Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #8

An adventurer's companion  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which character would you pick as your follower for adventuring?

• Mila
    • Daric
    • Karsh

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I never realized it before fighting the Pontiff but damn Dark Souls does not have a good camera or tracking system.

It does, you just gotta git gud XD 

The enemies are just fast as fuck sometimes and you gotta adjust. I beat that bitch in two tries.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

20 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I never realized it before fighting the Pontiff but damn Dark Souls does not have a good camera or tracking system.

You’re not supposed to use lock-on for every boss. Gotta be able to fight with and without it or you’re gonna struggle. 

I do lock on for most of them though. At most I just switch between targets if there’s more than one or evade until I can lock on.

In the case of pontiff I stay locked on until that dark copy comes. Easy to get cross combo’d if you try focusing on one, as you see in that video.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

LOL, that probably helps quite a bit. I feel like most enemies that are difficult, it’s just a battle against the Camera rather than the fight being difficult itself.

Nameless fucking king. 

Only babies blame the camera.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Only babies blame the camera.

Fuck that, against the nameless king, it’s definitely the damn camera. 

You can see  on the last video I made fighting him that I mastered fighting with awkward ass angles. One attack, the one where the dragonflies up and breed spire straight down on you, the way I was running you couldn’t even see my character. XD 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Wasn't two tries though ;)

Lol I know :P Doc and Balrog struggled too with Pontiff and Docs probably as good as me, maybe even better, can’t say. I struggled with the sage XD on a different character, Rest In Peace, But still.

Your mileage will vary depending on your build.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I feel happy I didn't look up guides, took a lot of frustration, trial and error but dammit I did it, not some guide.

Honestly the only bosses guides help a ton with to the point that it feels like cheating are the ones that weren’t difficult in the first place. To the point that it doesn’t feel cheap on the later ones and I wouldn’t look down on ya if you did unless you did without even trying yourself first.