Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol if y’all say so, Vivec on trial had some good additional lore bits to it, plus it’s the first time we got to see how truly powerful CHIM was vs just theories of how powerful it was.

To each his own. I didn’t like any of that, personally. CHIM is way more interesting to me when it is this esoteric thing that possibly even a lie. And Vivec is more interesting to me when he’s flawed and tricky and not all powerful. This “I am more enlightened than the gods so I win no matter what” stuff was very meh. It works in the C0DA universe where everything eventually becomes super weird and OP, but in normal TES? Like I said, meh. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

To each his own. I didn’t like any of that, personally. CHIM is way more interesting to me when it is this esoteric thing that possibly even a lie. And Vivec is more interesting to me when he’s flawed and tricky and not all powerful. This “I am more enlightened than the gods so I win no matter what” stuff was very meh. It works in the C0DA universe where everything eventually becomes super weird and OP, but in normal TES? Like I said, meh. 

Well that’s exactly what CHIM is, we already knew he and Talos were the most powerful beings around.

All that did for me was confirm what we already knew. I don’t see the big deal but yea, to each their own. I like it especially for the explanation for why Azura is so weak in present time.

Trial of Vivec came before Skyrim so it’s a good chance they did that with her because of that piece. Which is hella cool to me because they finally acknowledge CHIMs power.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well that’s exactly what CHIM is, we already knew he and Talos were the most powerful beings around.

All that did for me was confirm what we already knew. I don’t see the big deal but yea, to each their own. I like it especially for the explanation for why Azura is so weak in present time.

That’s what Vivec says CHIM is. But he is a self-admittedly liar and it is only referenced directly by name by him. If it was really so all powerful in the game world, the plots of Morrowind and especially the ESO expansion shouldn’t have even been an issue. He didn’t even need the Heart of Lorkhan.

I just think Vivec is much more interesting in actual TES than in MK’s extra works like the trial, C0DA, and whatnot. And I say that as someone who likes C0DA, but as its own thing. To me, the trial cheapens Vivec’s character and Morrowind’s story.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Theres a lot of possible reasons for that though, like perhaps a part of understanding CHIM first is achieving godhood, so your godhood is something you have to maintain.

That explains also why Talos' Godhood despite having CHIM is even a plotline, albeit not a blatant one and not front and center. He achieved godhood via Numidium before he discovered CHIM.

Sure, there can be explanations for it. But they don’t really address why I think it makes his character worse. Morrowind Vivec was a false god who claimed to have achieved a second “realer” form of divinity/nirvana but also admitted to being a lying trickster and never really displayed this power. I prefer that to him just being this big “I did nothing wrong” Mary Sue who is more powerful than anyone until he disappears never shows up again.

A false god becoming a real god is pretty much what Lorkhan intended so I'm all for it, especially because I think it actually adds to what he and the tribunal did. They did wrong, but in doing so Vivec has become more, exactly what Nirn was intended for. So whether he did wrong or not, especially since he too helped his people, becomes a point of perspective. 

Someone please test this and tell me if it works:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D6STSX8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8

I NEED to know if this is real. I don't have Alexa but I'll get it somehow. Download for PC?

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: How you liking the DLCs so far?

Hearts of Stone has been pretty fun so far. Gaunter O’Dimm is definitely a pretty devilish figure. And the toad fight and the foreigners were interesting. And this quest with Vlodimir is pretty funny

• Like 1

Since I know a few of y’all like the Assassin’s Creed games and liked Origins, here’s a rundown from a playable demo

https://kotaku.com/everything-we-learned-about-assassin-s-creed-odyssey-af-1826721186

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Though I’m sure that bay in on the map of High Rock is waaaaay larger than the curved beach in the trailer. XD You could drop Solstheim in it

It’s called the Great Bay for a reason! Though that’s actually a new name as far as I know, from ESO. For a while it didn’t even have one and I had considered making one up before I say it labeled on Lady Nerevar’s world map

• Like 1

We had a good time at work shitting on that EA conference and that Fallout Seventy Dicks reveal lol.

Highlight so far for everyone’s Cyberpunk, even some people that didn’t know what that was got pumped when they saw CDPR.