Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

9 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I was about to yell at you for not commenting when I could see you looking at the post lmao.

Hide contents

it wasn’t twice in one day, it was over 4 days lol I think I put that in there…. I hope I put that in there…. Well anyway lmao. Warm or cold was a direct reference to Mandalorian tho. I original wrote “we can do this the easy way, or the hard way” and then I went back later and changed it. I was hoping I paced and worded everything well enough. I’m extremely rusty and literally banged this out of 4 hours. And not gonna lie, I got the idea for having the armor from F76:sick: with their implementation of it as the Charleston PD armor and from a F4 mod I have that detectives the F4NV Ranger Armor to be Boston PD armor.

Gotta give me time. I read slow, look back a lot, and like to give a good response. XD 

You did put it in there. I just had a brain fart. "Twice in one hunt" is what I should've said. I do think it's funny that he was saved both times by his guns, rifle as a shield and trusty loyal revolver refusing to betray its owner. :P 

My only issue with that armor in 76 is that the duster is clearly only part of it for branding. Makes sense that the riot gear would be found elsewhere in the States, but the desert duster is a little silly in Appalachia. Still, can't deny it's stylish as hell and suits Patton considering he's from San Antone.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Gotta give me time. I read slow, look back a lot, and like to include a lot in my comments on it. XD 

Hide contents

You did. I just had a brain fart. "Twice in one hunt" is what I should've said. I do think it's funny that he was saved both times by his guns, rifle as a shield and trusty loyal revolver refusing to betray its owner. :P 

My only issue with that armor in 76 is that the duster is clearly only part of it for branding. Makes sense that the riot gear would be found elsewhere in the States, but the desert duster is a little silly in Appalachia. Still, can't deny it's stylish as hell and suits Patton considering he's from San Antone.

yeah, having the duster is a little on the nose, but it’s basically a requirement lmao. Could you imagine that armor with out it :rofl: as I was reading, and figuring out where I was, and thinking of ideas the only thing that was constant was “It’s been 5 years, Patton is outdated, his equipment is outdated, and Ranger/riot armor = cool” so he will be getting a new rifle soon enough. And im 99.9999% sure it won’t be a lever gun

as for the luck, you right, but at the same time you know in the games luck isn’t constant sometimes it happens sometimes it don’t. I think we can let a lucky streak side considering I just raised him from a 5 year coma

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

13 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I also went and updated my Character Sheets, didn’t make any major changes just made appearance tweaks, tweaked their ages a bit, and updated the equipment for Boone Patton

Last post on last page since, so it don’t get buried

Fuck:dntknw:

9 minutes ago, Centurion said:

having the duster is a little on the nose, but it’s basically a requirement lmao. Could you imagine that armor with out it 

Honestly? Done right, it would still look badass as hell.

3c97a46b90d1e627c1d1d949cf5272be.jpg

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Hide contents

yeah, having the duster is a little on the nose, but it’s basically a requirement lmao. Could you imagine that armor with out it :rofl: as I was reading, and figuring out where I was, and thinking of ideas the only thing that was constant was “It’s been 5 years, Patton is outdated, his equipment is outdated, and Ranger/riot armor = cool” so he will be getting a new rifle soon enough. And im 99.9999% sure it won’t be a lever gun

as for the luck, you right, but at the same time you know in the games luck isn’t constant sometimes it happens sometimes it don’t. I think we can let a lucky streak side considering I just raised him from a 5 year coma

It was more just an observation than a criticism. If he’d had 3 Luck, I might’ve been more ehhh about it. :lol: As it is, I totally understand where you’re coming from, looking to revamp him a bit considering how long it’s been and how much you and your ideas for him have likely changed over the years.

All-in-all, I dig it. And can’t wait to see what he gets into next. 

• Like 1

Just now, Centurion said:

Here’s hoping I just breathed some life back into this rp :ranger:

Here here!

Certainly have for me. I’ve been in a lull for years at this point. But @TheCzarsHussar and I are back onto the South Union stuff now, and I’m hoping we can finally crest that particular hill and start progressing the larger conflict again. 

• Like 1

I’ll be taking over Ogawa as needed. Not ideal, but he’s too important to sweep under the rug. I’ve also created some additional BoS characters to fill the void somewhat.

Lawrence and co will probably just be relegated to background roles in places they would reasonably show up. It’s a massive shame that we probably won’t ever get to see BT’s story for them play out, but was is his baby so I’m not touching it.

• Like 1

@TheCzarsHussar @BigBossBalrog @Centurion @Witchking of Angmar

We’ve talked about this before in the TES RP, but who would y’all cast to play your Fallout RP characters?

Mine:

Kevin Costner as Gregory Thatch

25bc37789bb9025b046927113c71c61b.jpg

Matt Barr as Josiah Thatch

2a125c57e4c4748a727ef4efb9a2453b--sleepy

Anna Torv as Julie Gillard/"Big Max"

Tess-TLOU.jpg?resize=1000,600
the-last-of-us-character-tess-1920x1080.

Cliff Curtis as Felix

fdfb28bb88a6b985bc1ac2f8475e8fd8.jpg

Jeffry Pierce as Tristan Thatch

MV5BMTgxY2I1NDYtZjIzNS00YmMwLTk0NTYtZmRl

Alicia Clark as Alyssa Thatch

9c7ee1cb76c3d122d1ec7cfe4b834745.jpg

Max Deacon as Elijah Thatch

114320d597ca1702853cdce4e008e514.jpg
hatfields-mccoys-lg.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar @BigBossBalrog @Centurion @Witchking of Angmar

We’ve talked about this before in the TES RP, but who would y’all cast to play your Fallout RP characters?

Mine:

Hide contents

Kevin Costner as Gregory Thatch

25bc37789bb9025b046927113c71c61b.jpg

Matt Barr as Josiah Thatch

2a125c57e4c4748a727ef4efb9a2453b--sleepy

Anna Torv as Julie Gillard/"Big Max"

Tess-TLOU.jpg?resize=1000,600
the-last-of-us-character-tess-1920x1080.

Cliff Curtis as Felix

fdfb28bb88a6b985bc1ac2f8475e8fd8.jpg

Karl Urban as Tristan Thatch

CoNR8hSUIAAvwt2.jpg:large
4bc67490a2af64fb168e52a73b231ca6.png

Alicia Clark as Alyssa Thatch

9c7ee1cb76c3d122d1ec7cfe4b834745.jpg

Max Deacon as Elijah Thatch

114320d597ca1702853cdce4e008e514.jpg
hatfields-mccoys-lg.jpg

An old John Hurt as Sunburnt Sully.

John_Hurt_Cannes_2013.JPG

I'll have to give it some thought to think of good actors for Nodenoch and Sinbad.,

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Tyrone Power Sr as Sinbad of the Third Tribe.

Ddewrs4VMAENfoz.jpg

The other two feel perfect but I have a harder time seeing this one. XD I think it’s because his frame is just completely different from what’s the art you linked of your inspirations for Sinbad’s Reaver getup. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

The other two feel perfect but I have a harder time seeing this one. XD I think it’s because his frame is just completely different from what’s the art you linked of your inspirations for Sinbad’s Reaver getup. 

The Reavers of old were sedentary, Sinbad's generation and those of his father's were entirely wastelanders. Techno-barbarian raiders XD

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Reavers of old were sedentary, Sinbad's generation and those of his father's were entirely wastelanders. Techno-barbarian raiders XD

Which is why I always pictured him being fitter, like in the art on his CS. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which is why I always pictured him being fitter, like in the art on his CS. 

Oh yeah he's be way fitter, just that he was the one actor that came to mind.

Big imposing figure with a rough face.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

And younger looking at only 31. :lol: 

Definitely too old though XD

• Like 1

I changed Karl Urban to Jeffrey Pierce for Tristan. He looks much closer to a 50-something-year-old Costner in age and appearance, and fits better as his brother. Just gotta darken the beard so it’s less white.

Plus, I love Karl Urban but I wouldn’t be able to get Billy Butcher out of my head. XD Pierce is more rugged and stands out less.