Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

@BTC

“I also located the detective who took the pictures,” Sterling said. “I suspect he kept the negatives, so I’ll find and take those.”

Starting here, this post had me tensed. Man, Sterling is a scary motherfucker. I did not expect him to cross paths with Lawrence so early. That was a great scene. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Well that was a lot of interesting stuff.

I already knew about Big Max - one of the benefits with pestering Doc with questions. :P But it was interesting to see her interact with Gregory. It was also nice to see the cheery personality of her daughter and how well Josiah got on with them all. But most interesting of all though was the peek on Gregory's final goals regarding the BoS and how it may cause conflict with the others later on. 

Also nice to see Sterling get into some conflict with Lawrence. He certainly works fast as I hadn't expected him to get anywhere near the films until at least a couple of posts later. Though I'm a bit curious how useful they will be. I doubt attending bloody arena fights is that illegal and wouldn't net you anything worse than a short prison sentence or just a fine. I get the feeling Patricia's husband killed himself more out of sense of shame than any fear of serious consequences. Something I don't think most people in those pictures will necessarily share. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BTC

Hide contents

“I also located the detective who took the pictures,” Sterling said. “I suspect he kept the negatives, so I’ll find and take those.”

Starting here, this post had me tensed. Man, Sterling is a scary motherfucker. I did not expect him to cross paths with Lawrence so early. That was a great scene. 

3 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Well that was a lot of interesting stuff.

Hide contents

I already knew about Big Max - one of the benefits with pestering Doc with questions. :P But it was interesting to see her interact with Gregory. It was also nice to see the cheery personality of her daughter and how well Josiah got on with them all. But most interesting of all though was the peek on Gregory's final goals regarding the BoS and how it may cause conflict with the others later on. 

Also nice to see Sterling get into some conflict with Lawrence. He certainly works fast as I hadn't expected him to get anywhere near the films until at least a couple of posts later. Though I'm a bit curious how useful they will be. I doubt attending bloody arena fights is that illegal and wouldn't net you anything worse than a short prison sentence or just a fine. I get the feeling Patricia's husband killed himself more out of sense of shame than any fear of serious consequences. Something I don't think most people in those pictures will necessarily share. 

Thanks both of y’all!

Originally I was going to have Lawrence find the pictures and film missing, with some vaguely threatening note left behind, but that didn’t really seem like it fit Sterling’s MO. Plus, it’s not nearly as fun as a conversation. 

It actually was the fear of consequences that led him to kill himself. He was afraid of what the Brotherhood might do even though he didn’t really have any need to be. I think it would’ve been more than a slap on the wrist if it was publicized since they were watching people murder each other for sport. Pretty much forcing them to do it too. That seems to go against the Brotherhood’s whole civilizing idyllic image. 

I forgot to comment about Gregory’s vague allusions to his goals, which definitely has me interested too. That has to lead to some sort of conflict, I’d bet

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

It actually was the fear of consequences that led him to kill himself. He was afraid of what the Brotherhood might do even though he didn’t really have any need to be. I think it would’ve been more than a slap on the wrist if it was publicized since they were watching people murder each other for sport. Pretty much forcing them to do it too. That seems to go against the Brotherhood’s whole civilizing idyllic image. 

I think you can still put up a decent defense like saying that killings were rare and the combatants were volunteers since they were drug addicts from a slum where people usually stabbed each other for the next fix. It would still paint you in a bad light for enjoying blood sport but you would at least have an alibi for not being complicit in murder. So just attending would probably leave you in a legal grey area. 

Considering all the chaos that ensued when the building burned down, he couldn’t have known how much information the Brotherhood or security has access to. There is a good chance that any number of survivors could’ve been questioned and told the truth of what was going down.

Kidnapping, slavery, and murder is no joke. If not for the BoS coverup, he would’ve been legally screwed and his reputation would’ve been ruined.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

At this point, there are too many damn redheads in the RP for some of them not to turn out to be the same person. XD 

Not that lots of redheads is ever a problem, am I right @ColonelKillaBee? :P 

Fe=Iron. He’s just Boldir after he invents transuniversal flight in chapter 5 of the TES RP. That’s why he’s so scary.

So you’re saying I don’t gotta change my CS?

B8E422FB-4EF3-4D0E-A124-2290D77ECBE5.thumb.jpeg.8745a8fa86893366562b83e8fce7c77a.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

• 2 weeks later...

I read Czar’s post several days ago so sorry for the delay in comments

I did not expect Sinbad to show up and immediately get roped into the rebel and Brotherhood fight, especially not by Gregory’s own brother. That is a surprising but very interesting development. I don’t know what the job they might use him for that isn’t the South Union one, but that has me intrigued as well. Sinbad’s tribal perspective remains unique and funny, so I’m curious to see how he views everything in Wellstone.

Side note, I’m curious how the hospitallers came to be friends with the Thatches. That’s a relationship that has me curious too.

Good post y’all!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

The Sheriff

Hide contents

The Texans seems to have rare strong sense of justice given how they reacted to the fotos getting stolen. I'm curious where that will lead them since neither side in the conflict is much of the "lawful good" variety. 

You're right about their sense of justice, though it's stronger in some than in others. But threatening one of their group is going to rile them all up, even if they are smart enough to know there's nothing they can do. But yeah, if and when they get involved in the conflict, it's going to involve some long discussions and be no easy thing.

On your Richard post, it's nice to finally get a look inside the Studios. I look forward to seeing more of that. And I've enjoyed Richard's travels around the city through his post office job. It's been a good way to showcase a lot of different aspects of the city. And he's met some very interesting people along the way

17 hours ago, BTC said:

On your Richard post, it's nice to finally get a look inside the Studios. I look forward to seeing more of that. And I've enjoyed Richard's travels around the city through his post office job. It's been a good way to showcase a lot of different aspects of the city. And he's met some very interesting people along the way

I've also had some other places I wanted to show him visiting but couldn't figure out a good enough and interesting angle for. Such as the Tower Market or the Emerald Garden. Reason I think this one worked is because Felicia is going to be a bit of a recurring character and I felt I needed this conversation to happen. 

As for the Alan post I got to say that even if Doc hadn't hinted at it before in a discussion I have to say that those Black Knights are unmistakably the creation of Balrog. Odd group and I'm curious why they ritually scar themselves. I figure that would be something considered tribal and thus something the BoS would frown upon. 

On the whole though I think it'll be interesting to see where this three-way rivalry between the Paladin Lord, Inquisitor and Black Knights will go. I feel there's a lot more potential for alliances and backstabbing now that there's three parties involved. 

Other than that it was nice and interesting to get a look into the corruption and workings of the Wellstone police force. 

• Like 2

@Witchking of Angmar I'm glad my certain brand edginess has a distinctive flavor that you can tell XD I proposed the initial concept, but both Doc and BT helped polished the idea.  Might as well post the group's CS. 

Order of the Black Knights (Known, in fear, as the Elder's Executioners) Formerly the Order of the White Stallion. 

Faction: Brotherhood of Steel (Fanatically loyal to the Elders specifically.) 

Numbers: Not known by anyone but the Elders, but believed to be twenty-thirty strong 

Leader: Paladin-Commander Agamemnon Winters

Equipment: Special forces Combat Armour, painted Black (which is done after a initiate to the order goes through a series of rituals and trials). Black Ballistic Helmets, with an integrated Gas Mask that doubles with Night Vision and Infrared lenses for night infiltrations. While arms vary from Knight to Knight, they have a fondness for custom Silenced R91 assault rifles, nicknamed "Infiltrators", Serrated Steel Combat Knives, Rippers, and their snipers always use Anti Material Rifles. Carries flash bangs, anti personal grenades, and any other explosive required for the mission. Makes heavy use of Stealth Boys, and as such, take antidepressants regularly to counter the long term effects. They have access to Power armor (and each Black Knight is trained in it’s use) but rarely use it, besides when heavy fighting is going to be unavoidable.

Background: Whilst the High Elder Barnaky rules the Brotherhood within his vault, the secondary leaders, the Elders of the Brotherhood, are still in prominence within their fortress at Chicago, leading and conducting many day to day affairs beneath the High Elder.  Whilst loyal, and subordinate to the High Elder , many of the Elders contemplated the possibility of their interests no longer being represented with...a person like the High Elder now in charge of the Brotherhood. With his influence like an infectious tendril, fanaticism, adoration, and even divine-like awe soon filled and swelled the Brotherhood's growing army towards their Immortal General, and there worries were soon realized.

Fearing the possibility of their power being even further reduced with the growing prominence of the High Elder's handpicked Inquisitors, the Elders gathered to them, their most loyal knights and Paladins, and organised them into a single fighting force of elite Brotherhood soldiers, the Order of the White Stallion. Their purpose being the blade of the Elders made manifest they would answer only to them, and them alone. During the war with the MLA, the Order served with distinction, being used for solo infiltration, sabotage, assassination, and anything deemed important enough for the Order to be committed...until the Scourging happened. 

A particularly disciplined, and savage warband of Super Mutants had occupied the ruins of a large church, Saint Faquoa, and fortified the area around it. Infamous for their use of Burners and Heavy Incinerators, the Mutant repelled several attempts to seize the Church by the Brotherhood, until the Order was sent in. They managed to take the Church, but at horrifying costs, more then half of the Knights sent were killed, roasted alive by the Super Mutant's flames. After their rebirth in the fall of Saint Faquoa, they survivors painted their scorched armor black, being both figuratively and literally burned by the Incinerators of the Mutant army, and declared themselves Black Knights of the Brotherhood to honor their fallen. Whilst always prejudiced, the Knights developed a burning hatred of all mutant-kind, and became fanatically devoted to following the orders of their elder.  Currently, under the strict command of the Elders of Chicago, the now Black Knights have been committed to the growing rise of insurgency within Brotherhood held territory.  

Specialty: Counter Insurgency, Counter Guerrilla Operations, Sabotage, Extermination, Assassination, practically anything clandestine 

The reason they ritually burn themselves is to "relive" their rebirth through flame in the Mutant Wars. It's also done to show dedicated and courage to the Brotherhood of Steel. In contrast, actually, Doctor has emphasised to me this Brotherhood of Steel is more tribal then it's counterparts (as much of it's common foot soldiers and ranks are taken from subjected tribes) so I wanted to show the the Black Knights as more uniformed and organised, but still keeping to that theme.  

• Like 1

@BTC

Finally got around to reading the first half of the Lawrence post that Witch and I joined in towards the end. 

Great stuff, as always. Your posts are a joy to read even when not much happens, just from the prose and character thoughts alone. I really like the comradery between the Yellow Rose crew, and it was cool seeing Lawrence detail one by one how they would be useful to Clara in different ways.

• Thanks 1

@Witchking of Angmar

Richard post

I liked seeing the Studios, finally, and Mike Bush in particular. That brief little interaction was hilarious. XD I also got a kick out of Felisha pretending like she didn’t realize what she’d done when she called him a wastelander, just because that is such a believable thing for someone like her to do.

The fun thing about Richard is how damn out of place he feels in the city. Compared to most other characters, he is very uninvolved in any of the events going on and seems the most consistently surprised by the way things work. The guy just wants to make some money. :lol: Course, there is the whole mystery of his past, his mercenary days, and whatnot, but none of it seems to have driven him to becoming a particularly opinionated individual. Makes one wonder where he will land when the city conflict heats up.

People like him, Yellow Rose, Sully, and Boone could all find lots of opportunities to get sucked into shit they didn’t bargain for, or they could take advantage of them. Who knows?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Witchking of Angmar

Richard post

I liked seeing the Studios, finally, and Mike Bush in particular. That brief little interaction was hilarious. XD I also got a kick out of Felisha pretending like she didn’t realize what she’d done when she called him a wastelander, just because that is such a believable thing for someone like her to do.

She is also rather fun to play as she's not very nice and can be somewhat self absorbed but I still think isn't a bad person. 

41 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The fun thing about Richard is how damn out of place he feels in the city. Compared to most other characters, he is very uninvolved in any of the events going on and seems the most consistently surprised by the way things work. The guy just wants to make some money. :lol: Course, there is the whole mystery of his past, his mercenary days, and whatnot, but none of it seems to have driven him to becoming a particularly opinionated individual. Makes one wonder where he will land when the city conflict heats up.

People like him, Yellow Rose, Sully, and Boone could all find lots of opportunities to get sucked into shit they didn’t bargain for, or they could take advantage of them. Who knows?

We'll see where he falls. I think he's a bit of a wild card for the conflict at large given how he's mostly out for himself. Would be interested to see where the Yellow Rose falls in relation to him though given that they are friends (or at least very good acquaintances). 

@BTC @BigBossBalrog

Finished the latest post. 

I expected a larger number of Black Knights but just based on their first appearance, the few who are here seem like they will be quite a threat. I’m excited to see them in action. :D Like Witch, I’m also interested by the potential animosity they bring as representatives of the Elders instead of Barnaky.

Watching Clara interact with all these different characters is actually very amusing knowing who she is. She has Alan and seemingly even Sterling completely fooled and as a rebel, I think it’s awesome. 

All in all, this was a good post for introducing the BKs and for laying out the BoS’s upcoming plans.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I still am a bit behind on the Fallout rp, just a few posts, but because it looks like both my boys are going to be anti Brotherhood. So I got approval and went to work on a new character as a brotherhood grunt. I don't know how to introduce him though, if any of y'all are planning to include background brotherhood in a post, I'd be much obliged if y'all have any good ideas or posts including background Brotherhood soldiers.

CS has been up in the resource page. :)

• Like 1

I don’t have any BoS characters myself, and my next two posts won’t really include the BoS at all except for a brief snippet from Alan's POV. But it’s already written and wouldn’t be a great spot to introduce a new character anyhow.

Someone else may have something more fitting for you to work with, but if not, PM me next weekend and we’ll see if we can come up with something. :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I still am a bit behind on the Fallout rp, just a few posts, but because it looks like both my boys are going to be anti Brotherhood. So I got approval and went to work on a new character as a brotherhood grunt. I don't know how to introduce him though, if any of y'all are planning to include background brotherhood in a post, I'd be much obliged if y'all have any good ideas or posts including background Brotherhood soldiers.

CS has been up in the resource page. :)

Well Matt’s squad members drop like flys soooo

• Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Isn't Matt in an highly skilled, elite division? Lol, Zodiac ain't fit for that anywhere yet. Take a look at his CS if you don't believe me.

I wouldn’t say “elite” But in terms you’d understand, Zodiac is a conscript and Matt is a professional soldier with the ability to go elite currently. His squad works essentially as the Lord Paladins reaction force. So they rarely do regular patrols, just train for specific missions or respond to highly coordinated attacks like in the park with the robot

• Like 2

Fuck:dntknw: