Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #29

Dead Pool- Who will not make it through chapter 4? (choose 3)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Deadest Characters Edition

• General Gracchus Ceno
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • High King Baldur Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • King Theodore Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Nahfahlaan
    • Ubbe the Savage

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

He looked like a bitch sure, but an 80's bitch. When I look at the old one, my first thought isn't "Faggot" :rofl:

Ya know what? Tou fuckin che.

He looks like one a dem "lot lizards" XD Look like he knows how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

Chocolate flavored.

• Haha 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

My mistake, they didn't make Chani black, but they did make her like, 12. 

Another Look at Zendaya's DUNE Character and Her Weapon - Nerdist

Chani was young in the first one too tho. And if this was the only thing then I would give it a chance but Paul Atreides is a fucking Breton.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My mistake, they didn't make Chani black, but they did make her like, 12. 

Another Look at Zendaya's DUNE Character and Her Weapon - Nerdist

Chani was young in the first one too tho. And if this was the only thing then I would give it a chance but Paul Atreides is a fucking Breton.

Her actress is 23 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zendaya

Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman

31 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Paul Atreides was 15 in the original book. So it's already more faithful then that awful shit from the 80's

I haven’t read the book yet, but does it also describe him as looking like a sickly wimp? Because there are tons of stories with badass teenage protagonists who could take this kid’s lunch money. Robb Stark was 15 when he won his first victory against the Lannisters.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I haven’t read the book yet, but do they also describe him as looking like a sickly wimp? Because there are tons of stories with badass teenage protagonists who could take this kid’s lunch money.

Yes infact. He was described as being "very small for his age" in one of his first descriptions.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yes infact. He was described as "Very small for his age" in one of the first few lines of his description. 

Fair enough. Hard to imagine this guy being seen as like a messianic warlord though. Unless he grows up first. I know the overall story spans years, so I guess there is room for that. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I feel like Disney directed this movie man. 

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Her actress is 23 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zendaya

Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman

"She began her career as a child model and backup dancer, before gaining prominence for her role as Rocky Blue on the Disney Channel sitcom Shake It Up"

:rofl: 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fair enough. Hard to imagine this guy being seen as like a messianic warlord though. Unless he grows up first. I know the overall story spans years, so I guess there is room for that. 

That's the point, he starts off as a little princeling, and becomes a war leader in the span of decades XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

That's the point, he starts off as a little princeling, and becomes a war leader in the span of decades XD

Gotcha. Hopefully this actually happens in the show and they don’t make this kid someone we’re supposed to believe exudes power or authority. Because that’ll be a tough sale. XD 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Paul Atreides was 15 in the original book. So it's already more faithful then that awful shit from the 80's

Look, I didn't read the books and I honestly never gave a damn about super faithful book interpretations. I've ALWAYS been the one here saying "I don't care, the tv show version or movie version is better". I don't care how they described him in the books, he's supposed to be a badass, a messiah figure. This nigga made it rain on a desert planet.

This kid can't portray that, I'm calling it.

• Like 2

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

he's supposed to be a badass, a messiah figure. This nigga made it rain on a desert planet.

Yeah, I can’t see it either. Even if they are committed to making him a kid, it’s like they went with the weakest, softest looking nerd they could find while browsing high school chess clubs. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Look, I didn't read the books and I honestly never gave a damn about super faithful book interpretations. I've ALWAYS been the one here saying "I don't care, the tv show version or movie version is better". I don't care how they described him in the books, he's supposed to be a badass, a messiah figure. This nigga made it rain on a desert planet.

Well its an adaption of the books, not your shitty 80 movies XD

He starts out as a 15 year old kid who watches his entire family die, and his life taken away from him and then devolops into the legend he becomes over a storyline that spans decades. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There's only so much that they can do... if you ask me, its more effective making someone who already looks like he's at the end of that road look like he's not, then progress from there. Give him a gay haircut or some shit, then get rid of it, use physical acting to show lack of confidence, then get rid of that. You know, the Clark Kent effect.

But expecting the opposite of that is indeed as you said a very tough sale. Especially when the last Paul Atreides I saw was actually a grown ass man from the mini series.

It's not fair to compare exactly because its two different points in the story, but still, it's jarring.

And lol this is the icing on the cake:

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

"She began her career as a child model and backup dancer, before gaining prominence for her role as Rocky Blue on the Disney Channel sitcom Shake It Up"

:rofl: 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

There's only so much that they can do... if you ask me, its more effective making someone who already looks like he's at the end of that road look like he's not, then progress from there. Give him a gay haircut or some shit, then get rid of it, use physical acting to show lack of confidence, then get rid of that. You know, the Clark Kent effect.

Hopefully as he ages up they just get a new actor like Rome did with Augustus.