Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #14

Declare your House.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Stark or Lannister?

• Lannister
    • Stark

56 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh I remember. I remember when they showed graphics they massively downgraded on release on PC for console parity. 

...and still shits on everything you've ever played to this day, salt lick XD 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Anywho, the gunplay in RDR2 looks fucking excellent, which makes me even more concerned about playing with that PS4 controller.

Have you played with one very much? It started weird to me but I’ve taken to liking it as much as the Xbox controller.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rolleyes: I was talking visuals, not about your particular tentacle hentai fetishes.

Anywho, the gunplay in RDR2 looks fucking excellent, which makes me even more concerned about playing with that PS4 controller.

Visually I still prefer Bloodborne. It's not just about the graphical power, it's a combination of that and the art design, and I much prefer the Gothic Victorian architecture design, and moon nights of Bloodborne 

5.jpg

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Have you played with one very much? It started weird to me but I’ve taken to liking it as much as the Xbox controller.

Not much really, no. The last time I held a playstation controller for a considerable amount of time, I was still playing Dragon Ball Z budokai 3.

Only "shooters" I've played on playstation was tomb raider and resident evil. Xbox was my introduction to FPS games or third person shooters, excluding Doom.

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Visually I still prefer Bloodborne. It's not just about the graphical power, it's a combination of that and the art design, and I much prefer the Gothic Victorian architecture design, and moon nights of Bloodborne 

Your personal tastes not withstanding, Witcher 3 is still easily the most detailed finely crafted world created to date and you know it.

God of War's the only other game out there that can compare. And Witcher 3 is what, three years old already?

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not much really, no. The last time I held a playstation controller for a considerable amount of time, I was still playing Dragon Ball Z budokai 3.

Only "shooters" I've played on playstation was tomb raider and resident evil. Xbox was my introduction to FPS games or third person shooters, excluding Doom.

If you did fine with the Xbox controller, then I don’t think the PS4 one should give you too much trouble. You get used to the different shape, and other than that the only big difference is the touch pad in the middle, which also takes a little time to get familiar with. Once you do, it’s basically the same. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Your personal tastes not withstanding, Witcher 3 is still easily the most detailed finely crafted world created to date and you know it.

God of War's the only other game out there that can compare. And Witcher 3 is what, three years old already?

It came out the same year as Bloodborne O.o You sound like a CD Project PR person. I can literally say the same thing about Bloodborne. It's the finest crafted world ever, filled with heaps and heaps of secret area's, bosses, weapons, and the best original lore that Fromsoft has ever done. Unmatched level design. It's open, just not like in the way of the Witcher. There.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

We talking visuals or world-building in general? If it’s the latter, well, I love God of War, but it does not come close to comparing. Only games I can think of that do are more dedicated RPGs.

If you mean visuals in an open world then yeah, God of War is probably the closest thing we’ve got.

Bloodborne is no slouch on either of these fronts, though.

Sure you could say the same thing, but the difference is, you and I both know you’re lying. You know damn well you’re just being a salt lick.

Even with the scale of Witcher, There isnt a single thing in that environment that seems poorly made,, blurry, bad meshes, nothing.

The water, the grass, the buildings, the armor, everything. Beautiful. Those two games do not compare on any level.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

We talking visuals or world-building in general? If it’s the latter, well, I love God of War, but it does not come close to comparing. Only games I can think of that do are more dedicated RPGs.

If you mean visuals in an open world then yeah, God of War is probably the closest thing we’ve got. 

Both really, but I was specifically talking about visuals on that comparison

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Sure you could say the same thing, but the difference is, you and I both know you’re lying. You know damn well you’re just being a salt lick.

Even with the scale of Witcher, There isnt a single thing in that environment that seems poorly made,, blurry, bad meshes, nothing.

The water, the grass, the buildings, the armor, everything. Beautiful. Those two games do not compare on any level.

>Saying I like another game more

>YOUR FUCKING LYING 

You sound like the salty little baby. 

I believe Bloodborne is a better game in every aspect to the Witcher. Get over yourself.

In terms of world building and the level of thought and detail put into it all, I would put a few games up there with Witcher 3. But none of them even come close on a visual level.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I believe Bloodborne is a better game in every aspect to the Witcher.

Even character development?

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

In terms of world building and the level of thought and detail put into it all, I would put a few games up there with Witcher 3. But none of them even come close on a visual level.

Even character development?

Especially character development. Considering how the Hunter is a silent protagonist, and yet they were able to infuse so much character into them through all the fucked up shit that happens in the story.   

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

>Saying I like another game more

>YOUR FUCKING LYING 

You sound like the salty little baby. 

I believe Bloodborne is a better game in every aspect to the Witcher. Get over yourself.

Nigga you are so full of it right now XD I’m calling you a liar in denial because you are.

You can say you believe this or that, but you gotta back that shit up my dude. Saying that you prefer something, isn’t an argument for saying it’s actually better. 

Art design.  That’s what you’re talking about. That’s something that can’t be argued because it is reliant on taste.

World building and visual detail? That’s not something that is simply reliant on taste.  That is something that can be argued, quantified and compared.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nigga you are so full of it right now XD I’m calling you a liar in denial because you are.

You can say you believe this or that, but you got a back that shit up my dude. Saying that you prefer something, is in a argument for saying it’s actually better. 

Art design.  That’s what you’re talking about. That’s something that can’t be argued because it is reliant on taste.

World building and visual of detail? That’s not something that is simply reliant on taste.  That is something that can be argued, quantified and compared.

The Witcher team had a world to build upon already. A dozen books, and two other games. Bloodborne is a completely original work, so yes there World Building is much more impressive. And the vistas, moonshrouded nights, and environmental design are much better in Bloodborne. 

You see what I did? NO, the world building and visual detail are purely subjective too. 

So stop being a salty little bitch, because you don't have shit. You have to prove shit too, and you haven't proved anything, just yelling about how CD God Red. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Especially character development. Considering how the Hunter is a silent protagonist, and yet they were able to infuse so much character into them through all the fucked up shit that happens in the story.   

In that case, I disagree. The Hunter is whatever you make them. FromSoft didn’t create a specific character for us to play as and whatever got infused into them was done by you, not them.

Geralt is a fully realized and fleshed out individual. As are many of the other characters, who all have distinct drives and personalities that are far more detailed than pretty much anyone in Bloodborne.

And I’m saying this as a huge Bloodborne fan. It’s one of my favorite games. But saying it’s better than Witcher in every single respect, even those that it hardly focused on, seems asinine to me. 

My dude, you’re the one Flaming right now, getting emotional LOL. If anyone’s being a salty little bitch right now, that would be you. 

And by world building, I didn’t just mean the culture, the lore, But literally, just how the world was actually built. How beautifully it was sculpted.

And for the part that is actually arguable, how detailed it is.

The only real reason I’m even talking about visuals right now since that’s not usually something I care about, is because not only was the game so fucking detailed, and so beautiful, but it was massive, and that held up in every nook and cranny and crevice.... 

And more impressively, it was chock-full of actual content.