Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Aren’t those mimics directory pulled from a DnD creature? There should be a mechanic for it already. 

tumblr_oln7t4NLsP1vds7xeo1_r1_1280.png

Apparently DnD mimics only grapple people with their tongues. So the whole, open chest and then be devoured could be a new thing mechnically added in this Dark Souls adaption.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently DnD mimics only grapple people with their tongues. So the whole, open chest and then be devoured could be a new thing mechnically added in this Dark Souls adaption.

If I was running it, I’d just have them make a Dex save to avoid the bite, and if they fail they get a chance to make an Athletics save every turn to try and escape. Unless they come up with a creative alternative, that is.

And damage every turn they’re in there. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm dreading the cringe of GM's trying to replicate Dark Souls flowely dialouge XD

Oh shit I wouldn’t even bother. I might do the bare minimum, like throw in some thees and thines, but going 100% all-in would be too much.

It would actually be a pretty easy world to GM for, I feel. Just play all the characters as kind of subdued and aloof, not too talkative. And because everyone is half-crazy anyway, if the players get too aggressively inquisitive, I’d just have the NPCs eventually start to cower, tell them to piss off, or turn hostile.

The death mechanics would be fun. Make the game really tough but player deaths aren’t permanent. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I use DnDBeyond and Roll20, keep me in mind if you got a want for extras.

No weeb shit XD

Too many fucking people already XD My GM is pretty good, but he's bad at balancing the encounters around 7 people, the bosses drop like flies on session, the next we barely get by with an almost TPK. 

54 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There mentioning Lothric and the Unkindled in the press release, so seems like the game is centered on Dark Souls 3 content. 

I almost feel like you’d have to. Dark Souls has some great lore but it’s not super expansive or detailed beyond the areas where games are set. Focusing on Lothric gives them a lot of stuff to play with from all three games. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I almost feel like you’d have to. Dark Souls has some great lore but it’s not super expansive or detailed beyond the areas where games are set. Focusing on Lothric gives them a lot of stuff to play with from all three games. 

And since 3's stuff was so reliant on 1's content, they'll probally have alot of stuff from 1 too. 

Some potential campaign ideas;

Abysss-Walker themed story; set in an abyss-covered warzone, with you and your campaigns as recruits in the Legion of Farron. 

Downfall of New Londo, with the rise of the Darkwraiths and ending in the flooding of the city to imprison them.

Lothric Civil War between the army and the Chruch, play as either side. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@TheCzarsHussar @The Good Doctor

Next FROM game was leaked; it's a reboot of Armored Core, there Mech series, but apparently it have a heavy Soul feel, with "grounded and heavy controls", Soulsborne esque combat but to massive scale because your piloting a Mech suit, "semi-open World in the vein of Dark Souls, and a "very dark" story and word inspired by Dune. 

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-first-screenshots-of-from-softwares-armored-core-6-have-seemingly-leaked/

They got mother fucking James Corey, the author of the Expanse to help them create the world in the vein of Elden Ring and George.  Actually has some screens too.

FIvrC5EXEAE6jST?format=jpg&name=medium

FIvrC5DXoAonnca?format=jpg&name=medium

FIvrC5BXMAQTAz_?format=jpg&name=medium

1drjgf-768x568.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Lorewise? Sure. But Micolash is one of the worst designed boss fights Fromsoft has ever come up with. 

We got great lines out of it XD 

"Some say Kos, others Kossm!"
"Now i'll wake up and forgot everything!"
"Angry Cthulhu Nerd howls like a beast"

It's a really weird concept too, chasing the boss around while he runs away from you in a huge area while throwing spells and minions to slow you down. Too bad it sucks. Him and Arvel would be friends :Yol: