Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

@BigBossBalrog You ain’t the only one taking vacations this time of year.

I just arrived at my hotel in Memphis, Tennessee.

Tomorrow morning I’ll be flying down to Orlando, where I’ll be in training courses for a few days.

Wednesday I’ll be flying from Orlando to San Antonio, where I’ll be hanging out until Sunday. 

Hunting season opens next weekend, so I might just go straight to the deer woods when I get home instead of returning to work. I’ll probably need the quiet by the time I’m finished with all these cities. XD 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog You ain’t the only one taking vacations this time of year.

I just arrived at my hotel in Memphis, Tennessee.

Tomorrow morning I’ll be flying down to Orlando, where I’ll be in training courses for a few days.

Wednesday I’ll be flying from Orlando to San Antonio, where I’ll be hanging out until Sunday. 

Hunting season opens next weekend, so I might just go straight to the deer woods when I get home instead of returning to work. I’ll probably need the quiet by the time I’m finished with all these cities. XD 

You probably wont find as much charm as Dublin in those cities, but have fun XD

From a game I obsessively played for the last while; Faith the Unholy Trilogy. It's a super cool (and pretty terrifying) homage to the exorcist made like an Atari game  XD The cutscens are rotoscoped and they use "text to speech" for creepy ass voice acting and music.  One of the most unique art styles i've seen.                             

9e62c075097fdd135b4b62521d1e48af.gif

aea.gif

FB91E27D2D53F5F29D77904A186F1A3D7906C898

MORTIS.gif

horror-faith-the-game.gif

e76ebbf43afb4ae5cea9ba0b13af242ec08ada37

Not to alarm, but i've heard some worrying things about God of War. Apparently there's a ton of "marvel-esquqe humor" and "marvel-interactions". I don't think it's quite as bad as Last of Us 2, but apparently the game had like fifteen different writers and it shows. 

Odin in particular is a really weird character. His design is very "plain" (which I don't mind) but the way i've seen him talk instead of being a manipulator/spymaster, he uses a lot of modern terminology and acts like one of those "nu-male" parody videos 

XD It's really jarring.

There's also a forced "message" at the end, when Kratos  realizes killing your enemies (despite them being genocidal maniacs) is wrong, despite the fact the message of the last game seemed to be "at times you need to use violence but it can be tempered and you can show mercy". But nah "killing at all"" is bad XD 

Oh and a Korean reviewer complained about some of these things, and sony fans are sending him death threats XD

https://www.dualshockers.com/god-of-war-ragnarok-reviewer-received-death-threat-after-giving-6-of-10/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Not to alarm, but i've heard some worrying things about God of War. Apparently there's a ton of "marvel-esquqe humor" and "marvel-interactions". I don't think it's quite as bad as Last of Us 2, but apparently the game had like fifteen different writers and it shows. 

Hide contents

Odin in particular is a really weird character. His design is very "plain" (which I don't mind) but the way i've seen him talk instead of being a manipulator/spymaster, he uses a lot of modern terminology and acts like one of those "nu-male" parody videos 

XD It's really jarring.

There's also a forced "message" at the end, when Kratos  realizes killing your enemies (despite them being genocidal maniacs) is wrong, despite the fact the message of the last game seemed to be "at times you need to use violence but it can be tempered and you can show mercy". But nah "killing at all"" is bad XD 

Oh and a Korean reviewer complained about some of these things, and sony fans are sending him death threats XD

https://www.dualshockers.com/god-of-war-ragnarok-reviewer-received-death-threat-after-giving-6-of-10/

It all went downhill when they decided to make Thor a fat fuck :P

11 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

when Kratos  realizes SPOILERS

Yeah, what the hell? That contradicts his entire arc…

I really hate this recent trend of devs creating video games that are purposefully super violent and combat-heavy experiences, only for their moral to be "violence is bad and you should feel bad for enjoying it".

It’s so pretentious and hypocritical.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, what the hell? That contradicts his entire arc…

I really hate this recent trend of devs creating video games that are purposefully super violent, combat-heavy experiences, only for their moral to be "violence is bad and you should feel bad for enjoying it".

It’s so pretentious and hypocritical.

I mean it goes against the title of the fucking series; God of War .I feel it's unnecessary too; I feel the shift in 2016 from asshole Kratos too "I will only kill to protect my loved ones and do what's right" Kratos was enough of a shift.

For comparison I think this dude would have been a perfect-kind of war deity that Kratos could have settled into XD

elden-ring-how-to-beat-hoarah-loux-warri

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean it goes against the title of the fucking series; God of War .I feel it's unnecessary too; I feel the shift in 2016 from asshole Kratos too "I will only kill to protect my loved ones and do what's right" Kratos was enough of a shift.

For comparison I think this dude would have been a perfect-kind of war deity that Kratos could have settled into XD

I don't think Kratos was ever cucked by his wife with herself himself.

Ragnarök itself is pretty disappointing. The scale of it and the fact Kratos gets to act like a general is indeed sick, but it's super bright, there's alot of quips, it's pretty damn light-hearted (reminds me of the final battle in end-game) Wanted something super grim and apocalyptic

:(   
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Or fuck, pre-Bloom Malenia was benevolent but a ruthless warrior and General. Radahn too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ragnarök itself is pretty disappointing. The scale of it and the fact Kratos gets to act like a general is indeed sick, but it's super bright, there's alot of quips, it's pretty damn light-hearted (reminds me of the final battle in end-game) Wanted something super grim and apocalyptic

:(   

Dang. Guess it’s a good thing I failed to find a PS5. That game was the biggest reason I wanted one. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

What a colossal disappoint, of all the series' effected by that, I really didn't expect God of fucking War to fall.

I was looking forward to at least seeing how the story unfolded. Way to ruin a stellar setup.

Yeah. The last game was so good, and they seemed like they had such a clear plan going forward, I wouldn’t have dreamed that something like this would happen. 

But I guess that’s what happens when you keep replacing your devs. The whole project becomes a mess that’s not remotely on track with what it was. 

On 11/5/2022 at 8:32 PM, The Good Doctor said:

Well this was shot. The cowards at Frontier cancelled my 9:00 flight and a whole bunch of others because of a hurricane that wasn’t supposed to hit until 4:00. Then those scumbags hiked up the prices to $1,000+ for all the flights they didn’t cancel, including some that were after mine. They basically stranded everyone in a city and then told us to pay 10x the original rates if we wanted to leave.

I managed to get another. Only flight out of Orlando I could find that wasn’t ridiculously priced. Now I’m in St. Louis, getting ready to fly to Charlotte (hi @Celan :lol:). From there, I’ll finally be able to fly to San Antonio like originally planned. 

Then on Sunday I’ve got two more flights to get back home.

In the future, I’m going to try and stick to driving. I’m so tired of these airlines and how terribly all this shit is run. Especially Frontier.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Celan said:

Damn, Doc, that's some criminal conspiracy shit right there.

How long are you in Charlotte? CLT is a nightmare. Hopefully you won't have long to wait.

If everything goes right, I’ll only be there for about an hour or so. And it’s a layover so I won’t have to go find my bag, walk through security, or leave the terminal. Just swapping gates.

But yeah, it was pretty nuts. I’m so glad I got that flight (barely managed it) or I’d be stuck there for the next two days unless I coughed up a lot of money or took a bus.