Soulsborne (And Sekiro and Shiet) Thread #5

What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

Another leak. This one is from the proven legit FROM insider.  

We were both wrong and right.

Game apparently takes a massive amount from Celtic, Gaelic and British Island folklore, very Arthurian with Scottish Mythology elements.  Blend of Dark and High Fantasy. Horrors of the Deep and Water.

beane.jpg

pc3a9ist-the-water-beast-of-irish-and-sc

the_kelpie_comes_to_visit_by_camelid-d3g

Super fucking cool theme. I've always wanted a Dark Fantasy Fey thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And it completely coincides with the earlier concept ark leak. This thing looks like a deranged fucking mermaid of some kind, very feyish/arthurian. 

t8uqcmB-e979.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hope it’s not a fixed character again. I’m looking forward to this one.

Thought you were enjoying Sekiro XD Hes a cool character. One off isn't a big deal to me. 

I am and I ain’t, like, it’s very well put together but I don’t feel like the character is mine. And for me, that played a big part in making me feel attached to the game. And what drove me to want to beat those games no matter how frustrated I got.

Because of my pride. That was me, my character. 

Sekiro, I never had that same drive, I’m not nearly as invested in this guy.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

102332-004-CB3B2FA0.jpg

https://gamerant.com/from-software-new-game-celtic-mythology-e3-2019/

https://segmentnext.com/2019/06/01/new-from-software-games-mythology-celtic-norse/

Other details from the leak.

-level design with larger levels and more interconnected world design
-deeper lore 
-fashion is back
-co-op and PvP is back
-has "old school inspirations"
-high fantasy/Arthruian 
-[early medieval] Britain and Scotland theme
-dark, deep ocean creatures like sirens
-more creativity in builds (not sure I interpreted it right?)
-more immersive, more room to play how players want

What ya'll think? Alot of potential certainly, Arthurian mythology is very cool, but it's usually done zero justice, and as a result has an outward appearance of being generic when it isn't. When you add to that the fey elements, the dark Gaelic and Celtic mythological stuff (which is super fucking creepy) With FROM's magic behind, I think it could be a super cool/unique setting, even moreso with Martin on board.  I really did want a Dark Fantasy/medieval game, and it seems like were getting with  unique and seldom seen aspects.  

• Like 2

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I thought you might be disappointed no Norse and Mayan XD Those would have been amazing, but this seems unique in it's own right too. 

This actually has me more excited than either of those. My only disappointment is that I can’t play until after Winds of Winter gets announced. XD 

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You keep saying that XD

You’ll know I’m serious when I actually buy one of these games and then wait 2 years to play it like I’ve done with Horizon and Prey :P. But this premise does sound more interesting to me and more up my alley than the other games. 

13 minutes ago, BTC said:

You’ll know I’m serious when I actually buy one of these games and then wait 2 years to play it like I’ve done with Horizon and Prey :P. But this premise does sound more interesting to me and more up my alley than the other games. 

Bloodborne is up your alley

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

That warm feeling when a dedicated gank squad with overleveled summons trys and fails to troll/gank me in cathedral of the deep.

Killed all his phantoms and blues at one point or another by myself, constantly outnumbered. To the point where I escaped every time I needed to through silvercat abd obscuring ring.

The host ended up summoning everyone back and just when I was about to charge back into the three of them, he pussies out to the boss.

Three players plus blues couldn't gank one fucking red by himself and pussies out even with resummons. What a wonderful feeling, I know the host blocked me too afterwards. <3

• Like 1