Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

• 4 months later...

@BigBossBalrog 

Finished. I’m feeling a little blue-balled right now. XD Why’d you split the post? I don’t want John to end up in mid-adventure limbo like Avitus!

I do have some questions about John’s tech level. Namely O’Malley. Is that supposed to be an actual A.I. or an artificial personality like most the other robots in Fallout?

Because true blue A.I. is supposed to be obscenely rare in this world. Like, they’re only ever found in computers the size of buildings owned by Vault Tech or the US Government.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog 

Hide contents

Finished. I’m feeling a little blue-balled right now. XD Why’d you split the post? I don’t want John to end up in mid-adventure limbo like Avitus!

I do have some questions about John’s tech level. Namely O’Malley. Is that supposed to be an actual A.I. or an artificial personality like most the other robots in Fallout?

Because true blue A.I. is supposed to be obscenely rare in this world. Like, they’re only ever found in computers the size of buildings owned by Vault Tech or the US Government.

The second post is semi-nearlyish done 

XD I just thought I needed to post it cause I kept changing stuff for the more action heavy parts of the attack. Don't worry, should have done by next month.

O'Malley is an AI template that's been heavily modified by John to resemble an angry Scottish man XD He has his roots in a scientific helper, but John's heavily expanded him from his original coding when he was in the Brotherhood, as a pet propjet.  He's not a true artificial person, and he was built from an existing personality, but he's pretty unique. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Witchking of Angmar Would you ever care to make more of those Vault Boy styled character drawings? I’d be more than happy to Paypal some money your way to get a few of my characters other than Gregory.

As much as I'd like to charge for my art, it wouldn't feel right for you here. So if you want anything, just tell what you want, perhaps with an already existing perk or such as a base reference. No promises on when I'll get it done though.

• Thanks 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

As much as I'd like to charge for my art, it wouldn't feel right for you here. So if you want anything, just tell what you want, perhaps with an already existing perk or such as a base reference. No promises on when I'll get it done though.

Thanks. And no worries, I’ve got no reason to be in a hurry for them.

For Josey, I’d like something similar to the Mysterious Stranger perk image with the stance and the gun behind his back. But with no hat, a normal jacket instead of a trench coat, and his left hand in a pocket instead of holding a cigar.

I’ll soon be introducing a couple of new BoS characters to pick up the slack in that area now that BT is gone. I’ll probably want some for them too if you don’t mind.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 1 year later...

@Witchking of Angmar

Last John post

im be real honest, reading again I had no idea wtf was going on but that’s just due to how long it has been since I read anything in the fallout rp, but I liked the characterization of John in this post and I’m curious where mark has run off to and when he is going to surface again. The growing conflict between the BoS and the various rebels groups is awesome to read and I find it much more interesting than the relatively unaligned posts so this was breath of fresh air being the first post I read again for the rp
  • Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

@BigBossBalrog

Reveal hidden contents

my man, my Darkened Archer, how you gonna have an epic post about stealth combat go incomplete for a year. Good post. The combat was easy and entertaining to follow

Thanks XD Sorry about that, once I finish my major writing project and Sutch stuff, I'll get to it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Centurion said:

@BigBossBalrog

Hide contents

my man, my Darkened Archer, how you gonna have an epic post about stealth combat go incomplete for a year. Good post. The combat was easy and entertaining to follow

You’re talking to the guy whose Legion character has been stranded in the Jerall Mountains since 2017. XD 

While I’m throwing shade, @ColonelKillaBee’s last Hammerfell post ended midway through a sword fight that we still don’t know the results of!

• Haha 2

@Centurion That was a really fun read! The action was very well-paced and suspenseful, with lots of punch to it. The general quality of your writing has only gotten better over the years.

And it's good to read some Fallout again!

No way Patton's only got 6 Luck, though. His life was saved twice in one day hunt by inanimate objects, then he stumbled on a cache of high tier armor! That's some 9 Luck shit right there! XD That armor will more than make up for the loss of his rifle and his failure to secure the large bounty for bringing Tom alive. The mask alone has gotta be super valuable. I liked the final line that you ended with the post with, with Patton admiring that he is now a spitting image of the badass New Vegas cover art. 

And methinks somebody's been watching Mandalorian. "warm or cold" indeed. :lol: But Patton has already done more bounty hunting in a few posts than Mando in three seasons, which is great because that shit is fun and you do it well.

With how it's paced, I feel like this post would make a great comic issue. Or just Patton's bounty hunting in general, really.

Edited by The Good Doctor
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion That was a really fun read! The action was very well-paced and suspenseful, with lots of punch to it. The general quality of your writing has only gotten better over the years.

Hide contents

No way Patton's only got 6 Luck, though. His life was saved twice in one day by inanimate objects, then he stumbled on a cache of high tier armor! That's some 9 Luck shit right there! XD That armor will more than make up for the loss of his rifle and his failure to secure the large bounty for bringing Tom alive. The mask alone has gotta be super valuable. I liked the final line that you ended with the post with, with Patton admiring that he is now a spitting image of the New Vegas cover art. 

And methinks somebody's been watching Mandalorian. "warm or cold" indeed. :lol: But Patton has already done more bounty hunting in a few posts than Mando in three seasons, which is great because that shit is fun and you do it well.

With how it's paced, I feel like this post would make a great comic issue. Or just Patton's bounty hunting in general, really.

I was about to yell at you for not commenting when I could see you looking at the post lmao.

it wasn’t twice in one day, it was over 4 days lol I think I put that in there…. I hope I put that in there…. Well anyway lmao. Warm or cold was a direct reference to Mandalorian tho. I original wrote “we can do this the easy way, or the hard way” and then I went back later and changed it. I was hoping I paced and worded everything well enough. I’m extremely rusty and literally banged this out of 4 hours. And not gonna lie, I got the idea for having the armor from F76:sick: with their implementation of it as the Charleston PD armor and from a F4 mod I have that detectives the F4NV Ranger Armor to be Boston PD armor.
  • Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw: