Soulsborne (And Sekiro and Shiet) Thread #5

What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

I wonder what constitutes what Beast you eventually become after becoming infected with the scourge. We have a little flavor text detailing that Healing Church Hunters became colossual beasts, but for what reason? What constitutes being turned into a Scourge Wolf, or an abomination like Paarl. 

tumblr_pdamdtSiUB1qjabr0o1_1280.jpg

The game is deeply intertwined with the Japanese concept of Kegare, spiritual corruption, uncleanness, and defilement. Perhaps the more corrupted your soul is, the fouler beast you become? And Darkbeasts are reserved for the most wicked. 

The game focuses so much an the Old Ones, I feel the Beast Scourge was less developed, and we know little about what was really behind it. 

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Perhaps the more corrupted your soul is, the fouler beast you become? And Darkbeasts are reserved for the most wicked. 

Ludwig became one of the worst beasts of them all, and as dangerous as he was, the man seemed as righteous as a hunter could be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ludwig became one of the worst beasts of them all, and as dangerous as he was, the man seemed as righteous as a hunter could be. 

Maybe it's the opposite then? Or maybe it's just random. But it seems to be connected in a weird way. Ludwig was a righteous Knight, his horse form being a mockery of that. 

Maybe it’s how much old blood you took, and how you took it. Ingestion vs a shot.

I remember the t-virus worked that way. Common infection lead to reanimation, but an injection to the brain tissue resulted in the Lickers. 

And there’s also insight, which leads to something entirely different in the case of Byrgenwerth.

I bet insight has the biggest thing to do with it. Though it seems like the less insight you have, the more beastlike you are.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Only going by the hunters that wear blindfolds for that assumption really, could be completely wrong but I read people’s play through s and they tend to favor the beast ones for the beast hunter play through s and said it was a role play thing

My hypothesis, much blood, no insight, or little insight, beast.

Much blood, much insight, like in the case of our hunters especially, or even just much insight and little blood... something else. Maybe those ones hold off the beast longer the more insight they have too. But that can lead to eldritch things down the line.

25 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Only going by the hunters that wear blindfolds for that assumption really, could be completely wrong but I read people’s play through s and they tend to favor the beast ones for the beast hunter play through s and said it was a role play thing

All the experienced hunters do that. But with mixed results. Durja is probably the most crazy sane person in Yharnam (only by comparison to everyone else) so maybe it helped him. But Father Lorgar...had mixed results. But his bestial form is pretty humanish (if freakishly large), so maybe it did protect him from insight. His human form even before he transforms have wolf-like features though. 

8 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I meant they prefer beast hunter characters for the low insight runs

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

QCrHn0Q.png

They are aware the reason why the Dark Sun is enacting his/her plan because of her immense loyalty to her father? Her/She is subservient to Gywn, a cis man.  

They are a hugely important figure in lore, and a person of great power and respect, but it's not because they were raised as a girl.