Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

Just finding about this mod (it's due to release next year and has been worked on apparently since Skyrim first came out)...it's based on super obscure lore (sounds like it's right up your alley Colonel XD), and is about the Dovahkiin killing the 16 Daedric Princes. Kinda insane, but super atmospheric from the trailer.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/apotheosis

The hubworld is the Dreamsleeve

ScreenShot80.jpg

1 hour ago, Celan said:

In a far more interesting topic, I have found out what Rebec would be in a WWII alternate universe :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Witches

That there was a character in City of Thieves who could totally be Rebec’s Soviet cousin. She was a partisan sniper who killed the hell out some Germans behind their lines during the besieging of Leningrad.

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Based on lore but claims dovahkiin kills any daedra let alone 16 XD 

We got pretty dang close in eso and even then Molag Bal still lives.

If anyone could find a way, lorewise, it’s probably the Dovahkiin. Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dragon were beaten using the Amulet of Kings, which is basically a cluster of dragon souls with Akatosh’s blessing. Endgame Dovahkiin is basically that, plus dragon shouts, plus three Elder Scrolls.

Not that I think it makes sense. It’s just fun to think about.

I suppose.

It doesn’t get any worse than beating a daedra lord in their own realm. Plus, I think there’s more power in the amulet possibly, than the Dragonborn possesses. 

Elderscrolls aside since I have no idea what he could do with those, he did beat alduin, twice, which is quite the feat, but the amulet of Kings  made you nearly immortal, if not totally. And gave you enough power to beat a being whose power was pretty much limitless in that location.

I’m not entirely sure the amount of power is comparable, though it could potentially be. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Well he handily kicked Alduin’s ass and Alduin was supposedly able to eat the guy who became Dragon. Plus at the end of the Dragonborn DLC he absorbed the soul of another guy who was likely capable of doing the same and has some pretty outrageous godlike feats himself.

If the Amulet is just the souls of previous Dragonborn Emperors, then lategame Dovahkiin should be stronger since he’s likely absorbed way more dragons than there have been Septim Emperors. But yeah, Akatosh’s blessing on the Amulet muddies that a bit. 

The thing that makes it hard to tell is that Skyrim severely toned down the Dovahkiin’s godlike status for gameplay reasons, whereas ESO basically lets loose and has us witness the crazy shit firsthand. I’m not saying that he’d beat the Princes in Oblivion, but the only two things we’ve seen that can are Elder Scrolls and the Amulet of Kings. He’s got three of the former and power that is very similar to the latter, albeit with the scale still in question.

The amulet is decidedly more than just the collection of emperor souls and his blessing, it’s all of their soul power plus the “blood” of Akatosh himself which gives it the divine power we saw in ESO. Properties of “invincibility” like Shalidor. Which as you said, muddles things.

I will say that it’s definitely hard to tell because of ESO cutting loose. Alduin and DB both were under powered in representation. Plus, I have no honest idea how close Alduin in game was to the true world eater. Was it really Ald? Or was it an avatar of Alduin? 

Shor did do battle with his “ghost” rather than Alduin himself. 

But we really can’t know because Bethesda did such a poor job.

That said, he does say “Even the Daedra fear me!!” And I don’t think Alduin bluffs, avatar or not.

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

That there was a character in City of Thieves who could totally be Rebec’s Soviet cousin. She was a partisan sniper who killed the hell out some Germans behind their lines during the besieging of Leningrad.

Oh yeah, the Russian female snipers were b/a too. I came across mention of the Night Witches in a discussion of Battlefield V's hamfisted attempt to promote diversity by having this... awkward... chick with a mechanical arm hacking people to death with a huge saw blade in the game's trailer. It's so stupid, I don't know how anyone could see that as an homage to female fighters. They also jacked one of the most badass WWII missions ever, the Gunnerside raid, by replacing the real Norwegian commandos (male) with a mother-daughter team. So unnecessary, when there were real life examples of badass women fighting in WWII. I guess they didn't want to show Russians in a good light.

2 hours ago, BTC said:

Y’all have got to read this Wikipedia page about the Quebec Biker War. It reads more like a fictional story than real life. 

Had to read because my great grandma's family are from there... and of course they're from Pointe-aux-Trembles, where the biker war started. XD Figured it wasn't a posh neighborhood. Surprising that we didn't hear anything about it, considering the bombings. Don't want to hear any more shit from Canadians about the US being violent.

I visited Montreal on a high school trip, got offered coke, that was my only brush with the city's underworld thankfully.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Had to read because my great grandma's family are from there... and of course they're from Pointe-aux-Trembles, where the biker war started. XD Figured it wasn't a posh neighborhood. Surprising that we didn't hear anything about it, considering the bombings. Don't want to hear any more shit from Canadians about the US being violent.

I visited Montreal on a high school trip, got offered coke, that was my only brush with the city's underworld thankfully.

Nobody in the rest of Canada even remotely likes Quebec, so don't pin their madness on the rest of us XD

Always complaining how the rest of the country doesn't like them, or how there special cause they speak French, but whenever they had a vote in the last decade to separate, they always fucking chicken out. XD

@Celan  that’s what I was saying last time  The battlefield discussion came up. They had a few hundred females fighting in the war. Some snipers, some machine gun operators, etc.

There was more than enough examples right there for them to use. But I do think you’re correct, they didn’t want to give Russians any props. LOL, maybe they were afraid of being accused of being in with Putin and trump. Who knows with them.

3 hours ago, BTC said:

Y’all have got to read this Wikipedia page about the Quebec Biker War. It reads more like a fictional story than real life. 

Please tell me there’s a novelization of this somewhere. Or a movie, even. This shit has everything they’d need! Boucher would make a good villain. Kane would be an intense character to follow.

My favorite part is the Angel who became an informant to the police and told them everything he could, but changed the story where it involved him by blaming one of his own murders on some other guy. 

And the leader of the Dark Circle being a school teacher. :rofl: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Please tell me there’s a novelization of this somewhere. Or a movie, even. This shit has everything they’d need! Boucher would make a good villain. Kane would be an intense character to follow.

My favorite part is the Angel who became an informant to the police and told them everything he could, but changed the story where it involved him by blaming one of his own murders on some other guy. 

And the leader of the Dark Circle being a school teacher. :rofl: 

The fact that there was a group of apparently normal people who laundered drug money and were known as the Dark Circle alone makes it a story that needs telling. I could totally see a tv show being made out of this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTC said:

The fact that there was a group of apparently normal people who laundered drug money and were known as the Dark Circle alone makes it a story that needs telling. I could totally see a tv show being made out of this

Yeah. Heck, Dark Circle would be a hell of a name if they decided to focus on those guys. Someone should get on this.