Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

Watched A Haunting in Venice last night. It was a really good mystery/detective movie. Had great characters, a tight script, a compelling mystery, and even a little horror. Sets in Italy were beautiful too.

Most impressive part was how well it kept you guessing at whether or not there was anything supernatural going on without ever feeling like it was cheating or lying to the audience.

I’d recommend it to anyone here. Especially @BigBossBalrog and @Celan. Seems like your kind of thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Watched A Haunting in Venice last night. It was a really good mystery/detective movie. Had great characters, a tight script, a compelling mystery, and even a little horror. Sets in Italy were beautiful too.

Most impressive part was how well it kept you guessing at whether or not there was anything supernatural going on without ever feeling like it was cheating or lying to the audience.

I’d recommend it to anyone here. Especially @BigBossBalrog and @Celan. Seems like your kind of thing.

I remember liking the trailer and then being cheesed a movie called a Haunting in Venice wasn't a true horror movie, but i'll check it out XD

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I remember liking the trailer and then being cheesed a movie called a Haunting in Venice wasn't a true horror movie, but i'll check it out XD

It’s sort of like a blend of horror and detective/mystery. Lighter on the horror than the mystery, but it does a really good job of both. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

https://kotaku.com/fallout-3-reveal-death-threats-security-guard-bethesda-1851423466

*Roll my eyes* I think death threats are terrible, but it seems really coincidental that Beth is opening up on them right now. 

Yeah, I don’t believe it. "Death threats" and "Racist/Sexist DMs" have become every media corporation’s shield from criticism in the 2020s. It’s a way to paint critical fans as "toxic" evil bastards.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I don’t believe it. "Death threats" and "Racist/Sexist DMs" have become every media corporation’s shield from criticism in the 2020s. It’s a way to paint critical fans as "toxic" evil bastards.

Now that the Fallout series has been eaten up by the masses, they seem to be treating that "validation" as a Casus Belli to finally go all out on demonizing classic Fallout fans XD

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Now that the Fallout series has been eaten up by the masses, they seem to be treating that "validation" as a Casus Belli to finally go all out on demonizing classic Fallout fans XD

That’s been going on since Bethesda bought the IP and has gotten worse with every game except FO76 where everyone sort of came together to hate it. XD It’s why NMA became a thing and has lasted to this day.

But yeah, right now is the worst it’s ever been. If you don’t eat up and praise Beth’s modern interpretation of the franchise, then you’re a prick.

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Witcher got renewed for two final seasons, and some of the staff are mounting there attacks against Henry. I don't think this is going to go like she thinks XD

Hilarious that she’s accusing him of ruining Geralt when almost universal consensus is that he as Geralt carried the show and everything else ranged from bad to mediocre. 

Sorry lady, but nobody watching gives a crap if some dramatic Hollywood twats had fun on the set or not. We don’t watch these shows for your behind-the-scenes circlejerk sessions.

Also, announcing that it’s been renewed to go 5 seasons like it’s some sort of victory is a bit of a cope when the original plan was always to do 7. It didn’t get extended; it got cut short.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Witcher got renewed for two final seasons, and some of the staff are mounting there attacks against Henry. I don't think this is going to go like she thinks XDGLj5J1XWQAAlGr1.png.e0a6aed8c6cdb5deef0de7c70519fef5.png

Here's another gem from this dimwit but I can't find anywhere where it says that she worked on the production. Edit- or he. This person just has a creepy fixation on Anya Taylor Joy.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

Here's another gem from this dimwit but I can't find anywhere where it says that she worked on the production.

I saw it being paraded around X and people were saying they were part of the production. If that isn't the case, I guess it's some dummy XD