Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I went from disliking the Skeptical Man npc, to him being one of my favorite bloodborne characters just for the obscurity of his character.

That man could stare into the many many eyes of a winter lantern, and cause THEM to build frenzy.

He’s one of my favorites too. For some reason I gravitate towards characters who just aren’t impressed by my hero at all. XD 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He's the only one who stays stane when the Blood Moon falls...by the sheer power of negative ninety nine insight and channeling his inner Eustace Bagges. Also Crydoilli

Fixed it for you.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He’s one of my favorites too. For some reason I gravitate towards characters who just aren’t impressed by my hero at all. XD 

We need an Elder Scrolls mod that replaces the couriers with him.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He's the only one who stays stane when the Blood Moon falls...by the sheer power of being a delusional fucking prick who has the wrong impression about everyone XD

Reminds me of a horror movie I once watched where a grown son moves into his mother’s house after she died so he could take stock of what she had and sell it.

The house was haunted by demons or some shit. The mother lived there for many years but was protected by her faith, but the son is a hyper-skeptical atheist who just denies everything he sees even when it starts to get pretty overt. He ends up surviving because he isn’t giving the demons enough fear to feed off of. He eventually sells the house and movies on.

The movie sucked, tbh. XD 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reminds me of a horror movie I once watched where a grown son moves into his mother’s house after she died so he could take stock of what she had and sell it.

The house was haunted by demons or some shit. The mother lived there for many years but was protected by her faith, but the son is a hyper-skeptical atheist who just denies everything he sees even when it starts to get pretty overt. He ends up surviving because he isn’t giving the demons enough fear to feed off of. 

The movie sucked, tbh. XD 

The Demons are like "Man, this guy is such a fucking killjoy we don't even want to kill him!" XD

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

He also has my favorite quote in the game 

"Have you got a screw loose? Or is it your... animal intuition?"

At the risk of summoning the Bee, I think Darkbeasts are more sentient then the other beasts. I'd group him into that field too, despite not being calciumpowerful

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

At the risk of summoning the Bee, I think Darkbeasts are more sentient then the other beasts. I'd group him into that field too, despite not being calciumpowerful

Djura thinks all beasts are sentient. Though the dude is slightly crazy himself, considering the fact he sents up barricades and signs, and actually attempts to ward people away, I think people don't give him enough credit. 

There's Ludwig to consider too. I think Beasthood is way too much of a complicated phenomenon to just declare people as turning into soulless monsters.  

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Demons are like "Man, this guy is such a fucking killjoy we don't even want to kill him!" XD

Pretty much. 

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He also has my favorite quote in the game 

"Have you got a screw loose? Or is it your... animal intuition?"

That’s such a Lorgar line. XD 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Pretty much. 

That’s such a Lorgar line. XD 

Maybe Lorgar is a couple of years XD

But combined with the super unique quest, his great dialogue (and he has alot of it for a FROM NPC), and the fact he's a mini-boss, I think the suspicious beggar is a really cool encounter 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Djura thinks all beasts are sentient. Though the dude is slightly crazy himself, considering the fact he sents up barricades and signs, and actually attempts to ward people away, I think people don't give him enough credit.

Considering how the semi-bestial townsfolk of Central Yharnam think you're a monster, despite being entirely delusional (I swear if you bring up beast embrace XD). It makes me wonder if some of the beasts think they and their own are the only normal ones left, and see the player and everyone else as horrible unsightly beasts.

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Considering how the semi-bestial townsfolk of Central Yharnam think you're a monster, despite being entirely delusional (I swear if you bring up beast embrace XD). It makes me wonder if some of the beasts think they and their own are the only normal ones left, and see the player and everyone else as horrible unsightly beasts.

But the real beasts are within XD

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

and see the player and everyone else as horrible unsightly beasts.

Isn’t that exactly the story of what’s going on in Central Yharnam at the beginning? Like a bunch of half-turned monster men gathered their literal pitchforks and torches and started running around killing everyone they think is part of the problem, oblivious to their role in it. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Isn’t that exactly the story of what’s going on in Central Yharnam at the beginning? Like a bunch of half-turned monster men gathered their literal pitchforks and torches and started running around killing everyone they think is part of the problem, oblivious to their role in it. 

And there's Gascoine whose seemingly hallucinating you as a Beast. 

So my thoughts; I had high expectations, but they were shattered. Like I was gushing to Doc earlier it starts with a fucking pre-rendered cutscene XD

Presentation; Blown away by this. I know the modelers worked on Demon's Soul's, but i'm stunned by the level of quality from the assets; there's professionally composed music for the bosses (that change dynamically based on the phase of the boss), the armor and weapons look fantastic.

F3WCBCP.jpg

C2sxmDq.jpg

The NPC's voice actors are of very high quality; they fit the universe and the dialogue is wonderfully cryptic and "ye olden", alongside the flavor text, which is also very high in quality. 

rYD8LDE.jpg

@The Good Doctor Speaking of stellar presentation, I remember one of your few complaints in the initial gameplay was Bonfires, which is no longer removed :) Most of the Fire's have gone out, leaving behind a new save system, Way Shrines (which depict the sword of Londor) Has it's own FX effects too, that look really cool, and UI changes.

k6EQrDy.jpg

fO4ZDct.jpg

Gameplay: The Gameplay is much refined; you have alot of the quality of life from later souls games, omni-rolling, fluid controls and but still weighty. They even have the Bloodborne Rally mechanic; if you lose health, you have a tiny window to attack and gain it back. It also has a stance system, you can switch between regular stance (which gives you a Bloodborne dash and the ability to heal and block) or the Humanity Sprite (which sends whisps of humanity and dark sparks around you, giving you a super dash with a crazy I-frame, two handed "bloodthirst attacks", and an expanded and much stronger moveset). To reflect the fading of the flame; you get alot of dark powers. The "coiled" Darksign allows you to return to shrines without spending your souls (and can be used how many times as you want), instead of Estus you have "Umbrial Effigies". 

pVwPMMc.jpg

9SoJmml.jpg

Qa65njT.jpg

Alot of regular mobs reappear, but they've all been given new movesets and AI patterns, there alot smarter and deadlier. The new bosses are jaw-dropping awesome.  They have unique models, unique movesets, have multiple phases, special mechanics, there own music themes and feel like they were made by FROM.

The World: The World is also a treat to explore, the demo was only two levels, but it's expansive, and just as interconnected as the vanilla game, but vastly altered. What's really cool is they replaced all of the old textures with new high res ones they made exclusively for the mod! So the game has a really large visual update! There's a gorgeous lighting system that's going to be dynamic, but right now "the sky's of Lordran darken, with a crescendo of dying ember twilight"  the only time of day is the start, twilight. I had to stop and gawk several times. 

H1ii1iE.jpg

0f1S43D.jpg

pG9uWnd.jpg

nrX1PSa.jpg

Finally; the Lore. It's batshit insanity. 

To give you some snippets;

The fading of the fire has unlocked the true power of the Dark sign 

20Wvvc0.jpg

Dark phantoms slumber in the abyss during an Age of Fire, and are now starting to wake up now the fire is just about extinguished 

hrm7fRU.jpg

Now that the First Flame remains dark, the power of Chaos is growing underneath the depths of Izlieth. 

aBtLfIt.jpg

Pure cringe, but great fan service as the same time. XD

iIUD8zH.jpg

So yeah, Kaathe was bullshitting, the Age of Dark is here and it dosen't look pretty. New Chaos horros are erupting all over the Demon ruins (including GODZILLA sized great burrowers that tower over you). In the Depths of the Abyss, the darkness that consumed Oolacile has reawoken, and Darkroot is now infested with Abyss-corrupted humans that once prowled Oolacile in the DLC, alongside more ancient horrors that are stirring. 

You dark fuckers blew it XD

But anyway, i'm blown away by the quality of the mod. Feels like an actual sequel to Dark Souls 1 in terms of feel, atmosphere, and story (but alot of new elements since it's the Age of Dark instead of another Fire one), but with alot of the improvements in gameplay the later games brought  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So my thoughts; I had high expectations, but they were shattered. Like I was gushing to Doc earlier it starts with a fucking pre-rendered cutscene XD

Presentation; Blown away by this. I know the modelers worked on Demon's Soul's, but i'm stunned by the level of quality from the assets; there's professionally composed music for the bosses (that change dynamically based on the phase of the boss), the armor and weapons look fantastic.

F3WCBCP.jpg

C2sxmDq.jpg

The NPC's voice actors are of very high quality; they fit the universe and the dialogue is wonderfully cryptic and "ye olden", alongside the flavor text, which is also very high in quality. 

rYD8LDE.jpg

@The Good Doctor Speaking of stellar presentation, I remember one of your few complaints in the initial gameplay was Bonfires, which is no longer removed :) Most of the Fire's have gone out, leaving behind a new save system, Way Shrines (which depict the sword of Londor) Has it's own FX effects too, that look really cool, and UI changes.

k6EQrDy.jpg

fO4ZDct.jpg

Gameplay: The Gameplay is much refined; you have alot of the quality of life from later souls games, omni-rolling, fluid controls and but still weighty. They even have the Bloodborne Rally mechanic; if you lose health, you have a tiny window to attack and gain it back. It also has a stance system, you can switch between regular stance (which gives you a Bloodborne dash and the ability to heal and block) or the Humanity Sprite (which sends whisps of humanity and dark sparks around you, giving you a super dash with a crazy I-frame, two handed "bloodthirst attacks", and an expanded and much stronger moveset). To reflect the fading of the flame; you get alot of dark powers. The "coiled" Darksign allows you to return to shrines without spending your souls (and can be used how many times as you want), instead of Estus you have "Umbrial Effigies". 

pVwPMMc.jpg

9SoJmml.jpg

Qa65njT.jpg

Alot of regular mobs reappear, but they've all been given new movesets and AI patterns, there alot smarter and deadlier. The new bosses are jaw-dropping awesome.  They have unique models, unique movesets, have multiple phases, special mechanics, there own music themes and feel like they were made by FROM.

The World: The World is also a treat to explore, the demo was only two levels, but it's expansive, and just as interconnected as the vanilla game, but vastly altered. What's really cool is they replaced all of the old textures with new high res ones they made exclusively for the mod! So the game has a really large visual update! There's a gorgeous lighting system that's going to be dynamic, but right now "the sky's of Lordran darken, with a crescendo of dying ember twilight"  the only time of day is the start, twilight. I had to stop and gawk several times. 

H1ii1iE.jpg

0f1S43D.jpg

pG9uWnd.jpg

nrX1PSa.jpg

Finally; the Lore. It's batshit insanity. 

To give you some snippets;

The fading of the fire has unlocked the true power of the Dark sign 

20Wvvc0.jpg

Dark phantoms slumber in the abyss during an Age of Fire, and are now starting to wake up now the fire is just about extinguished 

hrm7fRU.jpg

Now that the First Flame remains dark, the power of Chaos is growing underneath the depths of Izlieth. 

aBtLfIt.jpg

Pure cringe, but great fan service as the same time. XD

iIUD8zH.jpg

So yeah, Kaathe was bullshitting, the Age of Dark is here and it dosen't look pretty. New Chaos horros are erupting all over the Demon ruins (including GODZILLA sized great burrowers that tower over you). In the Depths of the Abyss, the darkness that consumed Oolacile has reawoken, and Darkroot is now infested with Abyss-corrupted humans that once prowled Oolacile in the DLC, alongside more ancient horrors that are stirring. 

You dark fuckers blew it XD

But anyway, i'm blown away by the quality of the mod. Feels like an actual sequel to Dark Souls 1 in terms of feel, atmosphere, and story (but alot of new elements since it's the Age of Dark instead of another Fire one), but with alot of the improvements in gameplay the later games brought  

Fear not the dark my friend, and let the feast begin.

• Haha 1

@ColonelKillaBee @BigBossBalrog @The Good Doctor (I know you don't play on pc :P) @Witchking of Angmar

Heads up friends. There's been a really fucking scary exploit discovered in Ds3 (that was actually found by a buddy of mine I played with a lot XD) that could remotely execute any code up to 1mb on every. single. person. online. on Ds3 and there'd be nothing you could do about it until it was too late.

Even though the servers are down for ds3, 2 and remastered on pc at the moment, I highly suggest not to log back in without the Blue Sentinels mod for ds3 as that has been updated with the guy who found it's help on blocking this exploit. If he never found it six weeks ago and has been hard at work privately to patch it, someone malicious might have eventually discovered it and destroyed, held hostage, and/or infected a great many PCs.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1