Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

No one actually got infected; the person who discovered it hasn't shared, and they were just doing it to get attention to the situation so FROM would fix it (and they are doing that right now) 

About half the elden ring reddit was unjustly shitting on my friend (not directly since he was anonymous about it) yesterday when this came to light publicly. They don't seem to realize the severity of it being kept secret. 

He found the exploit while working on a co-invasion mod, imagine if some Chinese or Russian hacker found it before him, or while he was silent about it. Irreparable damage could have been done

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

A Dance With Dragons is soon to be a decade old and still no Winds of Winter in sight.

Funny you say that, another fantasy author was complaining they choose Martin over him (It was mostly joking but he did seem kind of cheesed) XD 

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/wheel-of-time-novelist-says-he-should-have-worked-on-elden-ring-3145906

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Funny you say that, another fantasy author was complaining they choose Martin over him (It was mostly joking but he did seem kind of cheesed) XD 

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/wheel-of-time-novelist-says-he-should-have-worked-on-elden-ring-3145906

He’s probably right. Martin has appeared in a video game before, voicing a character that was identical to himself, and I still highly doubt he’s ever touched a controller. XD 

That said, I doubt From even had to pay him. The opportunity to procrastinate Winds was probably enough. So it might have been a good call, economically. 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Same here, it means I can play it my friends XD

Nothing against 3.5 or 4.0, but there seems to a real vocal minority that parrots everything negative against the new ruleset XD

I wouldn’t know. I have had zero connection or interaction with any online tabletop fandoms. XD All of my experience is from playing in person with friends.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

You think gamers are petty, they ain't shit compared to tabletop fans XD

I can believe it. They’ve been around longer, makes sense that they’d be more set in their ways. They might even be right about whatever complaints they have. I just don’t know anything about it. XD I do like 5e, though, so I am personally pretty happy to see it as the platform that they went with.

Gameinformer just posted there preview; damn it looks like a dream game. Some stuff spoiled, but it's only for the first ten hours of the game. Game looks to be the pinnacle of all of From's hard-work in the last decade. They posted some new gameplay of one of the optional dungeons, Castle Mourne (which is one of Godrick's garrasion's being besieged by an army of Beastmen)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gameinformer just posted there preview; damn it looks like a dream game. Some stuff spoiled, but it's only for the first ten hours of the game. Game looks to be the pinnacle of all of From's hard-work in the last decade. They posted some new gameplay of one of the optional dungeons, Castle Mourne (which is one of Godrick's garrasion's being besieged by an army of Beastmen)

That leap over the boss’s swing was slick. Hit boxes are looking tight this go-round.

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Fromsoft showed how good they are at the aftermath of huge battles with Sekiro. I hope we can stumble on a large scale battle as it's raging instead of the devastated aftermath

I think the Fall of Ashina Castle did a decent job at that. That and the Giant War section from D2.