Roleplayer’s Off Ropic Thread #22

Balrog Didn’t Want a Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Balrog Didn’t Want a Poll

• So here it is.
    • Suck it.
    • Skyrim belongs to the Nords.

Also dude they have some seeeexy super light P320 sig sauers. Like, I’m in loooove. I’m getting one next, and they come with sights n shit already. My gun store has so much crap.

Its a bit bigger than the one you got but I’m ok with size, especially because the thing is light as paper.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also dude they have some seeeexy super light P320 sig sauers. Like, I’m in loooove. I’m getting one next, and they come with sights n shit already. My gun store has so much crap.

Its a bit bigger than the one you got but I’m ok with size, especially because the thing is light as paper.

I think pretty much all their pistols come with good sights already. Sig doesn’t cheap out on ya. ;) 

Those new P320s are slick as fuck. I want one too, but with the upcoming new laws in Missouri, I’ve been putting cash back for something more exotic. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

They really are sleek as fuck. In my excitement I pointed the thing at myself when he showed it to me like a fucking shoebe :facepalm: embarrassing. Sigh. Anyway I corrected myself immediately and the guy said he’s seen worse lol.

Anyway I’ll be taking baby out to shoot tomorrow with my cousin. No slugs yet so I’m just gonna be blowing up watermelon and plinking paper.

1 hour ago, BTC said:

One of Gracchus's abilities is Firestorm, which targets all enemies but with a lower chance to hit. He'd probably also have a very minor healing ability, sorta like the Darkest Dungeon crusader does. Tacitus probably has an ability were he lowers his sanity and/or increases his stress in order to do extra damage. Theo has a similar ability but he lowers another character's sanity and/or increases their stress in order to deal more damage. Morane would have some sort of paralysis (stun) spell. 

That's great because I really wanted to capture that classic fantasy quest feel, with characters who are definitely not classic fantasy heroes lol. I'm excited for all the fun stuff they're gonna get up to and how the Tynes throw my plans outta whack and how I'll adapt to them

Dude when did you start playing DD?

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Dude when did you start playing DD?

Way back when. I played it quite a bit a couple summers ago, but never finished it. Haven't played it in a while though. I never got very far, mostly just played casually

• Like 1

Lorgar is a second liner/frontliner, a DPS monster, but can do an attack from the back if he's shuffled, using his greatbow. To reflect his nature of a stealth archer, his bow attacks grants him stealth for three turns, and does extra damage towards targets that are marked. His other abilities are him using his greatsword to inflict powerful, but mundane damage (no bleeds or anything, and a mid tier stress heal for himself (Skaal penance or something of the like, were he reflects on the monster he's becoming) Stress is his worst enemy, and that's his unique gimmick. Loses extra stress when he kills things (to reflect his bloodlust) but gains a huge amount of it when another adventurer dies (to reflect his care for the soldiers under him) Like the Flagellant, when he gets enough stress, he can only enter one affliction, lunacy, in which he enters wolf mode. Massive damage with his fans and claws with a high crit chance, stealth abilities based on cloaking himself in darkness, but doing horrible stress damage to everyone else. Cannot party with Nords. 

Dales is a backliner who can still dish out damage when forced into the front. Her moveset is based on using her ice magic for icicles, and her power in alteration. Can impale people on icicles doing a debuff, causing bleed as well. Can stealth herself and her allies that also provides a prot buff.  Can throw up an icy storm that shuffles the entire enemy group, and stuns them to simulate "freezing". Has valor, in which she gives her party a series of buffs, and discourage, which provides a debuff towards the enemy. Has unique camping skills based on interactions with other female character. The Empress's favor, which provides a large bonus to prot, crit chance, and dodge, to one female character of her choosing (can only use it once a dungeon and on one character), and dark flirtation, which has a fifty fifty chance of either providing a large stress heal, or causing a plummet in sanity.  Vulnerable to stress.

Avitus is frontliner tank, but also has a heavy support role. He provides a myriad of buffs to any party he's in, reflecting his nature as a skilled commander, such as Form Testudo  and a partywide stress heal (unit cohesion). He shield provides a large passive prot buff to himself, and he's focused on receiving damage rather then taking it. He can do strong thrusts with his Gladius (go for the stomach), and can hit enemies at the back with a javelin throw (pilum toss). Has a special ability called "Clerical Error" in which he does stress damage to himself, but gets super angry, and buffs his attack and protection.  Camping skills are all geared on preparing the party, such as legion discipline (which gives Avitus a large stress reduction and stress resistance), Legion Tactics (which is a partwide buff that enhances damage, dodge, and initiative) and Legion intuition (which prevents nighttime ambushes and increases the chance of surprising enemy groups). Unlike the other two, Avitus is less open to stress damage. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What happens in DD when your insanity gets too high?

It's a very complex sanity system, generally speaking your character either becomes Afflicted or Virtuous. (the former having a much higher chance of happening) 

Afflicted means they give into despair, and have a certain affliction. Anything from becoming selfish or masochistic, each having horrible downsides. For example if someone becomes selfish, they'll get angry when someone else is healed and cause stress damage to the party, or skip there own turn to retreat backwards. Or if their Maco, they'll do damage to themselves, refuse healing, or advance forward. And a bunch of other stuff. 

88bbf7e6cd299e56a1fd12ffdb098a43.jpg

Virtuous is when their driven to the abyss, yet they refuse to be dragged down by it and in their darkest moment, they scream "no", and then the rally (instantly healing all of their stress and gaining a powerful buff) Like with Afflictions there's different types of Virtue, like Stalwart or selfless, and they'll do stuff like buff their teammates, heal them with their words, and rally everyone around them. It has a much lower chance of happening.

400px-Stalwart_Man-at-arms.PNG?version=4

The really cool thing is each class has a huge amount of unique lines related to their virtue and affliction, a Hopeless Highwayman will cry about "seeing the face of the dead child" he killed, or a Stalwart Men At Arms, will scream about their party "getting into formation and fighting as one". There's so much variation.

dungeon.jpg

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What happens in DD when your insanity gets too high?

If you go too high you suffer a heart attack that reduces your health to 0. Which in the game puts you on something called Death's Door, where any damage has a chance to kill you. It may only take one more hit to kill you, it may take 10. Strength of hit is also irrelevant at that point. 1 damage is as likely to kill you as 100. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

If Lorgar’s insanity gets too high, instead of any of that stuff happening, he turns into a werewolf and you lose control over him for a while. When his turn comes he will randomly attack anyone on either side.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Lol nobody wants Theu in a party :rofl:

I've got a good ability for him. Withering Dreams, where he stuns enemies by assailing them with nightmares and it does increasing damage if it continues to hit a creature

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Lol nobody wants Theu in a party :rofl:

I actually considered swapping Veleda for him, since I figured Faida’s witchcraft penalties wouldn’t work on him. XD I built my party around her, so it fits.

But I also need a hard-hitting ranged attacker, and I figured that’s where Veleda would shine. 

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

My party (excluding OP characters) would be Asgen in the front, then Baldur or Rebec behind him, Faida in the third row, and Veleda in the back.

Asgen has good defense, dodge, and a high % chance to hit, albeit dealing less damage than Boldir. He is intended to be paired with Faida and gains additional boosts from her buffs. He has a taunt ability that can draw agro towards him and pairs really well with Faida's buffs. Has very high sanity and stress resistance, but if Faida dies, it's the opposite and he will become very difficult to manage.

Colonel already laid out Baldur and Rebec's stuff quite well. I'd want them for damage and versatility. And Baldur to reduce stress as a bard.

Faida is primarily a support character who provides defensive and increased % chance to hit buffs on everyone. She can heal, but not as effectively as a designated healer. If facing undead, she can use her turn to target one and make it attack any of its allies. If someone permanently dies, she can raise them as a ghost that dies in one hit. Same sanity and stress pros and cons as Asgen, so it's important to keep both of them standing.

Veleda in the back because she's got a good arsenal of ranged attacks. I don't know what it would be called, but I feel like she'd have some sort of trait that could help people with sanity as well. "Levelheadedness" or something like that.

Lol I like levelheadedness for Veleda, makes me think Baldur needs a camp ability called loremaster that either comforts or worries the listeners depending on their class. Rebec for instance would hear him going on about Cthulhu/Herma Mora lore and reactbas she always does lol but Theu or someone with magical background might benefit from a buff now that they have a better understanding of what they’re facing.

And if she’s raising ghosts from the dead that should definitely stress out people like Rebec XD 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Did I say something wrong XD 

Lol civilians think “military grade” is high quality. Actual military grade stuff is the shittiest of the shit lmao. Even the toilet paper is garbage, it’s literally less than one ply :rofl: We used to call it John Wayne paper because it’s rough, it’s tough, and it don’t take no shit from nobody XD

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Centurion said:

Lol civilians think “military grade” is high quality. Actual military grade stuff is the shittiest of the shit lmao. Even the toilet paper is garbage, it’s literally less than one ply :rofl: We used to call it John Wayne paper because it’s rough, it’s tough, and it don’t take no shit from nobody XD

Surplus sites are great for buying ammo in bulk, though.