Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #40

6 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My jumping spider is still ok speaking of, but I had to put Simba down tonight. His stomach flipped and I was facing an 8 thousand dollar surgery to save him, with no guarantee he’d survive.

14 years old, great health up until then. I did the injection myself.

I'm so sorry man. I have fond memories of him trying to eat my big toe.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Celan said:

HBO is doing a Dunk and Egg series that starts filming in 2024.

I'm incapable of being enthusiastic about anything ASoIaF these days, but I did like those stories.

House of the Dragon is good enough to have me cautiously optimistic for it. D&D did more to sink that ship than HBO did. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Feels like what they’ve been trying for nearly 20 years to try and make Radiant AI be. XD 

Makes me curious, though. Surely he doesn’t mean there are no scripted events at all, right? Not even in the MQ? Or does he just mean when exploring outside of quests?

Either way, I’m interested in what they do. Seems like they’re legitimately doing some technical innovations here. Kind of stuff we often complain about other devs never doing. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Feels like what they’ve been trying for nearly 20 years to try and make Radiant AI be. XD 

Makes me curious, though. Surely he doesn’t mean there are no scripted events at all, right? Not even in the MQ? Or does he just mean when exploring outside of quests?

Either way, I’m interested in what they do. Seems like they’re legitimately doing some technical innovations here. Kind of stuff we often complain about other devs never doing. 

I think it meant in the over-world, rather then MQ and SQ's. 

• Thanks 1

So apparently WOW is doing something called Classic Plus. Basically you could play a server that was just the vanilla experience from twenty years ago, but now they are going to be updating it with "a ton of new content" that''s new, but designed like it was added twenty years ago XD 

With this and the MCC, I'm hoping more company's look at adding new content for legacy games. 

14 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So apparently WOW is doing something called Classic Plus. Basically you could play a server that was just the vanilla experience from twenty years ago, but now they are going to be updating it with "a ton of new content" that''s new, but designed like it was added twenty years ago XD 

With this and the MCC, I'm hoping more company's look at adding new content for legacy games. 

It makes sense to capitalize on your IPs, though game devs could get into the same bad habits as Hollywood, regurgitating existing IPs to death and paralyzed from trying anything new. 

Chillin here in pbx, East cooper, 
got my niggas wid me, gang like, super troopers, that girl gonna take the whole gang, she a trooper, but when she hit me up in public, never knew her, 

Screw her, fake news, don’t listen to the rumors, I remove a problem Nigga like a fuckin tumor, 

Radiate around these hoes I shine but you hoes can’t see me, she swallow this nut faster than a liberal do a plan B 

I know these niggas can’t stand me but I’m they bitches fantasy my girl my world my galaxy, you niggas best not challenge me, 

I got no chinks in my armor, you got more flaws than fallacies, these females always mad at me cause ain’t no one can handle me, 

I burn bright like I’m thermite and yo bitch ate my wood like termites fuck wid me, then you ain’t too bright but it’s aight cause the hate flatters me, eyyyyy.

• Haha 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Sure, George. You're working hard blah blah. Now work smart, please.

I decided to give BG3 another try. I don't love the combat, but at least the game gives you ways to avoid it.

I'm playing a neutral good druid. So far everyone in my party hates me but Gale and Wyll. XD 

Erien Druid.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Celan said:

Sure, George. You're working hard blah blah. Now work smart, please.

I decided to give BG3 another try. I don't love the combat, but at least the game gives you ways to avoid it.

I'm playing a neutral good druid. So far everyone in my party hates me but Gale and Wyll. XD 

Erien Druid.jpg

I’m just waiting here for the I love gale posts I know are coming lol

40 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My one tip, save often, and frequently…. Everything you do damn near matters

Oh I know. I've never save scummed so hard. Pathfinder is similar but the skill checks in this game are a lot more frequent and savage.

You guys who have been playing BG3 should try Pathfinder. It's not as cinematic but quite rich, too.

43 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m just waiting here for the I love gale posts I know are coming lol

Maybe. So far I like Wyll. I haven't met the horny druid yet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You’ll see him likely before act 2, depending on your decisions. It’s possible to miss him though but if you’re thorough you’ll find them all 

I’m in a big dungeon where he supposedly is being held. So far I have talked my way out of every fight but I’m probably in over my head at level 3. XD 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Celan said:

I’m in a big dungeon where he supposedly is being held. So far I have talked my way out of every fight but I’m probably in over my head at level 3. XD 

Hey if that’s how you wanna play that’s how you wanna play xD