Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

On 11/7/2022 at 11:23 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

From a game I obsessively played for the last while; Faith the Unholy Trilogy. It's a super cool (and pretty terrifying) homage to the exorcist made like an Atari game  XD The cutscens are rotoscoped and they use "text to speech" for creepy ass voice acting and music.  One of the most unique art styles i've seen.                             

9e62c075097fdd135b4b62521d1e48af.gif

aea.gif

FB91E27D2D53F5F29D77904A186F1A3D7906C898

MORTIS.gif

horror-faith-the-game.gif

e76ebbf43afb4ae5cea9ba0b13af242ec08ada37

Lol this is pretty badass

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently it's a full on review bomb XD They did the same with Horizon. It's so petty.  

But what’s any of it got to do with Elden Ring?

Like, Ghost of Tsushima and TLoU2 I understood. Because they launched together and were competitive for sales on the PS4. But ER has nothing at all to do with GoW besides releasing the same year.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Like, Ghost of Tsushima and TLoU2 I understood. Because they launched together and were competitive for sales on the PS4. But ER has nothing at all to do with GoW besides releasing the same year.

Apparently because it has a higher score XD It's all fucking petty nonsense 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Probably Sony fans are seething at the thought of Elden Ring beating GoW as game of the year :P

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

1668266702163747m.thumb.jpg.f360b91d4bed1e705e25427ed5da0faf.jpg

XD

I’d need the context, but this doesn’t seem so bad. Kratos developed a lot in GoW4. By the end he is much less harsh with the lessons he is imparting on his son. This just seems like a continuation of that.

Like Baldr. He didn’t want to kill him; he had to. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t pity him as well. 

15 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's a copy pasta XD The actual game has some creepy lines

i dunno what this is saying but its also hilarious xD I think it was just that my room was pitch black and i had no clue what the pastor was saying because it was so loud and drilling into my brain.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Here’s a question for y’all. Now that dragons are back in TES, how would you like to see them handled in the next mainline game?

Have them be rare bosses that you have to explore the world to find, all named, unlevelled with unique attributes (Elden Ring style). You could have a few be hidden NPC's, maybe give us some exposition on how Paary is doing teaching the way of the voice to the rest.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Have them be rare bosses that you have to explore the world to find, all named, unlevelled with unique attributes (Elden Ring style). You could have a few be hidden NPC's, maybe give us some exposition on how Paary is doing teaching the way of the voice to the rest.

That’s pretty close to what I’d like, as well. I’d probably have there be less than ten, all living in very remote places -caves, mountaintops, islands, deep in the desert, etc- and maybe one or two who actually joined forces with a faction like Nahfahlaar did.

All have unique names, appearances, personalities, and their own sets of specific shouts and abilities. And all or most can be conversed with and not just fought, or at least talk to us before or during a fight.

Make the dragonbone/scale armor some of the best, but only one full set is obtainable and can be crafted by killing all or most of the dragons for these materials. The ultimate reward for wiping out the toughest bosses in the game.

• Like 1

And if the game is in a Skyrim bordering nation like High Rock or Hammerfell, then I’d love to see an awakened Dragon Priest lich boss somewhere along the mountain border, with his mask being a powerful unique artifact that is the only of its kind in the game. Just the one, though, because having 10+ in Skyrim kinda cheapened them.

• Like 1