Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #3

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Probably consists of big burley broads, like Hulga.

But gold is gold. Bonus points for beating Canadians at their own sport.

I'll enjoy our third place in Total medals while the states got jackshit. Keep your consultation prize because the States were eliminated from the real Hockey.

Oh and your glorious leader is being an idiot.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/22/donald-trump-wants-ban-violent-video-games-films-stop-school-shootings-7335268/

I hope this isn't going to be the Nineties again...

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

glorious leader

What do you think we are, fucking North Korea?

That article is full of shit and the headline is a blatant clickbait lie. He didn’t suggest or imply a desire for any sort of ban, or even make the claim that violent entertainment media is necessarily to blame (only suggested the possibility). He commented on the ratings system being shit with us generally treating sexual content as something only okay for adults, but graphic violence as something okay for kids. Possibly leading very young people to play shit that they shouldn’t.

I don’t totally agree with him but it’s not the lie that your headline is stating, nor is it nearly as radical as you’re suggesting.

• Haha 1

Apparently my accent is starting to change. I was on the phone with my mom and she was saying that I was pronoucing words weird, but she didn’t say whether I was getting more of a drawl or less of one... now I’m worried that I’m losing my beautiful southern accent XD

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

Nigga free is free, I don’t say no to free shit lol.

@BigBossBalrog dude there’s no way you read that article and thought it was true. Besides, lol no one here is in love with Trump, our positions pretty sure was that he’s not nearly as bad as people claim, and a helluva lot better than Hillary.

Well, me Doc and Celan that is.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

17 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Apparently my accent is starting to change. I was on the phone with my mom and she was saying that I was pronoucing words weird, but she didn’t say whether I was getting more of a drawl or less of one... now I’m worried that I’m losing my beautiful southern accent XD

Your being turned into a proper soldier! You need to have the straight voice!

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

What do you think we are, fucking North Korea?

That article is full of shit and the headline is a blatant clickbait lie. He didn’t suggest or imply a desire for any sort of ban, or even make the claim that violent entertainment media is necessarily to blame (only suggested the possibility). He commented on the ratings system being shit with us generally treating sexual content as something only okay for adults, but graphic violence as something okay for kids. Possibly leading very young people to play shit that they shouldn’t.

I don’t totally agree with him but it’s not the lie that your headline is stating, nor is it nearly as radical as you’re suggesting.

“I’m hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts,” he said at a meeting on school safety. “And then you go the further step, and that’s the movies.”

It's bullshit. We've all grown up with playing incredibly violent games since we were little (the first game I played was the old Doom), and alot of our fellows growing up played violent video games, yet I don't know a single person whose taking another persons life or is particularly ax crazy. Violent games don't effect people.

The Republicans in general are trying to deflect blame from guns to video games. It's pretty disgusting in my opinion.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/16/17020768/video-games-violence-shootings-kentucky-governor-matt-bevin

I hear alot (and fully ackowledge) the Democrats are corporate shills, but the Republicans are no different. There just sucking off the NRA instead.

Just now, Centurion said:

@BigBossBalrog Like dude, being from the South accounts for a bigger part of my personal identity than being from the US of fucking A. You remove my accent and you’ve removed a chunk of me that make me, me. If that makes since. It’d be like if someone ripped your syrup or British milk away from you.

Well do any other southern soldiers you know have their accents still? Maybe you loose it with all the barking and grunting.

@BigBossBalrog

I read the article, so you don’t have to quote it to me. And no, it doesn’t blame video games and Trump did not suggest banning them. I hate using the term fake news, but that’s literally what this is.

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's bullshit. We've all grown up with playing incredibly violent games since we were little (the first game I played was the old Doom), and alot of our fellows growing up played violent video games, yet I don't know a single person whose taking another persons life or is particularly ax crazy. Violent games don't effect people.

Funny, replace violent video games with guns and I can say the exact same thing.

The Republicans in general are trying to deflect blame from guns to video games. It's pretty disgusting in my opinion.

They aren’t deflecting blame from guns because they genuinely believe that guns aren’t to blame. It’s a lot easier to call people you disagree with disgusting than actually propose real solutions, and so far that’s what the left has been doing to an insane degree.

Plus, video games are not where “Republicans in general” have been pointing their fingers. The vast majority have blamed poor security and incompetence/neglect on the part of the FBI or whatever law enforcement agencies should’ve prevented this latest shooting, because they had every reason to see it coming.

I hear alot (and fully ackowledge) the Democrats are corporate shills, but the Republicans are no different. There just sucking off the NRA instead.

This is one of the Dem’s favorite stupid talking points. The NRA don’t even come close to shoveling as much money into politics as the lobbiests on the Left. But the media never mention the others because they stand for things that they believe in.

And the idea that the NRA is the reason Republicans aren’t for gun control is ridiculous. R poltiticans never supported it to begin with because their base doesn’t support it. The NRA is a collection of private citizens who are pro gun, so of course they support the politians who are also pro gun.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Well do any other southern soldiers you know have their accents still? Maybe you loose it with all the barking and grunting.

Well, DS Black still has his Deep South drawl from Montgomery, but he’s been in North Carolina and Georgia his whole career. I’ve been stuck in a tradoc environment with people from all over for 5 months and I’m headed to Hawaii, so it remains to be seen

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Well, DS Black still has his Deep South drawl from Montgomery, but he’s been in North Carolina and Georgia his whole career. I’ve been stuck in a tradoc environment with people from all over for 5 months and I’m headed to Hawaii, so it remains to be seen

My dad’s sister has lived in Australia for years after marrying a man from there. I can’t even imagine her with a Southern accent because she’s spoken full-blown Aussie for as long as I’ve known her.

In short, good luck. :P 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

My dad’s sister has lived in Australia for years after marrying a man from there. I can’t even imagine her with a southern accent because she’s spoken full-blown Aussie for as long as I’ve known her.

In short, good luck. :P 

Ahh fuckkkk

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Centurion said:

My mom was born and raised in Ireland, and she came here when she was twenty. Thirty years later, she sound like a regular North American White person. So sorry, your accent is doomed unless you get stationed in the South

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

My mom was born and raised in Ireland, and she came here when she was twenty. Thirty years later, she sound like a regular North American White person. So sorry, your accent is doomed unless you get stationed in the South

I’m just gonna start overemphasizing my drawl, fuck it

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Besides, lol no one here is in love with Trump, our positions pretty sure was that he’s not nearly as bad as people claim, and a helluva lot better than Hillary.

Indeed. Hell, I have lots of problems with the man. But I don’t regret voting for him at all. 

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I’m just gonna start overemphasizing my drawl, fuck it

XD This’ll do the trick. Now watch it stick, then two years from now when you return home, everyone is gonna be like “how the hell did Hawaii make you more Southern?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Indeed. Hell, I have lots of problems with the man. But I don’t regret voting for him at all. 

XD This’ll do the trick. Now watch it stick, then two years from now when you return home, everyone is gonna be like “how the hell did Hawaii make you more Southern?”

“How did you go from western Oklahoma/Texan to middle of fucking nowhere Alabaman?” Lol

• Haha 1

But yeah with Trump, there’s things he does that I don’t like, but I can still get behind him on issues. I didn’t get to vote in 2016 because I turned 18 a month too late, but in 2020 if he runs again he’s got my vote, purely because I know there’s no way a third party is gonna win and there are unreconcilable differences with me and the democrat party.