Roleplayer’s Off Ropic Thread #22

Balrog Didn’t Want a Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Balrog Didn’t Want a Poll

• So here it is.
    • Suck it.
    • Skyrim belongs to the Nords.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not a huge deal, I’ll just stick to noob weapons.

Though I feel like certain weapons literally need it like the energy sword to even function, or the gravity hammer

Even if guns don’t, I bet those will still have it. It was basically a feature of the weapon. Otherwise the lunging would be really weird.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

BTW there's been alot of drama in the Elder Scrolls modding community lately, especially with that Skyrim play together mod (whose pateron was making TEN THOUSAND dollars a month from fans) XD Apparently they stole code from SKSE and a bunch of other sketchy shit. 

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

How do you “steal code” from something that is free tho.

Because it's not free in that sense. You get free use of the mod, but the owners own the right to distribute it. When you download a mod, you don't own it, you just have the right to use it free of charge. You can't modify it unless they state you modified it, and even then you still have to say it's from SKSE. There's alot of legal mumbo jumbo but basically modders still own the mods they create. 

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Because it's not free in that sense. You get free use of the mod, but the owners own the right to distribute it. When you download a mod, you don't own it, you just have the right to use it free of charge. You can't modify it unless they state you modified it, and even then you still have to say it's from SKSE. There's alot of legal mumbo jumbo but basically modders still own the mods they create. 

I need to see where it says they own anything at all, because I’m fairly certain the only people that own any aspect of the game is Bethesda, including mods.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh great, lemme guess they'll be forced to discontinue the mod?

Good, last thing I want is Bethesda seeing that and trying to make TES 6 multiplayer.

Damage might be done already tho if they’re aware of the money already made off of it, and I’m sure they are.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I need to see where it says they own anything at all, because I’m fairly certain the only people that own any aspect of the game is Bethesda, including mods.

"Each Game Mod is owned by the developer of the Game Mod, subject to the licenses granted by the developer to ZeniMax as set forth in the Editor EULA."

https://bethesda.net/en/document/terms-of-service

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Good, last thing I want is Bethesda seeing that and trying to make TES 6 multiplayer.

Damage might be some already tho if they’re aware of the money already made off of it, and I’m sure they are.

https://www.patreon.com/skyrimtogether

fnoa8c2.png

Alot of idiots still donating despite the fact it's all tumbling down. 

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yeah, it strikes me as somewhat entitled to bitch about someone using shit that you developed using a creation kit.

It’s like you build a castle out of LEGOs and then get pissed because someone else sees it and builds an identical one. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, it strikes me as somewhat entitled to bitch about someone using shit that you developed using a creation kit.

It’s like you build a castle out of LEGOs and then get pissed because someone else sees it and builds an identical one. 

No it's taking your Lego bits from your castle , shoving them onto there castle and claiming it's their own.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

No it's taking your Lego bits from your castle , shoving them onto there castle and claiming it's their own.

Did they lose their resources because someone else copied them?

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Did they lose their resources because someone else copied them?

They didn't recreate the source code. They literally cut it out of SKSE, said it was their own (without saying were it was from), and acted like they did nothing wrong when caught, do you think that's okay? 

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"Each Game Mod is owned by the developer of the Game Mod, subject to the licenses granted by the developer to ZeniMax as set forth in the Editor EULA."

https://bethesda.net/en/document/terms-of-service

You further grant each user of the Services a non-exclusive license to access UGC and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such UGC as permitted through the Services, including, but not limited to, Game functionality.

^I.E. you own it, as in Zenimax cannot use your mods to profit off of it, but that isn’t stopping me from taking your user generated content and modifying it, making it mine.

And since you’re not allowed to profit from it anyway, you’d have no legal ground to stand on.

Its user generated content, it’s open season for anyone that wants it.

Is it shitty, a little shady, sure but all you can do is complain about it.

A better analogy for this would be artists using visual references from pictures and even other artists in their own work, which is also perfectly legal. People call them out on it all the time mainly when it’s done so lazily, like with TES legends but it’s still legal

Even if there is, that little excerpt from the terms of service I posted, and the ones I didn’t but you can read for yourself makes it clear user generated content is open season for users and user creators, so long as they’re not profiting off of it