Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

I guarantee he’d be more interested in where she got the tip from. Like I said the guy is an idiot. 

Besides, she didn’t know if Billy would actually show up there, was already there and left, etc. All Frank said was there was a chance he’d show up there, and maybe hurt the guy.

You can’t call down all of the NYPD on a hunch like that. If she went there and Billy was there, then she could call for backup or tip the guy off. That’s how police typically operate. 

You don’t call in something like that unless you know without a shadow of a doubt he’ll Be there and she did not.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

At least he’d be out the bag XD 

Reveal hidden contents

Shes not badass enough to handle things alone like Frank (actually neither is he)and I rolled my eyes super hard at one point when the writers make it very obvious they want us to like her but I don’t think her instincts are bad at all, her only blind side was Billy but to be fair he was Franks blind side as well.

She also couldn’t handle Frank way back when.

I’m sure it’ll change because you keep telling me to keep watching, but in the first season she accomplished hardly anything and got beaten at every turn. Then she failed to kill the bad guy and got onto Frank for not killing him either. Yeah, she was in over her head with these people, but she always acts like she’s not, so it’s annoying.

You said you don’t get the hate. For me it’s partly because I think she’s a shit cop, but even more so because I think she’s just flat out unlikabke.

*shrug* I think you’re being way too harsh on her tbh but opinions and all that.

Frank really should’ve killed Billy instead of trying to make him suffer and remember. He didn’t fail to kill him like her, he had the chance and decided to punish him instead. I don’t blame him at all but with all the trouble that decision caused I don’t blame her or anyone else that was effected by his decision. She’s not the only one that blames Frank for that

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:
  Hide contents

I guarantee he’d be more interested in where she got the tip from. Like I said the guy is an idiot. 

At which point she is free to roll her eyes and continue on like she did. The detective didn’t seem too curious where her tip came from at the scene of the crime, so unless it comes up more later, I’m assuming he’s open to whatever she tells him.

And he wouldn’t need to send the whole damn cavalry. Literally a single patrol car would’ve been enough to confirm Russo was there. That’s the point where you call the cavalry.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

At which point she is free to roll her eyes and continue on like she did. The detective didn’t seem too curious where her tip came from at the scene of the crime, so unless it comes up more later, I’m assuming he’s open to whatever she tells him.

And he wouldn’t need to send the whole damn cavalry. Literally a single patrol car would’ve been enough to confirm Russo was there. That’s the point where you call the cavalry.

He’s not XD 

I assume he didn’t ask because he was shot and dazed lol

Or she could just do it herself like she did, it’s the same difference and they stand about the same chance as she does. She has a car, lol she’d get there just as fast vs someone that doesn’t understand the urgency as well as she does with full context from what Frank told her.

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

shrug* I think you’re being way too harsh on her tbh but opinions and all that.

I’m curious, what do you like about her? Honestly. Besides her good instincts. Maybe I’m being harsh towards her competence, though I don’t think so, but as a person I think she’s got very little going for her.

She loves her mom is one thing. Though now she doesn’t talk to her anymore so... eh. She cared about her partner in season 1, though she mostly showed it after his death. Most of the time she’s just kind of a dick who seems to spend a lot of time thinking about herself.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:
Spoiler

She has a car, lol she’d get there just as fast vs someone that doesn’t understand the urgency as well as she does with full context from what Frank told her.

Not a chance. This ain’t a small town. The heart of NYC, where she lives, to the suburbs where that looks to have happened, ain’t a short drive.

Unless they were seriously taking their time, which would be kinda stupid if the detective called in and was like “hey we suspect that missing murderer we’re all looking for might be going to this place to kill this guy.”

I thought she was pretty driven and badass. I mean, yea she kept getting her ass kicked but she kept bouncing back and she threw herself in the thick of things, and was pretty damn handy with a shotgun. She’s not a pushover, she’s just outclassed with the main bad guys which is why she has to get Frank involved.

I think she has every reason to be bitchy given her circumstances. Even from the very beginning, she was being pushed from the truth and going against forces well above her pay grade. She shouldn’t have gotten as far as she did on her own early on but she did

Plus she survived a fucking head shot and a car crash. She’s tough.

I do think they push the boundaries of belief and in this season it seems like they just wanted a strong female lead but most of it seemed authentic. 

Plus, instinct is everything in her job so of course I’m gonna give her credit where it’s due on that area, especially when in comparison the black dude is fucking ANNOYING and so far off base it amazes me he’d ever made it to detective at all. It really pisses me off how stubbornly stupid he is.

Girl made a mistake not realizing the dude she was fucking just happened to know Frank Castle but who the hell could predict that. It was a fuck up and emotions get involved but that just makes her human in my book

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Guess I’ll have to finish the season. Right now I’m measuring people with very little track record vs a character whose track record has been mostly a series of failures.

Dude, everyone on this show fails except Frank XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Lieberman was pretty great at what he did. He carried a lot of weight in his and Frank’s partnership. Just about the only other good guy in the show who consistently does.

Lieberman got absolutely nothing done for that whole year until Frank got involved. 

I do agree they made good partners but unless Frank is in the equation, everyone either fails or is stuck. Plus, it took eeeeverything for Frank to get to Billy and even so he barely got him. I can’t blame her for failing at getting the only person around that could possibly kill the Punisher.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

especially when in comparison the black dude is fucking ANNOYING and so far off base it amazes me he’d ever made it to detective at all. It really pisses me off how stubbornly stupid he is.

Girl made a mistake not realizing the dude she was fucking just happened to know Frank Castle but who the hell could predict that. It was a fuck up and emotions get involved but that just makes her human in my book

I won’t argue with your opinions, but in mine, she is leaps and bounds more annoying than the detective. He’s off base, but at least he’s barely in the show by comparison. She gets as much screente as Frank and imo doesn’t even come close to justifying that.

If that was her only fuckup, I’d be more forgiving. But I have a harder time coming up with times she did something right in season 1 than things she did wrong. And between her scenes of messing up, getting cops killed, missing obvious clues like the bug in her office right after Russo, a private military contractor, was in it, she spends sooo much time just moping around feeling sorry for herself. 

It sounds more like you’re mainly mad that she gets this much screen time despite not being as badass lol. 

That much, I can understand especially if you don’t like her character for whatever reason.

I do prefer Kurt over her as far as screen time goes.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lieberman got absolutely nothing done for that whole year until Frank got involved. 

He found Frank. Which is no small feat when no one else was able to. He’s not an action man though so of course he didn’t go out and kill or expose people or anything. His plan started with recruiting a guy who could. 

He did a lot while partnered with Frank, too. Stuff that Frank had little hand in. Credit where it’s due, the guy was brilliant in his field.

And I think they did a good job showing why her failures happened, it never to me seemed like she just dropped the ball, it’s more like blaming her for things that are obvious in hindsight. I mean, I didn’t know Billy was dirty and put a bug in her office until they showed him talking about Frank, and then, Frank doesn’t suspect him either until Billy’s pointing a gun at his head and shoots him lol

It sounds more like you’re mainly mad that she gets this much screen time despite not being as badass lol. 

Got nothing to do with how badass she is. Amy isn’t badass and I enjoy her scenes. Same with Lieberman and most other characters. She’s the only one I actively dislike.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He found Frank. Which is no small feat when no one else was able to. He’s not an action man though so of course he didn’t go out and kill or expose people or anything. His plan started with recruiting a guy who could. 

He did a lot while partnered with Frank, too. Stuff that Frank had little hand in. Credit where it’s due, the guy was brilliant in his field.

Finding Frank is literally the only thing he did alone. Yea he was brilliant. So is she, her instincts are sharp and why they relocated her ass from the Middle East to New York so she wouldn’t find out more

And both need frank to reach their goal.

I mean, I didn’t know Billy was dirty and put a bug in her office until they showed him talking about Frank, a

Yeah but you binge watched weeks or months of her life in a matter of hours. 

She’s a freaking investigator who found a bug in her office. The first thing she oughta do is think back on everyone who’s been in there. “Ok so I’ve ruled out lots of people. What about that mysterious mercenary leader who I’ve been fucking?” should’ve at least entered her mind. 

Got nothing to do with how badass she is. Amy isn’t badass and I enjoy her scenes. Same with Lieberman and most other characters. She’s the only one I actively dislike.

Then I absolutely don’t get it XD 

Ah well, doesn’t matter

Yeah but you binge watched weeks or months of her life in a matter of hours. 

She’s a freaking investigator who found a bug in her office. The first thing she oughta do is think back on everyone who’s been in there. “Ok so I’ve ruled out lots of people. What about that mysterious mercenary leader who I’ve been fucking?” should’ve at least entered her mind. 

Cops, mercenary leader, literally all of her colleagues and acquaintances are equally capable and likely to have bugged her office and computer

he really wasn’t any more suspicious than the rest of them.

hindsight

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Then I absolutely don’t get it XD 

I think I explained it pretty well. But I gotta go to bed so I’ll just summarize.

She fails hard all the damn time but acts like she’s hot shit and everyone should treat her with respect. Even though she’s gotten lots of cops killed during several of her crappy plans.

She has an unlikable personality and the charm and nuance of a rock. And spends way too much time moping and feeling sorry for herself (it felt like we got a solid two episodes where she didn’t even get out of bed). And when she’s not in depression her default state is talking down to whoever she happens to be with.

Her solo scenes are designed in a lab to be as boring and unfun to watch as possible and are strategically placed exactly whenever Frank is in the middle of doing something exciting because Netflix hates us.

And I’m not exactly alone. Centurion doesn’t like her either, and apparently this is a fairly common complaint with the first season. Agree or disagree, but it’s not some crazy thing that I don’t like her character.

Y’all both being crazy is easily a possibility XD 

I was honestly surprised at the strong emotional response you had to her, both.

Tbh I was mostly neutral towards her. I couldn’t think of reasons to hate her on my own if I tried

I hate this one particular scene that involves her and is about her but I don’t hate her character for it.