’s a nice chance of pace from the city stuff of last season.

That bar fight was awesome. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That makes it even weirder. Like it’s only in the show at all so the comic crowd can recognize it. XD I’m glad it’s not prevalent.

That’s a shame. I’m really digging the “on the road” western countryside feel so far. It’s a nice chance of pace from the city stuff of last season.

Hide contents

That bar fight was awesome. 

Not that prevalent, lol ;) Kinda like Frank's skull really. Though I love when he breaks that out. Mask, meh. But it gets the point across that he's deranged and it is creepy to me.

I was too, and the woman though at least I can stop hearing that awful music, lol. Hopefully he finds her and makes up.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not that prevalent, lol ;) Kinda like Frank's skull really. Though I love when he breaks that out. Mask, meh. But it gets the point across that he's deranged and it is creepy to me.

The skull doesn’t bother me as much. It’s kinda comicy but at the same time, not so over the top that it feels like something a crazy killer trying to intimidate people wouldn’t do.

The mask, like, who even made that? XD Was he painting those cracks and shit in his hospital bed? Or did he call up his people like “yo, I need a scary mask to wear in the hospital before I go to prison. Get on it.”

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The skull doesn’t bother me as much. It’s kinda comicy but at the same time, not so over the top that it feels like something a crazy killer trying to intimidate people wouldn’t do.

The mask, like, who even made that? XD Was he painting those cracks and shit in his hospital bed? Or did he call up his people like “yo, I need a scary mask to wear in the hospital before I go to prison. Get on it.”

It'll actually make a lot of sense when you keep watching. It's why I'm not ragging on it. I thought the same thing at first but it makes a lot of sense later on when you realize where it came from.

And I think I gotta take back what I said, first season was still better, more put together but this still had some good storytelling and was pretty fucked up. Definitely darker than the first season, but the first season was for me a funner watch.

Anyway, I still liked it a lot though. But the ending was kinda unsatisfying.

I’m only 2/3 through episode 2 so I’m far from being able to say much, but I’m loving it so far.

The only thing I don’t like is when it cuts back to the city. I’m sorry, but I just don’t give a crap about Shit Cop at all. Glass Face is better, but I’d still much rather just follow Castle like in the first episode. 

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Idk what you are talking about lol the ending was satisfying as fuck for me

Really?

Him just doing what he always does, not learning from any of it and just going on his endless war rampage was satisfying? I found that depressing as hell.

I don’t know what I expected with billy but he never truly faces what he did or acknowledges it with Frank, though tbh the way he put him down was awesome. 

Still it almost felt rushed at the end to me.

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Yeah I hate Midana too, but she’s pretty much an integral part now so I guess we’ll have to get used to her

Honestly, I actually like her at times, but:

they should’ve had the balls to let her die. Come on she gets shot in the head and billy fails to choke her to death? Bullshit

then there’s that bitch riding her clit. Suuuper forced.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m only 2/3 through episode 2 so I’m far from being able to say much, but I’m loving it so far.

The only thing I don’t like is when it cuts back to the city. I’m sorry, but I just don’t give a crap about Shit Cop at all. Glass Face is better, but I’d still much rather just follow Castle like in the first episode. 

Spoiler but 

theyre setting you up for his return to New York 

13 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Yeah I hate Midana too, but she’s pretty much an integral part now so I guess we’ll have to get used to her

Ugh. It’s just such a contrast. XD Like every scene Castle and the girl are in is so good. Lots of mystery, fun character interactions, badass action. Then we cut back to her and it’s just another ten minutes of the exact same shit that made her scenes boring in the first season. She just stands around and mopes about how badly she sucks.