Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #6

Height of the Roman Empire under Trajan and Hadrian vs Height of the Mongol Empire under Genghis Khan?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Muh Romans win.
    • Muh Mongols win.

I dont get we're this dude is coming from when he's trying to say the majority of the Great heathen army would be fully Christian at the time peroid we're Thrones take place. Seems really stupid, and an excuse to not include religious mechanics  

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/882uos/thrones_of_britannia_first_impressions_viking_sea/

"Culture/religion - I've talked about this extensively before. Having a religion system the same as Attila, where you must eradicate other religions doesn't fit the time period and the fact that there was no great spread of Paganism in Britain and Ireland as a result of the Viking invasions and the Vikings that did settle did all eventually convert to Christianity. There are still religious themed buildings in the game, special building chains devoted to various Saints cults as well. You'll see references to religion in army names, and in flavour text in the game as well. Some soldiers will wear Christian crosses round their necks, others Thor's hammer. In the Great Viking Army units you'll sometimes see a mix for example. It's not about no religion in the game, just no mechanic like in Attila as it doesn't fit the history of the era. I know people talk about allowing a 'what-if', but the what-if they're talking about goes completely against the history of the time."

Which means...DLC for the DLC throne...

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I dont get we're this dude is coming from when he's trying to say the majority of the Great heathen army would be fully Christian at the time peroid we're Thrones take place. Seems really stupid, and an excuse to not include religious mechanics  

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/882uos/thrones_of_britannia_first_impressions_viking_sea/

"Culture/religion - I've talked about this extensively before. Having a religion system the same as Attila, where you must eradicate other religions doesn't fit the time period and the fact that there was no great spread of Paganism in Britain and Ireland as a result of the Viking invasions and the Vikings that did settle did all eventually convert to Christianity. There are still religious themed buildings in the game, special building chains devoted to various Saints cults as well. You'll see references to religion in army names, and in flavour text in the game as well. Some soldiers will wear Christian crosses round their necks, others Thor's hammer. In the Great Viking Army units you'll sometimes see a mix for example. It's not about no religion in the game, just no mechanic like in Attila as it doesn't fit the history of the era. I know people talk about allowing a 'what-if', but the what-if they're talking about goes completely against the history of the time."

Which means...DLC for the DLC throne...

You're correct that's Bullshit, it is true the majority of Scandinavian settlers in Britain would convert to Christianity that wouldn't come until after this time period.

I don’t know the specific time period your game takes place but aside from some towns being raided, churches burning and being ransacked, I don’t think the Vikings ever made a move to specifically root out Christianity.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Also the guy didn’t say they’d be all Christian Right then and there, and that they still had Thor amulets and such, that there’s signs of Christianity and Paganism.

What he’s specifically going against is your Atilla mechanic.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t know the specific time period your game takes place but aside from some towns being raided, churches burning and being ransacked, I don’t think the Vikings ever made a move to specifically root out Christianity.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Also the guy didn’t say they’d be all Christian Right then and there, and that they still had Thor amulets and such, that there’s signs of Christianity and Paganism.

What he’s specifically going against is your Atilla mechanic.

Well Total War always had a mechanic we're depending on the religion levels in your cities, there would be unrest with the different religious groups either fighting each other, or going against you and whatever state sanctioned religion you had.

It's just before the Norman invasion of William the Bastard. I would assume there would be a sizable group of Pagans in the British Isles who fought with the Native Christians over beliefs.

Ok so we’re talking what, 11th century pagans?

There’d still be some conflict yea but that’s a bit after what’s considered “The Viking Age” So it wouldn’t be very big conflicts until the 12th and 13th century. Northern Crusades.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok so we’re talking what, 11th century pagans?

There’d still be some conflict yea but that’s a bit after what’s considered “The Viking Age” So it wouldn’t be very big conflicts until the 12th and 13th century. Northern Crusades.

I don't know what Balrog's saying, if I remember correctly the game takes place in the tenth century. You might not think it's a lit, but in the Viking Age one century a lot can happen.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I don't know what Balrog's saying, if I remember correctly the game takes place in the tenth century. You might not think it's a lit, but in the Viking Age one century a lot can happen.

I think the period starts from the mid tenth century, to the Norman invasion of 1066.

• Thanks 1

Okay, so tattoos this weekend got replaced with getting a car, because my parents sold my truck back home and sent me the money. But I’m getting said tattoos sometime soon. After this next set (which is going to be the start of my sleeves) I’m going to get this on my chest

973867C0-28F5-4E78-9874-BFACC238D0EF.thumb.jpeg.13a4c4da1855bd9280210d9e44bc876d.jpeg

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Okay, so tattoos this weekend got replaced with getting a car, because my parents sold my truck back home and sent me the money. But I’m getting said tattoos sometime soon. After this next set (which is going to be the start of my sleeves) I’m going to get this on my chest

Hide contents

973867C0-28F5-4E78-9874-BFACC238D0EF.thumb.jpeg.13a4c4da1855bd9280210d9e44bc876d.jpeg

THATS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION! 

XD Looks badass man.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

No, I know it's a lot. If it's 10th century, that's in the Viking Age so that changes things.

Not gonna be any Crusades by Vikings still but yea, there'll be raids.

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Just a bad joke. A friend of mine got pissy that there girlfriend was getting some African tribal styled tatoo, and she called it cultural appropriation XD

I mean, it kinda is lol.

I think it's tacky which is why I never got any celtic tats or anything knowing damn well I'm not celtic. But I wouldn't get pissed about it. Just shake my head lol and move on. 

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

The runes look all wrong. 

Saw that, gonna fix it when I take it to the artist.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

He's saying you're American, not norse lol. 

At least your ethnicity actually matches. VS dudes that get chinese letters and dont know what the fuck it means XD 

Oh well my dna is about 40% Scandinavian and the other 60% is divided up between other northern Germanic nations, Ireland, Scotland, and England

57 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Saw that, gonna fix it when I take it to the artist.

Oh well my dna is about 40% Scandinavian and the other 60% is divided up between other northern Germanic nations, Ireland, Scotland, and England

Doesnt really matter tbh, you could get a mexican sombrero for all I care. XD Is someone gonna pull out a dna kit on you to make sure you came correct? Lol

I just meant for my personal preference for what I put on my skin, if it's from a real life culture I'm not gonna use it unless I actually have some roots in that culture. I don't care what anyone else does with their skin. 

49 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD Glad I could help... The surest way to find a hoe is to tell her you're no good for her, I swear. Like moths to the flame. 

Me: I’m gonna talk myself up, we’re gonna meet, bang, and then I’m gonna disappear and not answer your messages...

Her: AAA7AA61-D6FC-40DB-A2ED-DD1048F125D9.gif.670a39aca395b559008208812f38698a.gif

• Haha 2