Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

If you couldn’t tell I like equipment breaking systems. Like new Vegas and Morrowind. I love it. For one it’s realistic, and for two it makes the world more believable because you have to maintain your gear instead of just using an iron sword for all eternity and just hoarding your gold. I’ve been playing Skyrim again recently and literally all I’ve done is be a nord hunter out in the woods of falkreath with fur armor and a hunting bow, selling the pelts and meat and I eventually saved up enough gold to buy the land for the falkreath house and now I have just a basic ass little hunters cabin out in the woods

• Like 2

Fuck:dntknw:

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

If you couldn’t tell I like equipment breaking systems. Like new Vegas and Morrowind. I love it

So do I. New Vegas did it best with the weapon stats only decreasing at around 3/4 condition. That way shooting one bullet or bashing one enemy didn’t immediately hurt the stats like in Oblivion or Fallout 3. And I really like malfunctions being a thing at lower conditions.

Though I did love how Oblivion’s repair skill synergized with the system by allowing you to repair things beyond 100% to an even higher quality than they could normally reach. Actually made it an excellent skill. 

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Ragnarok sold more in 3 months than TLoU2 has in two years. XD 

To be fair this one time, God of War has always been Sony "lets release this and watch as the money pours in" IP since the PS2 days, so it doesn't surprise me XD 

But yeah, Last of Us 2, from a completely objective standpoint was super super divisive, good critical reviews can only go so far.   

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To be fair this one time, God of War has always been Sony "lets release this and watch as the money pours in" IP since the PS2 days, so it doesn't surprise me XD 

But yeah, Last of Us 2, from a completely objective standpoint was super super divisive, good critical reviews can only go so far.   

I would agree, but TLoU was a ridiculously successful game that even rivaled GoW. By rights, its sequel should’ve been on a similar level.

Thank goodness for that leaker, huh? XD 

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I watched the new Remastered 4k 3D version of Titanic in the cinema today, I couldn't help but laugh at all the memes :rofl: Still a VERY fun movie. It's such a shame Cameron is trapped in the mediocrity that is Avatar. 

I just remember hating Rose. XD Remind me some time on Discord to tell you about how the real thing was an assassination plot that paved the way for the Federal Reserve to exist.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just remember hating Rose. XD Remind me some time on Discord to tell you about how the real thing was an assassination plot that paved the way for the Federal Reserve to exist.

The last half of the movie is a just a fucking INSANE spectacle of practical effects and total chaos. It's one of the best disaster movies.