Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

29 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

But no, Kos and Rape Horse.

Yall didn't think I'd do a bl4 run and not do all bosses? This ain't ds2 XD

No, I just assumed you would look forward to those two, since they’re actually really good fights. XD 

Whereas Rom is tedious and Micolash is obnoxiously annoying and unfun. I always dread getting to them.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Rom is a test of patience, not luck. Even with the worst rng, you’ll never lose if you’re willing to draw it out.

Which is why I hate that fight. XD 

Being passive in bloodborne is cursed. I ended up winning by beat pellet fisting in phase 1 after killing all the spiders, got them to half health.

Killed all the phase 2 spiders, got them down to little over a third and launched molotovs like like were mortars unlocked until it died :D

What I found interesting about Rom is he's kinda of a remake of the first Demon's Souls boss; Phalanx. A cowardly, almost stationary...thing, that throws minions at you, and is weak without them. 

Some people call it lazy, but I love how FROM recycles and "remakes" old ideas and puts new spins on them. In this case though, I don't think it was much of an improvement XD At least Rom has crazy spectacle. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

What I found interesting about Rom is he's kinda of a remake of the first Demon's Souls boss; Phalanx. A cowardly, almost stationary...thing, that throws minions at you, and is weak without them. 

Some people call it lazy, but I love how FROM recycles and "remakes" old ideas and puts new spins on them. In this case though, I don't think it was much of an improvement XD At least Rom has crazy spectacle. 

Rom also casts real powerful, if not easily dodged, magics at you unlike phalanx. Also unlike phalanx, Rom pitches hissy fits that one shots you XD