Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #10

Stop right there, criminal scum!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to watch clean up the streets in the name of the law?

• Endar and Yornar
    • Baldur and Rebec
    • Ubbe and Trevis
    • Sybille and Morane

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Try to stay on him as close as you can. Also, there are two different versions of him that are determined by which of the first two demons you kill first. One version that summons meteors and one that shoots fire beams. Try mixing up which of the weaker ones you kill first and see which Demon Prince boss gives you more trouble.

I killed the demon that didn't burst into flames at the battle's start, I think I'll try the metores.

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The invaders in Ringed City for some reason suck reeeeally bad tho.

Probably because the folks invading there are the ones who rely on help from the map with the ghost archers and shit. Which is absolutely hilarious if you have a giant tree seed.

I get invaded a lot up until I get past the swamp. Although tbf I like using those finger bones and enticing invaders in that area because it’s one of the most fun places to get invaded I think. Mostly because I enjoy trolling more than dueling and that place is a goldmine for that. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably because the folks invading there are the ones who rely on help from the map with the ghost archers and shit. Which is absolutely hilarious if you have a giant tree seed.

I get invaded a lot up until I get past the swamp. Although tbf I like using those finger bones and enticing invaders in that area because it’s one of the most fun places to get invaded I think. Mostly because I enjoy trolling more than dueling and that place is a goldmine for that. 

I never did get that seed, gotta try that later. 

At least I dont think I did.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not lookin good...

I wouldn’t be too worried. For what it’s worth, the reviews are fine. Though more importantly Rogue One underwent a similar development with its reshoots and it turned out really well. 

Honestly, I think the problem with a Han Solo movie was always going to be the fact the actor isn’t Harrison Ford, and there’s really no fix for that. So long as he can be passable it should be fine, but it will likely never be great because of that 

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Now there's a "sassy female self made droid that cares deeply about droid rights".

Fucking kill me now, the stuff with Commander SJW in the Last Jedi was bad enough. 

Star Wars droids have always had some sort of sentience, I thought. Jabba tortured them for a reason. It would make sense one would eventually care about how they’re treated, which isn’t great in some places

And I’ve honestly been really confused about Holdo supposedly being a ‘SJW.’ Like, she has pink hair and wore a dress, but otherwise she wasn’t preachy. Just a military officer who was putting a subordinate who had already been demoted by Leia in his place. 

Edited by BTCollins

1 hour ago, BTCollins said:

I wouldn’t be too worried. For what it’s worth, the reviews are fine. Though more importantly Rogue One underwent a similar development with its reshoots and it turned out really well. 

Honestly, I think the problem with a Han Solo movie was always going to be the fact the actor isn’t Harrison Ford, and there’s really no fix for that. So long as he can be passable it should be fine, but it will likely never be great because of that 

Star Wars droids have always had some sort of sentience, I thought. Jabba tortured them for a reason. It would make sense one would eventually care about how they’re treated, which isn’t great in some places

And I’ve honestly been really confused about Holdo supposedly being a ‘SJW.’ Like, she has pink hair and wore a dress, but otherwise she wasn’t preachy. Just a military officer who was putting a subordinate who had already been demoted by Leia in his place. 

I agree for the most part about Holdo, but I call her commander SJW after rewatching it because of how forced that whooole plot with him and "Flyboy" was. We had this discussion before, where Doc pointed out she really has no reason to include him on their plan, but when she's having guns pointed at her and dude is about to fuck everything up, that might be a time to share the plan.

It does feel a bit like they had to force that narrative, especially when Leia says she was more concerned with preserving the light than seeming like a hero. It wasn't very authentic and made me a bit suspicious.

Plus, yea don't judge a book by its cover sure but you're a military commander. What military commander shows up in a dress like that? You're supposed to command respect, even women would be looking at you sideways if you don't dress the part. 

As for droids, yea they seem to have some sentience though I have no idea how much or how much of it is for the audience's benefit, but come on, why is she "female"? They've had c3po droids before with female voices that looked exactly the same, but now this one has birthing hips n shit and is being called "the first female droid" that "cares deeply about droid rights" and is described as sassy.... that's all suspect as hell to me personally.

I don't likr this either.

I'm not all doom and gloom about the future star wars movies don't get me wrong. I liked the Last Jedi, personally even the second time watching it, but I am a bit worried. It was at least on par with the second prequel movie though.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I never did get that seed, gotta try that later. 

At least I dont think I did.

Easy to do. The tree is right outside Firelink Shrine, next to the bell tower out back. Just gotta activate it. 

Sadly, the seeds got nerfed hard back in the day. I don’t really use them anymore. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Plus, yea don't judge a book by its cover sure but you're a military commander. What military commander shows up in a dress like that? You're supposed to command respect, even women would be looking at you sideways if you don't dress the part. 

This part I think because it’s Star Wars. Most people wear military type uniforms, yeah, but it’s not like the dress overall isn’t somewhat fantastical. It made her unique but didn’t seem totally out of place. But overall I don’t really see how any of that makes her some sort of ‘SJW’ character. Not anymore so than others in Star Wars

22 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for droids, yea they seem to have some sentience though I have no idea how much or how much of it is for the audience's benefit, but come on, why is she "female"? They've had c3po droids before with female voices that looked exactly the same, but now this one has birthing hips n shit and is being called "the first female droid" that "cares deeply about droid rights" and is described as sassy.... that's all suspect as hell to me personally.

Is this from like, the movie itself, or from the video? I didn’t watch it because I’m watching Black Panther. But I don’t think it’s any more ‘SJW’ overall than most good vs. evil movies. Star Wars is overall usually black and white. The Empire are space Nazis. It only makes sense the movies would address the sentience of droids eventually considering the degree of sentience they’ve shown thus far.

As far as body shapes, I find it a little funny there’s only been ambiguous bodies so far. I imagine there’s plenty of sex bots out there with unambiguous male or female shapes, so it being specifically female doesn’t surprise me

Edited by BTCollins

For me both the hair, the dress, and in combination with the message they were sending with her is what made it so obvious to what she was supposed to be. 

In fact you could point out that Princess Leia's outfits weren't always what you'd expect of a military leader, though her role isn't strictly military either, whereas before now her temporary predecessors role was in fact strictly military. And yea there's fantastical outfits, but a lot of that was mainly for politicians. And her outfit wasn't even "star wars" esque, it was pretty simple, just out of place for its elegance when she's supposedly a war hero and a commander...

As for the robot, I find it out of place because not only was there never a focus on droids as individuals to begin with and I don't see why that would suddenly change unless there was some sort of uprising plot, but this movie takes place in the past when there certainly wasn't such focus before. It feels odd to me that this, if it ever really needed to come up, was the way they decided to finally do it. Not to mention, they could've had any droid suddenly start caring about "droid rights" whatever the hell that even means. But they went ahead and did that for the supposedly "first female droid". :/ Suspect.

The description is in the video from articles about the droid I believe.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In fact you could point out that Princess Leia's outfits weren't always what you'd expect of a military leader

Though she was a princess as well. And when it was time for her to get involved with combat or the military, she usually dressed appropriately.

• Like 1