Best build?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best build?

• Giants Dad (BECOME THE GIANTS DAD FIRE THE BASSSSSSSSS CANNON!!!!)
    • Flipping Havels (1.4 patch save us!)
    • Bloodwraith (CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THIS DARKNESS WILL NOT HEAL!)
    • Shitty Noob Knight Build (...)
    • Cheese Ice Rapier (DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHH DUHHHHHHH)

New Sekiro Story trailer. Looks fucking awesome, it shows a few new bosses. Oh and Sekiro is wielding a sear too, so I guess that puts the rumor there was only going to be the katanna to rest. 

There's going to be a fucking fight against another Shinobi, and a giant monkey demon!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SlimCautiousHamster-mobile.mp4

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Even so dude, that blade in the hands of a large strong man’s gonna break bones if you let it hit directly, and gambeson would prevent it from sliding especially.

You wear gambeson beneath the steel plate. And by hitting plate it will spread out the impact across the entire piece. Not to mention that swords aren't made to be deliver a huge amount of force by the fact that their blades are rather light and have their center of mass located at or at least closer to the hilt. At least compared to an axe and especially a mace. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

This is a zweihander though, and the cutting edge isn't the primary method of damage, it's meant to deal force damage as much as cutting, and when you have a big blade like that, all the weight is focused around that edge upon impact, which is why it's devastating even if it doesn't cut.

Collar bone, shoulder, arm, head, those are very vulnerable to the full force of a zwei hit.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This is a zweihander though, and the cutting edge isn't the primary method of damage, it's meant to deal force damage as much as cutting, and when you have a big blade like that, all the weight is focused around that edge upon impact, which is why it's devastating even if it doesn't cut.

Collar bone, shoulder, arm, head, those are very vulnerable to the full force of a zwei hit.

Honestly even in Souls it's more of a crushing weapon then a cutting one, sends everything flying XD That's why I love the combat so much, it's so weighty and feels how it's weight is supposed to be (unlike in other Eastern games we're big weapons are very floaty)

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Honestly even in Souls it's more of a crushing weapon then a cutting one, sends everything flying XD That's why I love the combat so much, it's so weighty and feels how it's weight is supposed to be (unlike in other Eastern games we're big weapons are very floaty)

Well, the Zwei isn't that heavy tbh, but it's certainly still heavy for a sword. Eight pounds swinging at your collar bone and neck even armored is nothing at all to sneeze at. You will die or be taken out the fight.

Best bet is to close the distance and force them into jabbing where you have the advantage. Assuming they don't have a backup weapon, and they always do (as do I in souls :P )

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Problem is you're never gonna be able to deliver full force of all that weight by the fact that the center of mass is much closer to the hilt, not to mention the overall weight is spread out across the weapon. If you hit someone with the tip of the sword in a cutting swing, it's just going to bounce off an armored target. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Zweihander wielders won't hit an armored target with the tip of their blade though, unless jabbing, and they'll hit with the big end portion of the blade, and that big swinging arc is still enough to transfer energy from the weight of the blade to what it hits. It's not as effective as a battle axe or a hammer but it can get the job done, especially on specific points like an arm, gauntlet, neck, etc.

If it hit the body I'd expect the least amount of damage for sure but that's swords in general.

I disagree, a sword like that's gonna be hitting several parts of the body, and for instance if it rolls off the helmet will go right to the collarbone, or neck.

There was a king that refused to practice duel with greatswords because he doubted the armor would safely protect them from the blows.

English trailer (There's going to be an option to play with Japanese dubs and english subs, which i'm going to do) 

So Sekiro's sword is a apparently an Youtou, an evil blade with sentience. It most stories in Japanese folklore, the user goes mad and his will is overpowered by the blades hunger for blood, especially with Sekiro being out for revenge.  I'm getting huge Parallels with Ludwig from BB and Artorias from Dark Souls, with Sekiro himself :( Maybe the game's going to end with him being corrupted. 

So....apparently Dark Souls 3 was butchered. Namco Bandai forced Miyisaki to butcher the game so it was way more open ended instead of conclusive. They wanted room for a Dark Souls 4, and forced From to change the game drastically. Here's a little taste.

Ludex Gundry was actually King Ocerius, before they turned him into a Bloodborne reject. 

dark_souls_3.0.0.jpg

There were dozens of plaques that told obscure lore.

jivo19fndnpsbshnjug2.png

And they absolutely BUTCHERED the final zone. This is what it was going to look like

293409-h1.jpg

See the Giant Snake Shadow Daemon (*Cough Kaathe*) devouring the fucking sun?

As good as it turns out, really pisses me off we'll never see the true finale for Dark Souls that Miyisaki envisioned 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So....apparently Dark Souls 3 was butchered. Namco Bandai forced Miyisaki to butcher the game so it was way more open ended instead of conclusive. They wanted room for a Dark Souls 4, and forced From to change the game drastically. Here's a little taste.

Ludex Gundry was actually King Ocerius, before they turned him into a Bloodborne reject. 

dark_souls_3.0.0.jpg

There were dozens of plaques that told obscure lore.

jivo19fndnpsbshnjug2.png

And they absolutely BUTCHERED the final zone. This is what it was going to look like

293409-h1.jpg

See the Giant Snake Shadow Daemon (*Cough Kaathe*) devouring the fucking sun?

As good as it turns out, really pisses me off we'll never see the true finale for Dark Souls that Miyisaki envisioned 

WOAH!

That last arena is amazing holy shit.