Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

49 minutes ago, Celan said:

The show creators

Reveal hidden contents

nuked Shady Sands because they didn't want to show a futuristic city.

Weak, tbh.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/fallout-season-2-creators-interview

So basically:  "Making actual Fallout is hard so we decided to make Mad Max instead."

That is weak. So is this quote:

"I did send a screengrab of a Reddit thread of people desperate for something not to happen in season two, and to Geneva, I was like: “I think we gotta do it.”

I hate when writers are just so damn desperate to subvert, outsmart, or even just piss off fans that they let it influence their direction. Reminds me of how D&D approached later seasons of GoT, like how they had Jon fail to face the Night King solely because they knew fans wanted and expected him too.

It amazes me how glorified trolls keep ending up in charge of what happens next in hundred-million dollar settings.

And this:

"It really was our belief, also, that though there are the events of the games, it's not frozen after that. History is not static. It keeps going, and entropy is a constant."

Which is total BS and tells me that these guys know nothing about Fallout. Fallout wasn’t and has never been static! A huge part of the appeal and what sets it apart from many other post apocalyptic series is how the world keeps growing and progressing in different and interesting ways. Cali becomes the NCR, the Southwest becomes a brutal Roman-Esq military dictatorship, tribes form, mutants ban together, etc.

You are the ones keeping it static by nuking it all back into a generic wasteland. 

• Thanks 1

I recently was re-watching some of GoT, because apparently I like to torture myself, and was struck by how vapid the dialogue was. I went to see who wrote the episode and sure enough. Then I looked at the episodes that were submitted by the showrunners for writing Emmys. They all were written by you guessed who. Those pompous asses didn't even let GRRM win an Emmy for, say, Battle of the Blackwater, while they collected awards for adapting his work. I wonder if that sort of thing is why GRRM distanced himself from the production in latter years.

• Like 1

Bought this from a coworker today. Single action and, weirdly, single shot. The cylinder is for show. 60 years old and it is still in good condition and shoots great.

Total novelty but I don’t care. XD Guy I bought it from is very old and traded some beers for it back in when he was working barges in the early 70s.

IMG_8593.thumb.jpeg.6c61d23886f7d537e3d369d3155475b3.jpeg

IMG_8594.thumb.jpeg.16d45449459b3958e087ba206c981b8f.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bought this at work today. Single action and, weirdly, single shot. The cylinder is for show. 60 years old and it is still in good condition and shoots great.

Total novelty but I don’t care. XD Guy I bought it from is very old and traded some beers for it back in when he was working barges in the early 70s.

IMG_8593.thumb.jpeg.6c61d23886f7d537e3d369d3155475b3.jpeg

IMG_8594.thumb.jpeg.16d45449459b3958e087ba206c981b8f.jpeg

You should start carrying a Mare's Leg with you XD

• Haha 2

So I dont know about all the end game stuff with the show, but im into episode 4 and ngl its pretty awesome so far. I love whats been shown so far tho yea their not wanting to show fallout nations so they nuke them does sound pretty pathetic, or futuristic cities etc.

@The Good Doctor is fallout 76 actually good now like new mans sky or whatever or were you trolling me lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Far as the show goes, you’re getting close to where I really turned on it. I think it was episode 5 or 6?

Though on a rewatch, I honestly found a lot more reasons to dislike it from the start. Too many contrivances and characters who are just too stupid to believably exist. That’s aside from any of my nerdy worldbuilding, thematic, and retcon complaints.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Why were you trying t get me to play lol or am I misremembering 

Because I didn’t want to suffer play alone.

And for what it’s worth, it would have been fun to play it with you. Friends can make even the shittiest games enjoyable. But it is definitely a shitty game. XD 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Because I didn’t want to suffer play alone.

And for what it’s worth, it would have been fun to play it with you. Friends can make even the shittiest games enjoyable. But it is definitely a shitty game. XD 

Ok good ty, someone close to me kept trying to get me to play lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok good ty, someone close to me kept trying to get me to play lol

With how many great games are out there, I wouldn’t reccomend giving it the time, but let me know if you do. I’ll reinstall long enough to give y’all some cool shit that’s not easily available anymore.

• Like 1

Though it's pretty telling even Skyrim usually averages 30,000-40,000 people daily. Even when you take mod's out of the equation, there's so much content on offer. (...mixed content. but fun content) 

It makes you reallly scratch your head in relation to what Starfield is like. When you take out the random generation, there's probably like thirty-forty hours at most of unique stuff. 

33 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Though it's pretty telling even Skyrim usually averages 30,000-40,000 people daily. Even when you take mod's out of the equation, there's so much content on offer. (...mixed content. but fun content) 

Skyrim is a juggernaut. It’ll probably have a solid player count even when TES VI is out.