Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #29

Dead Pool- Who will not make it through chapter 4? (choose 3)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Deadest Characters Edition

• General Gracchus Ceno
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • High King Baldur Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • King Theodore Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Nahfahlaan
    • Ubbe the Savage

So they released the blackreach vanguard set for purchase, tho you could unlock it too via dailies. They were asking for anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000 in the chat before those were released XD I don’t think anyone paid that tho... or else they’re fuckin stupid.

Sets also pretty meh just like I figured tho I bet it’ll look good on a Dunmer. Chitin metal mix with some cloth and fur.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I just ran across a channel I used to love as a kid, was a Youtube Poop channel called DasBoSchitt. I didn't rewatch the old stuff but it was nice to remember how much I enjoyed the content, sadly I think said channel is dead. Hasn't posted for two years and four years since his last actual content. It's actually kinda sad seeing a liked childhood channel be dead, twas from a golden age of high quality shitposts. Rest in peace GmodIdiotBox, you were loved.

Fucking hell, I'm watching a recommended video on the worst to best CoD zombies maps and got reminded how much of a tone shift change from Black Ops 2 to 3 for zombies. You originally had the nazis and japanese experimenting with this mcguffin and unintentionally created zombies and shit. The maps from WaW were nightmarish and decrepit, Black Ops 1 had a great variety of settings ranging from WaW's theme style with Kino, to retro 60's pentagon (I still looooove Five to this day), decrepit and forlorn temple, and a nazi moon base. All the maps from WaW to Black Ops 1 thematically all fit together and were completely plausible considering the setting.

Then for Black Ops 2 zombies there was a tonal shift, but one that made sense and stuck with the original fun storyline. Everything minus Origins took place after the easter egg ending of Moon where you fucking nuke the earth and crack it open. Despite my misgivings about Die Rise, everything else fit very well together. This was still the zombies you grew up with and remember well, Buried was an amazing sendoff and easily the most fun of the maps involving the continued story. Mob of the Dead was completely lit and was absolutely perfect, was somewhat a part of the story and made a slight hint for the time travel subplot of Origins. Speaking of Origins this map took things to the brink without making you think "Fuck that, this ain't the zombies I remember." I think there was time travel involved that unintentionally changed the timeline and caused a zombie outbreak during ww1. It was an all around cool as shit setting, steampunk WW1 zombies was a great sendoff for the series and an end to the story.

Theeeeeeen comes Black Ops 3 with fucking demons and dragons, aliens and shit. This was a complete tonal change away from everything I remember from WaW through Black Ops 2. 3 and 4 have some fun maps and all but it was so outlandish. Zombies went from a nightmarescape hellpit of WaW to a cohesive and still dark story of Black Ops 1 then finished with the end of the world in Black Ops 2, with some introduction of time travel that didn't fix everything but prevented the total destruction of earth.

And now that I finished, I think to myself, what a wonderful wor- No why the fuck did I write out several paragraphs about CoD zombies?! :rofl:

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

And now that I finished, I think to myself, what a wonderful wor- No why the fuck did I write out several paragraphs about CoD zombies?! :rofl:

I was wondering the same. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I was wondering the same. XD 

Probably because CoD zombies was a huge part of my childhood. Not having internet meant that was my go to mode outside of campaign. I used to have so much fun with split screen zombies with my childhood friend.

• Like 1

If I had to make a personal list of my map rankings it'd be this.

WaW: Der Riese, Verrukt, Shrek's Japanese Swamp, The OG.

Black Ops 1: Moon, Kino, Five, Ascension, Call of the Dead, Shangri La.

Black Ops 2: Origins, Mob of the Dead, Buried, Tranzit, Nuketown, Die Rise (Aka exactly how Hong Kong feels right now).

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What are antiquities in eso?

basically relics. First you scry for rare items after getting leads, some repeatable, others you find, then you locate them, then you excavate them. Scrying and excavating got their own skill lines and are little minigames basically, and there's also bonus loot at the dig site.

I wasn't even trying to grind for cash and got 43,000 gold in a day, and that's at the early stage where the items aren't as valuable.

Also got a snow elf throne for the crib XD Because fuck them elves, Skyrim Belongs to the Nords!

84b1d7acd98a9140eca819873fdab55a5ae68f98

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

basically relics. First you scry for rare items after getting leads, some repeatable, others you find, then you locate them, then you excavate them. Scrying and excavating got their own skill lines and are little minigames basically, and there's also bonus loot at the dig site.

I wasn't even trying to grind for cash and got 43,000 gold in a day, and that's at the early stage where the items aren't as valuable.

Also got a snow elf throne for the crib XD Because fuck them elves, Skyrim Belongs to the Nords!

84b1d7acd98a9140eca819873fdab55a5ae68f98

So are antiquities only for furnishings? Or are there arms and armor too?

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Sweet ass armor by the way, what's the torso piece?

Thats from the silver dawn set, werewolf hunters ironically enough XD I love my sword thane but that set is mean. Love it. 

So I mixed them. Also has less hair clipping issues, and works really well with the helmet.

19 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So are antiquities only for furnishings? Or are there arms and armor too?

I just dipped my toe in despite grinding it all day lol but I just started getting to the good shit. There's furnishings, mounts, armor, armor motifs, all kinds of shit, and it's all new content to the game.

That's why I obsessed with it all day, plus lore stuffs. They also added some new face and body paints. I got one for dwemer so you know that means its getting shelved forever.

I'm mainly looking for lore, ancient nord armors we saw in the data mine, which is actually nicer updated versions of the nord armors in vanilla and high def.

Mounts would be dank too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats from the silver dawn set, werewolf hunters ironically enough XD

When fashion souls is more important than the lore :rofl:

I do love the theory that the Silver Hand originally split from the Companions but I guess ESO just made that theory defunct considering the timeline.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I just dipped my toe in despite grinding it all day lol but I just started getting to the good shit. There's furnishings, mounts, armor, armor motifs, all kinds of shit, and it's all new content to the game.

That's why I obsessed with it all day, plus lore stuffs. They also added some new face and body paints. I got one for dwemer so you know that means its getting shelved forever.

I'm mainly looking for lore, ancient nord armors we saw in the data mine, which is actually nicer updated versions of the nord armors in vanilla and high def.

Mounts would be dank too.

Gotta see the ancient Nordic arms, I'm look that up.