Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #36

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The progression system is why I ended up ditching Infinite. The gameplay is fun, but the fact that you have to pay real money for the ability to earn 99% of the rewards, most of which have been in the series since Halo CE, is just disgusting.

Remember once upon a time, how amazed you'd be at seeing people with the highest and hardest to unlock gear in Halo Reach?

You knew they worked their asses off to get it. Now you just gotta work your ass off in real life, to afford the seven dollar red paint scheme :rofl:

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Remember once upon a time, how amazed you'd be at seeing people with the highest and hardest to unlock gear in Halo Reach?

Not to mention how good it felt when you finally got them yourself. 

Now it actually had the opposite effect. I see someone with the coolest gear and I actually lose respect for them, because I know they’re paying real money for it on top of whatever they paid for the actual game. Congrats, you helped support the screwing over of the fans. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not to mention how good it felt when you finally got them yourself

On my OG offline account, I somehow crawled my way to General rank 2 (whatever it was called) through nothing but campaign, making and playing forge maps and sheer fucking love for Reach.

It took me years, I only stopped because my og xbox finally died around 2015.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Now it actually had the opposite effect. I see someone with the coolest gear and I actually lose respect for them, because I know they’re paying real money for it on top of whatever they paid for the actual game. Congrats, you helped support the screwing over of the fans.

I feel the same way, it sucks.

So me and my brother spent most of our trip with our relatives (really good to see them again), and were taking the last five days just to relax in Dublin. 

Great fish'n'chips XD

JKOQXnB.jpg

We went to Glendalough, it's a gorgeous valley that centerpiece includes a fairy-esque forest, two gleaming lakes, and monastery settlement that's about a thousand years old (when the Vikings came to Ireland they slaughtered the monks there.

eKT9O84.jpg

6UnwiwY.jpg

8Ut1Sdy.jpg

qAkYGVm.jpg

IvnPe5A.jpg

KP3ShiX.jpg

HY478nC.jpg

kDLCED6.jpg

gg4hwr8.jpg

leznBh0.jpg

It's a hoot here when all that shit with the U.K is happening here XD

yF2VjBz.jpg

Now that the U.K is a fucking world-wide laughing stock, apparently Wales and Scotland's government's are pushing Independence referendums, great for them XD

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Well that was obvious.

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

There are thousands of good writers out there who adore The Witcher. Why would you deliberately hire someone who hates it instead?

Lauren Hissrich already stated that she wanted non-book fans as part of the writing team to get "diverse perspectives." So yeah.

House of Dragon finale was solid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Now that the U.K is a fucking world-wide laughing stock, apparently Wales and Scotland's government's are pushing Independence referendums, great for them XD

I'd be hilarious for the Bri'ish to lose their original colony.

I got a lot of love for the isle's original inhabitants XD

So I fucking miss this, they didn't just announce SIlent Hill 2 Remake, they announced an entire new standalone game, Silent Hill F. 

Very very sparse on details, but that art direction looks cool as shit. I was skeptical about it being set in Japan, but it vanished as soon as I saw some of the monster designs. I think the vibe really fits. I got shivers when they started playing the Silent Hill 1 theme with Japanese instruments.  As long as it's a spin-off, I think it could be really great cause of the talent attached. 

• Like 1

CDPR announced they are doing a remake of Witcher 1 in Unreal Engine.

Not sure how I feel about that, I think the first game stands on its own and I'd rather they work on a new game, so meh I guess.

Edit- they're calling it a "modern re-imagining," which I guess means no more sex cards.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

CDPR announced they are doing a remake of Witcher 1 in Unreal Engine.

Not sure how I feel about that, I think the first game stands on its own and I'd rather they work on a new game, so meh I guess.

Edit- they're calling it a "modern re-imagining," which I guess means no more sex cards.

Hmm… yeah, I’d rather just get a new game as well. Geralt is and always will be the king, but his story has already been concluded three times over at this point. Time to move on.

As cool as this world is, and with the competence of CDPR’s writing team, I was really hoping they’d venture away from the main series and tell some new stories of their own, following different witchers in new lands.

Depends on what kind of remake it is. And the game I love (and I think it's fair to say there the king of remaking shit) Capcom's style of "reimangining that's faithful to the OG game but brings it up to a new level" kind of deal, but I also though the Demon's Souls Remake, a mostly 99 percent recreation (with insane graphical fidelity and a ton of Quality of life tweaks), I also loved. 

Games like Last of Us don't need remakes.

Witcher 1 is super outdated in my opinion, so i'm cautiously optimistic.