Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #27

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Terrible People Edition

• King Theodore Adrard
    • Prince Roland Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Asgen Tyne
    • Faida Tyne
    • Dryston Winvale
    • Morane Lynielle
    • Dame LaViolette
    • Earl Inwold Dalomax

38 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

How awesome was it to see

Reveal hidden contents

Mother fucking Death Troopers from Rogue One back 

XD

andreas-bazylewski-death-trooper-art.jpg

Extremely.

They were my favorite of all the Stormtrooper designs. And for the first time in ever these guys feel like an extreme threat. And they’re just remnants! 

Fantastic episode. I genuinely didn’t know what to expect the entire time. I sure didn’t see that ending coming. :( 

And that is how you introduce a big bad! Gus only had one scene and it’s already clear he’s gonna kill it in this show. 

The last five-ten minutes was the most tense I’ve ever been watching Star Wars. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Extremely.

Reveal hidden contents

They were my favorite of all the Stormtrooper designs. And for the first time in ever these guys feel like an extreme threat. And they’re just remnants! 

Fantastic episode. I genuinely didn’t know what to expect the entire time. I sure didn’t see that ending coming. :( 

And that is how you introduce a big bad! Gus only had one scene and it’s already clear he’s gonna kill it in this show. 

The last five-ten minutes was the most tense I’ve ever been watching Star Wars. 

I don't know why tactical gear on Special Forces gives me a boner. XD

4c5b0cb1e2d915b7ade8bd6215210a21.gif

mgs5-xof-soldiers.jpg

latest?cb=20110701094319

abimael-salazar-1.jpg?1523179680

Yall probably caught this too, but the Imperial called Gus a Moff, which I believe was like one of the most powerful positions one could hold in the Empire. Grand Moff Tarkin was Vader’s only equal under the Emperor.

So it’s already pretty obvious from his arrival, but this drives home even more how big a deal the guy is.

Also, forgot to mention before but I love that they call Imperials Imps. XD Mando is a Stormcloak conformed. 

• Haha 2

The situation that the Imperial Remnant is in really reminds me of the fractured Roman Empire after Rome had fallen. Now that Sheev is dead, and his Empire has collapsed, the many Moff's/Warlords are carving a piece out of the the pie for themselves. I think George Lucas described the Empire as an Unholy fusion between Nazi Germany and the Roman Empire.

First Order has potential in Force Awakens, but Last Jedi literally turned them into Empire 2.0, so I like this decentralized Empire alot more. And there a thousand times more intimidating. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

The situation that the Imperial Remnant is in really reminds me of the fractured Roman Emperor after Rome had fallen. Now that Sheev is dead, and his Empire has collapsed, the many Moff's/Warlords are carving a piece out of the the pie for themselves. I think George Lucas described the Empire as an Unholy fusion between Nazi Germany and the Roman Empire.

First Order has potential in Force Awakens, but Last Jedi literally turned them into Empire 2.0, so I like this decentralized Imperials alot more. And there a thousand times more intimidating. 

More intimidating because the directing is good and the protagonist isn’t an unstoppable Space Wizard. XD 

I agree completely on the Imperial remnants. Moff Fring's crew looks like they could be a smaller version of what many fans originally speculated the First Order was going to be, and I love it.

This whole show has been set in the outer rim so far, where the New Republic looks like it has almost no real presence yet (not even enough to prevent a few Imps from straight up occupying one of their towns), so it makes sense that these remnants are able to exercise so much power out here. I doubt you’d see anything like this on the inner planets like Coruscant or Naboo.