Soulsborne Thread#2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s honestly pretty tricky. It’s basically a hidden side quest. Most important part is pretty obvious. Don’t climb up there and kill him. Just learn to evade his Gatling gunfire if you’re gonna hang around the area.

Here’s the step by step.

Reveal hidden contents

What you’ve gotta do is kill the Cathedral boss, Vicar Amelia. And activate the skull on the pedestal behind her. It’ll trigger a world event.

Once that is over, you’ve gotta get “killed” by one of the new enemies that appears after the event. Specifically, the creepy tall guys with bags over their shoulders. There is now one hiding around he corner of the Cathedral lamp area with all the friendliest. He will drag you to a prison cell.

Leave the cell (optional, but you can befriend and save an NPC in this area if you wear church clothes while speaking to her) and meet the boss of this area. You don’t have to kill him, and you probably won’t. You’ve just gotta encounter him.

Now go back to Old Yharnam. The guy will no longer shoot at you, but if he sees you kill any of the beasts in the area, he’ll start shooting again. So the trick is to open all the doors during your first visit while he’s hostile so you can avoid the enemies. Or just run by them.

Now you can climb the ladder and he’ll invite you to join the Powder Keg Hunters for all the trouble. Plus he’s got some interesting dialogue. 

Wow dude i'm remembering something wrong then. Been awhile since I did the befriend path. 

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Then he definitely lives. As far as I'm concerned, outsider means I could be american too, and that's what I'm sticking with. 

When I say the Powder Kegs are the Americans, I mean it’s because theyre the guys who love guns and explosives, and even rig their melee weapons up to be hilariously OP and mechanical. 

The other hunters don’t like PKs very much, and they give reasons for it, but we all know it’s just because they’re jealous of how fucking awesome we are and they wish they had all these cool toys. 

Their introduction is a guy teaming up with lost beasts and shooting a Gatling gun at you. Murica!

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

When I say the Powder Kegs are the Americans, I mean it’s because theyre the guys who love guns and explosives, and even rig their melee weapons up to be hilariously OP and mechanical. 

The other hunters don’t like PKs very much, and they give reasons for it, but we all know it’s just because they’re jealous of how fucking awesome we are and they wish they had all these cool toys. 

Their introduction is a guy teaming up with lost beasts and shooting a Gatling gun at you. Murica!

The dude is also a fucking crackpot whose defending a bunch of savage monsters who attack you at sight and has flown the coup considering the fact it's his job to kill beasts XD

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Lol, he’s already basically dressed how I like to be for the whole game. That outfit and the other variant of it are my two favorites. 

I was going to use the hunter set but I instantly fell in love with Henryk's set. It was fitting of the theme but had its own thing going.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

The skeptical man. His suspicion keeps him sane. ;)

I disagree. He is paranoid to the point of insanity or close enough. He cannot be convinced to trust the most blatantly trustworthy person around even if saved and given everything by them.

Sure, he holds together better than some, but hes definitely a little crazy. 

• Like 1