Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

Powerball is $875m. Can y’all please through some luck my way lol. I promise if I win, not only will I foot the bill for a trip for you guys, but I also promise I’ll get hired by Bethesda and influence them to stop fucking up their games :rofl:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw:

The demands are always described as normal stuff like "fair wages" until you actually read the list and see just how ridiculous and unearned they really are. It’s all propaganda, but what else is new?

Not that I like Iger. Screw him too. Modern Disney is trash from the corrupt leaders all the way down to the shitty writers. Same for most of these studios.

Watching everyone squirm in this strike has been fun. Looking like they’re all gonna lose from it. XD 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The demands are always described as normal stuff like "fair wages" until you actually read the list and see just how ridiculous and unearned they really are. It’s all propaganda, but what else is new?

Not that I like Iger. Screw him too. Modern Disney is trash from the corrupt leaders all the way down to the shitty writers. Same for most of these studios.

Watching everyone squirm in this strike has been fun. Looking like they’re all gonna lose from it. XD 

The VFX people should strike just to throw more gasoline on the fire XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The VFX people should strike just to throw more gasoline on the fire XD

They’d be the first ones to actually be halfway justified. The VFX folks have an actual skillset that few others possess and are actually worth a damn at it. And from what I’ve read, they are far more overworked than any of these others.

The writers are a bunch of politically-driven hacks who have produced one of the worst eras of writing in the history of film. Despite that, they make significantly more money than your average American and somehow feel entitled to more, alongside a shipload of other demands.

The actors are just divas looking to steal some of the limelight and make it about themselves. They can’t help it. XD 

Lmfao so @TheCzarsHussaris correct, Baldur probably would to elves, or imperials for that matter. So he has a point. But, look at how Askeladd treated the war orphan vs how baldur did. I would say Baldur's a mix between Thors and Askeladd, in that he has honor and remorse but will do what needs to be done, and enjoys the carnage. 

Askeladd is indeed my favorite character and the one I resonate with most, and theyre very alike, but I would probably say Askeladd is closer to Ulrin than Baldur. How Ulrin treated Baldur is much closer imo to the bastardry that is Askeladd.

@BigBossBalrogfucking loving it lol have dana watching it with me

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

20 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

How so?

Bruh Cnut or Canute, is basically Dales' spitting image except he hides his beauty with a cool winged valkyrie helmet so people dont know he's a pussy (at first) cause he's pretty. He's a pretty universally despised character because he's sooo soft spoiled and bitchmade lol but you learn why exactly he ended up that way. He comes into his own tho thanks to some bastardry of Askeladd again and becomes a pretty cool character even if he is still a bit soft.

He does the whole im pretty but dont fuck with me thing pretty authentically too which is what dales did later on. But despite that change they show he's still not 100 percent "Cnut the Great" yet. Its coming tho. They did an awesome job, basically he went to the moot and came back changed lol.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

but will do what needs to be done, and enjoys the carnage. 

Would you characterize Baldur as a sadist? I remember early on in the story, he was fairly remorseful of the darker things he’d do, but he has since grown to thrive on it. 

Did he always enjoy inflicting pain and dominating others and just discover this about himself recently, or did he learn to like it/develop a liking for it by doing it so much?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@ColonelKillaBee Though i'm surprised you liked Thors so much; the dude is pretty much a greybeard with his pacifistic approach. (Though with the cavet of "if your families being threatened, beat them to an INCH of their life" XD)

Yea well there's a reason why Askeladd is my fav lol. Baldur isn't the strongest character in our story for instance but he gets things done regardless while still being up there in badassery. That's Askeladd. He's no Thorkell, he's no Thors, but he still boxes in that weight class (plus spoilers associated with some of these names lolol)

Thors died standing the fuck up how could I not like him lmfao xD But yea he was a dumb ass for not killing Askeladd when he had the chance. Thorfinn's life went to shit as a direct result unfortunately. Some will argue it was worth the try tho, but good men must recognize when you must kill.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Would you characterize Baldur as a sadist? I remember early on in the story, he was fairly remorseful of the darker things he’d do, but he has since grown to thrive on it. 

Did he always enjoy inflicting pain and dominating others and just discover this about himself recently, or did he learn to like it/develop a liking for it by doing it so much?

He enjoyed it from the very first time he killed a man, which was in the Adventures of Baldur. That moment when he killed those bandits and he roared to the sky was his awakening. Since then, it wasn't that he became a sadist, it was that he'd already been one for years and had to deal with that fact. Lately he'd become more and more accepting of the fact and his nature, ironically through his thu'um training. I feel like the thu'um is very similar to lol dont laugh, Bleach's idea of the soul reaper and their sword. The idea of "I am the sword and the sword is me". 

Same with the thu'um. I think that the main reason it takes so long (for some) to learn it and not long at all for others like Jorunn the Skald-King is because the way the greybeards teach the thu'um, in a way that goes against the nature of the individual, as well as humanity themselves. Nords are warlike but the greybeards teach them the thu'um to worship and hug trees. But, not Baldur.... not Jorunn.

So he's become more accepting of it because he wanted power and understanding. Can't understand who you are without accepting who you are.

• Like 1

I always found it a pretty hilarious and (touching) (Warning Vinland Season 1 ending spoilers)

that a terrible person like Askeladd ended up martyring himself for Wales; dude was given the choice between killing Canute and his mother's homeland and he choose "himself" 

"I am Lucius Artorius Castus!" Still gives me chills.  Even when politically out-maneuvered he still won! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That moment when he killed those bandits and he roared to the sky was his awakening.

I remember that. Which is funny, because it basically just reads like the kind of thing Nords do all the time, with their battle cries and whatnot.

I guess the difference would be that members of a proud warrior culture are raised to get hyped over victory and conquest. Whereas an actual sadist’s excitement derives at least partially from the pain he inflicted.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I remember that. Which is funny, because it basically just reads like the kind of thing Nords do all the time, with their battle cries and victorious roars.

I guess the difference would be that members of a proud warrior culture are raised to get hyped over victory and conquest. Whereas an actual sadist’s excitement derives at least partially from the pain he inflicted.

Exactly. Like.... oh I don't know, Brund lol.

Brund is on the outside who Baldur is at least partially on the inside, just not to the same extreme. Take for instance what he did to that very likeable Penitus Oculatus.

• Haha 2

For Baldur it was the pain inflicted, the victory, the domination, and snuffing out someone's life before they could snuff out his. It was internally to him saying that he can indeed solve his Ulrin problem should it come to that. Hamlet had a similar awakening moment himself when he realized yes, I can kill this man, tho he dragged his feet very much. And it was much more mental than external since he doesnt kill anyone until the end.

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I always found it a pretty hilarious and (touching) (Warning Vinland Season 1 ending spoilers)

Hide contents

that a terrible person like Askeladd ended up martyring himself for Wales; dude was given the choice between killing Canute and his mother's homeland and he choose "himself" 

"I am Lucius Artorius Castus!" Still gives me chills.  Even when politically out-maneuvered he still won! 

His I win maneuver had to have been the funniest thing in any show I've seen

Its very much like what the courier of a protagonist in a videogame would've done lol

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Exactly. Like.... oh I don't know, Brund lol.

Brund is on the outside who Baldur is at least partially on the inside, just not to the same extreme. Take for instance what he did to that very likeable Penitus Oculatus.

I miss Trevis. XD 

And Baldur taking time to understand and accept that about himself makes sense. A sadist raised in such a warrior culture would probably experience a degree of confusion, since his proclivities and upbringing would have him feeling both these things, and would take some time and reflection to understand the distinction between his culture’s enjoyment of defeating enemies and his personal enjoyment of making them suffer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I imagine that there would be a lot of characters who would be similar, given the Nords’ Viking inspiration.

That's true; but he leans into Boldir's "unstoppable juggernaught" aspect quite a bit more then everyone else XD With the little help from a mushroom.

bjorn-vinland-saga.gif

• Haha 1