Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #6

Height of the Roman Empire under Trajan and Hadrian vs Height of the Mongol Empire under Genghis Khan?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Muh Romans win.
    • Muh Mongols win.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Well the Morrowind Expansion was pretty great.

I have heard good things from that, and I could tell from the trailers that it was going to be good. Or at least, I was more hopeful for that that than this. Even almost bought the game till Doc and Tijhan talked me out of it.

This didn’t have the same effect.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll wait and see but just based on this I’m not expecting to be drawn into buying it finally.

The Clockwork City DLC did manage to tempt me a bit because people gave a lot of praise to its lore and the depictions of Divayth Fyr and Sotha Sil. Plus Nocturnal is one of my favorite Daedric Princes.

But I knew I wouldn’t enjoy it, so meh. The good stuff just ain’t worth the garbage gameplay and interacting with people in an MMO. 

If that’s the case then there’s no excuse. Especially with how they handled Morrowind’s expansion.

That looks nothing like the Summerset Isle I envisioned. Not even one single crystal construct or insect wing architecture.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I have heard good things from that, and I could tell from the trailers that it was going to be good. Or at least, I was more hopeful for that that than this. Even almost bought the game till Doc and Tijhan talked me out of it.

This didn’t have the same effect.

Honestly I got the game for twenty bucks, and I had a pretty fun time. There's no subscription too. 

But maybe it's just because I have prior experiences playing MMO's. Meh.

Just now, Centurion said:

Oh and ESO doing something has no effect on the main games. If it did we would never see another TES game.

Summerset sounds cool, but I’ll have to watch the trailers later because I’m at the Motorpool on gate guard right now.

Well go back to patrol solder!

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Well go back to patrol solder!

? Patrol? LOL I’m sitting in a booth next to a gate and I occasional have some one pull up trying to leave the motor pool with a vehicle and make sure they have the necessary papers while my battle (the other person with me) is knocked the fuck out

image.thumb.jpg.29c14828c6863eaa50b63f5abeb59f46.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw:

I agree with doc and Colonel (big surprise there lmao) a game set in Akivir would detract from the series. It wouldn’t add anything to the overall story. Now a DLC or invasion could be made to fit, but a whole main game? No. Especially when we have so much story left with the collapse of the Empire and the fight with the Dominion

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

? Patrol? LOL I’m sitting in a booth next to a gate and I occasional have some one pull up trying to leave the motor pool with a vehicle and make sure they have the necessary papers while my battle (the other person with me) is knocked the fuck out

Hide contents

Outstanding

38 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Hide contents

Have you dealt with any drunks besides yourself yet XD

35 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Have you dealt with any drunks besides yourself yet XD

??? No lmao. I’m at the motorpool not the main gates. Take everything you think the military is and erase that shit. Now picture the government spending over 75000 just to train you to be a warfighter and then spend your years sweeping rain and shit lmao. Take your silly little Metal Gear games and replace all those guys wondering around with rifles, to dude with brooms and trash grabbers.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

??? No lmao. I’m at the motorpool not the main gates. Take everything you think the military is and erase that shit. Now picture the government spending over 75000 just to train you to be a warfighter and then spend your years sweeping rain and shit lmao. Take your silly little Metal Gear games and replace all those guys wondering around with rifles, to dude with brooms and trash grabbers.

Tucker, best trash boy in the whole military.

16 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Calm down, it was a poor joke :coffee:

And do you really think I take Metal Gear seriously when i'm using this as camouflage 

tumblr_nq5efqjXmk1s4vchao1_500.jpg

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And it seems like I can't defend England from the smelly Vikings until May :( Thrones was delayed. 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/britannia-release-date-change

At least they confirmed the Saxons (William the Bastard!) are in. Though they'll be an extra ten bucks....

Teeeeeeechnically if the Gauls were noted for using soap, is it any stretch to imagine the Scandinavians did? At least in this era.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Teeeeeeechnically if the Gauls were noted for using soap, is it any stretch to imagine the Scandinavians didn't? At least in this era.

Nah apparently Vikings we're super clean (for the time) and obsessed with looking good. If anything the English probably smelled worse.

Though they used the same water the others used to wash...so I guess they we're still smelly XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah apparently Vikings we're super clean (for the time) and obsessed with looking good. If anything the English probably smelled worse.

Though they used the same water the others used to wash...so I guess they we're still smelly XD

I think people that are into history sometimes fall into the mistake of thinking Scandinavians are unwashed and smelly comes from a Muslim description talking about how filthy they saw the Viking traders up near Islamic spain.

But then again the high class Muslim Andalusians were obsessed more than the Vikings on cleanliness.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think people that are into history sometimes fall into the mistake of thinking Scandinavians are unwashed and smelly comes from a Muslim description talking about how filthy they saw the Viking traders up near Islamic spain.

But then again the high class Muslim Andalusians were obsessed more than the Vikings on cleanliness.

The Muslims actually had proper baths :D 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The Muslims actually had proper baths :D 

The Spanish Muslims did, given that there was still some Roman infrastructure left in Iberia alongside the Arabs bringing Persian technology to the Berbers (Through conquest XD) and in turn the Berbers and Arabs conquering most of Iberia set the groundwork for a rather advanced state....which had proper baths :P

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah apparently Vikings we're super clean (for the time) and obsessed with looking good. 

Eyyy, stealing yo Saxton hoes one comb and brush at a time lol. 

So Baldur’s hair and Dibellan ways are lore friendly, remember that.

• Haha 2