Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Then again...Todd also has been holding a grudge against that kid who made fun of him in High School forever 

For context. XD 

He’s clearly being funny there, but regarding the credits thing, I have no idea if that particular shot was deliberate or coincidence, but I do think the premise of the show itself, what it does with the world and themes of Fallout, stems from pettiness. 

23 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68920563

I made a post about this creep awhile back: good to see some justice XD They should just follow the list of the idiots who signed his protest and arrest them too 

Was he found guilty of anything? Far as I can tell, the article just describes allegations, which he still denies.

Nothing wrong with people wanting to see evidence before jumping on a "burn the witch" bandwagon. It’s way too easy and common for people to lie about being victims. Especially in recent years when "believe all women" has become a slogan regardless of context.

Granted, I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns out to be guilty. The culture behind the French film industry seems to be about as disgusting as Hollywood, if not worse.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Was he found guilty of anything? Far as I can tell, the article just describes allegations, which he still denies.

Nothing wrong with people wanting to see evidence before jumping on a "burn the witch" bandwagon. It’s way too easy and common for people to lie about being victims. Especially in recent years when "believe all women" has become a slogan regardless of context.

Granted, I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns out to be guilty. The culture behind the French film industry seems to be about as disgusting as Hollywood, if not worse.

The dude is 100 hundred percent guilty XD There's been dozens of cases. 

"In a 1978 interview, Depardieu reportedly confirmed a story that he first participated in a rape when he was nine years old and that he had participated in more rapes since then. He reportedly stated there were "too many [rapes] to count... There was nothing wrong with it. The girls wanted to be raped. I mean, there's no such thing as rape. It's only a matter of a girl putting herself in a situation where she wants to be." The story re-emerged in Time magazine in 1991.[51] On 15 March 1991, Depardieu's American publicist Lois Smith, stated "he's sorry, but it happened".[52] The National Organization for Women requested an apology from Depardieu.[51] Later that month, Depardieu's French publicist Claude Devy discounted the statements made by Smith, and Depardieu threatened legal action against any media outlet that published the comments.[52] Depardieu's team said his words were mistranslated and he only admitted to having witnessed rapes. Time refused to retract the story.[53]"

And yeah, it's quite a bit worse.

35 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The dude is 100 hundred percent guilty XD There's been dozens of cases. 

The number of cases doesn’t really mean much to me because that’s the nature of witch hunts. Opportunistic people smell blood and pile on hoping to make a quick buck. 

But yeah, those quotes are a lot more damning. XD

I think that means it's time, @The Good Doctor is to be tried and executed for his crimes against Bethesda, the slander, propaganda and lies told against the greatness that is Fallout, Amazon's TV series.

The execution is to be carried out by me, the chosen champion of the Howard line. I am Todd's Sword. I am Todd's shield. I am his executioner.

• Haha 3

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think that means it's time, @The Good Doctor is to be tried and executed for his crimes against Bethesda, the slander, propaganda and lies told against the greatness that is Fallout, Amazon's TV series.

The execution is to be carried out by me, the chosen champion of the Howard line. I am Todd's Sword. I am Todd's shield. I am his executioner.

For the love of Yes Man, shut up and let’s get this over with.

• Haha 2

If yall havent seen Split, and Glass on netflix, I hiiighly recommend you do.

Unbreakable as well, though its not on netflix and is the first of the three movies, technically.

You can rent it tho off amazon or youtube.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If yall havent seen Split, and Glass on netflix, I hiiighly recommend you do.

Unbreakable as well, though its not on netflix and is the first of the three movies, technically.

You can rent it tho off amazon or youtube.

Seen them. Not crazy about Glass but I liked the first two. 

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Split was the best, imo, but I loved all three.

I really liked Unbreakable when it came out, but it’s been so long now that I no longer remember it well enough to say if it’s my favorite.

My memory of Split is a lot stronger and yeah, fair choice. I feel like it flew under the radar because M. Night Shyamalan’s reputation was in the dumps when it came out and nobody gave it a chance, but it’s a very solid horror/thriller with a cool premise.

Glass is the last one I saw but it didn’t stick with me the way Split did. It was kinda cool how it tied the other movies together, but I hated the ending and most the rest is kind of a blur to me.

53 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I really liked Unbreakable when it came out, but it’s been so long now that I no longer remember it well enough to say if it’s my favorite.

My memory of Split us a lot stronger and yeah, fair choice. I feel like it flew under the radar because M. Night Shyamalan’s reputation was in the dumps when it came out and nobody gave it a chance, but it’s a very solid horror/thriller with a cool premise.

Glass is the last one I saw but it didn’t stick with me the way Split did. It was kinda cool how it tied the other movies together, but I hated the ending and most the rest is kind of a blur to me.

The only part of the ending I hated really was how easy you know who died. Only one, for me 

The Overseer lol

• Like 1