Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #27

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Terrible People Edition

• King Theodore Adrard
    • Prince Roland Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Asgen Tyne
    • Faida Tyne
    • Dryston Winvale
    • Morane Lynielle
    • Dame LaViolette
    • Earl Inwold Dalomax

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You should have seen Colonel when we were playing Reach a few days ago. He just fucking hops in the game chat while we were in discord and all I hear is "Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger" and then the chat exploded.

Reach is back baby

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The fight between Anakin and Ventress was unparalelled by anything in 2008's Clone Wars. That shit was pure badass.

Man I forgot all about that. Yeah, that was sick. And how he goes Vader mode at the end -red lightsaber and all- and attacks so hard he breaks the fucking stones. XD 

I wish the current Clone Wars had kept Tartakovski's stuff and just expanded on it. I would have watched it all if it were still in that style. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Man I forgot all about that. Yeah, that was sick. And how he goes Vader mode at the end -red lightsaber and all- and attacks so hard he breaks the fucking stones. XD 

I wish the current Clone Wars had kept Tartakovski's stuff and just expanded on it. I would have watched it all if it were still in that style. 

Just watched it on YouTube. Chills. THATs how you do a Star Wars animated fight. The part where it rained on the sabers was sick.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Just watched it on YouTube. Chills. THATs how you do a Star Wars animated fight. The part where it rained on the sabers was sick.

I just went back and watched it too. Yeah, still sick. XD 

It’s the same guy and crew who made Samurai Jack, which is also why the sound design is so on point. That dude knows when to leave out the music and just let sounds like the rain and lightsabers and whatnot be all you hear. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Not to mention that this Grievous is THE Jedi slayer badass we all love. Only thing I'm eh about for him is his original voice actor, in the show he had two and his second one was great.

2008 did him poorly, like really really poorly.  Like the video shows, the big twist where Grievous has four arms was exactly that, a twist. And when he revealed it, he was beyond defeatable by those two Jedi masters(?) Fucker went lightning fast. In 2008 he constantly spins 2 win and it got real old.

• Like 2

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Damn :rofl:

What makes it so awesome is that this happens immediately after an actual episode spanning battle in which Grievous Predator-hunts three Jedi Masters and defeats them all. Up until that point, that fucker feels unstoppable. Shows how badass Mace is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

What makes it so awesome is that this happens immediately after an actual episode spanning battle in which Grievous Predator-hunts three Jedi Masters and defeats them all. Up until that point, that fucker feels unstoppable. Shows how badass Mace is.

Correction, this was the second time it showed how badass Mace is.

28 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Not to mention that this Grievous is THE Jedi slayer badass we all love. Only thing I'm eh about for him is his original voice actor, in the show he had two and his second one was great.

2008 did him poorly, like really really poorly.  Like the video shows, the big twist where Grievous has four arms was exactly that, a twist. And when he revealed it, he was beyond defeatable by those two Jedi masters(?) Fucker went lightning fast. In 2008 he constantly spins 2 win and it got real old.

That's a good side-by-side. @ColonelKillaBee you should watch this. 2D Grievous was fucking scary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

That's a good side-by-side. @ColonelKillaBee you should watch this. 2D Grievous was fucking scary. 

:rofl: And perfectly illustrates why I cant watch the 2008 version. But I'm watching the 2003 now. That version of Grievous was so fucking sick.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: And perfectly illustrates why I cant watch the 2008 version. But I'm watching the 2003 now. That version of Grievous was so fucking sick.

2003 version is the best when it comes to the truly massive scale battles and for badass characters.

During the battle for Coruscant when it zooms in the planets atmosphere not even Episode 3 could show the same scale.

I also love the voices for the clones, 2008 had character and great development but 2003's sounded professional and no nonsense no fear.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

2003 version is the best when it comes to the truly massive scale battles and for badass characters.

During the battle for Coruscant when it zooms in the planets atmosphere not even Episode 3 could show the same scale.

I also love the voices for the clones, 2008 had character and great development but 2003's sounded professional and no nonsense no fear.

Huge disageeement here. The Clones in Clone Wars were made alive and felt like real people instead of robots, and that's partial because of how amazing the VA work for them was.