Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

4 hours ago, Celan said:

In real time, I might pause twice, at most three times during a combat.

In turn based, I have to not only wait for my own turns to complete, but also the companions and all the enemies. It's maddeningly slow. I did notice that sword fighters do a lot more damage per turn rather than cantrips, which made it even more maddening as I was playing a mage.

They potentially can yes, to single targets

Mages have the ability to do massive aoe damage however and are long range. Cantrips arent your bread and butter, theyre your spammables to use when and if you ran out of the big boy spells. Its just to assure you can do something, without wasting spell slots.

Close quarters fighters can do more single target damage because they have to actually get up close, and usually dont have access to stuff like misty step.

I played dragon age, being able to pause the action if you played on something besides easy difficulty was actually a major advantage because so much is going on at once. Thats also a big difference in what games we play, the combat for me needs to be something that I can enjoy as a major part of the game and not just something I want over and done.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee