Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #3

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea even if you didn’t see them in the base game, which is easily possible if you’re like me and mostly stick to towns and NV like a good little city slicker, you’d at least run into them in the DLC.

That would also mean he never got Lily as a follower, banged Red Lucy, or helped the refugees at Bittersprings. All that stuff involves Nightstalkers.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea even if you didn’t see them in the base game, which is easily possible if you’re like me and mostly stick to towns and NV like a good little city slicker, you’d at least run into them in the DLC.

Unless Bman never played Old World Blues...

Of course XD Though my fondness memories of it we're listening to Toasie rant Nuclear holocaust. Honest Hearts was my favorite of the lot.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That would also mean he never got Lily as a follower, banged Red Lucy, or helped the refugees at Bittersprings. All that stuff involves Nightstalkers.

That’s easily possible, especially the red Lucy bit. You remember who we’re talking about right? XD 

Actually I don’t even know who the fuck Lily is lol so there you go.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

158eb1381560e1df2fdda136ead18217.jpg

I also love the Native Tribe war theme.

So, what, you want to fuck a mummy? I don't know what this says about the dlc other than he looks cool lol, which isn't enough for me to favor a DLC. It's nice, and I like the story about the "Father in the Cave" but it's just aight altogether for me. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Grandma Nightkin? XD her story was so sad. Actually one of the more difficult dilemmas for me to this day. Most of the others I’ve long ago made up my mind on, but not with her. 

Ah her, lol. I did get her once or twice, never traveled with her tho. 

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll never understand y’alls fondness for that one. It’s not bad but it’s just aight for me in comparison to the others.

Dead Money of course is my favorite DLC. In NV or any game. Lonesome Road is an easy second.

But Honest Hearts still comes soundly in third for a number of reasons. It’s got the lowest lows for me, but the highs are really fucking high. The tribal war setting is awesome and something I had always wanted to see since FO2. The Survivor’s story was one of the most emotional and best written pieces in the series, the world design was stunning, and the contrast coming out of Dead Money was great. I loved having to choose between too genuinely moral characters with differing ideas on which good course of action to take is better, rather than the more typical “lesser evil” dilemma.

And Graham is by far the most legendary name in the fandom. You see he was originally intended for the original Fallout 3 That got canceled before Bethesda bought the series. And the concept was universally loved. The hype of finally meeting him was insane for longtime fans. Many of us had waited for years, and honestly didn’t expect him to ever be brought to life. 

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Ew

Milkdrinker XD you sound like Tijhan now :P 

That dlc had everything. Atmosphere, big ass guns, cool armor, MONEY, a great villain character, and an oh so satisfying end...

Not to mention, the best characters in fallout dlc history. And a really awesome survival horror esque feel. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Dead Money of course is my favorite DLC. In NV or any game. Lonesome Road is an easy second.

But Honest Hearts still comes soundly in third for a number of reasons. It’s got the lowest lows for me, but the highs are really fucking high. The tribal war setting is awesome and something I had always wanted to see since FO2. The Survivor’s story was one of the most emotional and best written pieces in the series, the world design was stunning, and the contrast coming out of Dead Money was great. I loved having to choose between too genuinely moral characters with differing ideas on which good course of action to take is better, rather than the more typical “lesser evil” dilemma.

And Graham is by far the most legendary name in the fandom. You see he was originally intended for the original Fallout 3 That got canceled before Bethesda bought the series. And the concept was universally loved. The hype of finally meeting him was insane for longtime fans.

I'll accept third place. Mainly because now that I think about it despite all the funny, swag, and cool shit to discover in Old World Blues, I cant put it above Dead Money obviously, and certainly not above Lonesome Road. It's tied with Honest Hearts for me. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That dlc had everything. Atmosphere, big ass guns, cool armor, MONEY, a great villain character, and an oh so satisfying end...

And balls. It took some serious stones to put out their most hardcore departure from the normal formula as the first DLC. That’s how you scare away the milk drinkers. XD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'll accept third place. Mainly because now that I think about it despite all the funny, swag, and cool shit to discover in Old World Blues, I cant put it above Dead Money obviously, and certainly not above Lonesome Road. It's tied with Honest Hearts for me. 

I’d like OWB a lot better if the enemies weren’t so inexplicably bullet spongey. Like I get the roboscorpions, but lobotomites shouldn’t have been so tough. And they respawned so frequently that it got pretty annoying to travel imo.

It has some of the greatest ending slides in Fallout though. And the additional fleshing out of Elijah, Christine, and Ulysses was extremely cool. Also enjoyed the humor, goofy as it was. 

I didn't have issue with the lobs, by the time I go in there I've got serious firepower. You need to put up that damn peashooter of yours for a minute and pull out a real gun. THAT gun XD Lucky's just not gun enough for that dlc. 

But yea, everything else is bullet spongey.

I'm not sure what you mean about turning the whole game into Dead Money, I'm assuming you mean more survivor esque. But for me, the beauty of that dlc was that the hardcore setting is specifically in that location. I love the feel of ease when I leave. Like nothing else I go through in New Vegas can compare to the shit I just went through. 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I didn't have issue with the lobs, by the time I go in there I've got serious firepower. You need to put up that damn peashooter of yours for a minute and pull out a real gun. THAT gun XD Lucky's just not gun enough for that dlc. 

But yea, everything else is bullet spongey.

Bitch please. XD Only things That Gun seriously has on Lucky are AP rounds and faster reload. And reload speed don’t mean shit when you’re a cowboy. 

I tend to use in-DLC weapons when I’m in those areas anyway. And they do fine. I just don’t like that lobs are inexplicably tougher than normal humans. 

57 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Don’t I still have to do a gallon challenge as soon as I meet you? XD so yes milkdrinker indeed

Ew no, I'd gag just watching that. Especially if you barf. The only thing grosser than seeing people chug milk is seeing it come right back out.

Tosh.O Did that and his guest had blood or some pink shit come out and mix with it... fucking repulsive. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'm not sure what you mean about turning the whole game into Dead Money, I'm assuming you mean more survivor esque. But for me, the beauty of that dlc was that the hardcore setting is specifically in that location. I love the feel of ease when I leave. Like nothing else I go through in New Vegas can compare to the shit I just went through. 

Kinda but that's a little understatement, the game becomes a hardcore survival RPG. Father Dickhead releases his plauge on the Mojave and turns the place into a shithole.

It's really fun you should check it out.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57927/

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bitch please. XD Only things That Gun seriously has on Lucky are AP rounds and faster reload. And reload speed don’t mean shit when you’re a cowboy. 

I tend to use in-DLC weapons when I’m in those areas anyway. And they do fine. I just don’t like that lobs are inexplicably tougher than normal humans. 

Bitch I was a cowboy. Reload speed is literally everything when you're getting rushed by Lobs and nightsalkers, especially if you tend to shoot outside of vats as well.